It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Marketing IDeas
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:03 pm 
LOST Newbie

this can be where anyone can post their ideas.....they will be talked about, so be forwarned

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:06 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tommudd wrote:
Working in dealerships before I know where most of your brochures will end up at. You may find some that are receptive to your ideas and let you leave some things but most will not take the time. Getting a salesman to come to a meeting on his day off, not going to happen unless he is a died in the wool Jeep fanatic.

Not being negative here, :wink: just been around Jeeps/dealerships/4WD shops/ clubs for 30 years.

Dealing with smaller mom and pop repair shops where other Jeep owners deal at will get you a lot more than most any dealerships. They will be a lot more open to you after they see you out and about in the community helping put on runs/raising money for organizations etc also. Lots of clubs come and go every year and places get burnt out after a while with new people coming in all the time and saying we are the best there is! :wink:

Also like was mentioned have to watch how things are worded and also what you say going in to someplace like that .

OH You do know that LOSTKJs was pictured and mentioned in the 2006 Jeep Liberty Brochure don't you? Could use that as an in at some places :wink:

Now I will go back to my side of the world :wink:

I brought this quote over because it's more about marketing that meeting locales.

Tom is right. I think if anything, we should inquire about holding a Liberty 'car' show at dealerships. This way we will represent both LOST and the fun we have has Liberty owner's. Realistically speaking, I don't see much else happening between us and Jeep dealers. We should however have a copy of the Jeep / LOST brochure in hand whenever we approach a dealership GM or owner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:08 pm 
LOST Newbie

ki am bringing this over from brainstorming...this is a marketing idea...over in the other thread we have two nice job votes...this is still in production stage

okay here is a link to a rough draft...we are still fine tuning images making the vehicles more defined

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w54/ ... ncoln3.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:49 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Maybe not have the Jeeps directly on Lincoln's head. Have them going in a semi-circle a bit way from his head maybe? This being the "land of Lincoln" is a great tie-in, but it feels like it's cheapening Lincoln a bit. Not sure how others feel about this though. If I'm out numbered in my thinking, so be it. :wink:

Frankenlift; Skink Sliders; Skid Row front skid; Mopar trans, t-case, and gas tank skids; f/r recovery points; Cobra 75 WX ST; Renegade light bar; hardwired radar detector; 245/75 Guard Dog MTs; Optima Red Top, Amsoil air filter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:41 pm 

lionseye640 wrote:
Maybe not have the Jeeps directly on Lincoln's head. Have them going in a semi-circle a bit way from his head maybe? This being the "land of Lincoln" is a great tie-in, but it feels like it's cheapening Lincoln a bit. Not sure how others feel about this though. If I'm out numbered in my thinking, so be it. :wink:

I wasn't going to say anything ( I know I am not in the right state ) but having Jeeps running over the outline of one of the greatest presidents ever is well kind of ...just not right :roll: Agree great tie in but have the head smaller and everything else above / below the head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:43 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I respect your thoughts on this however I like the Jeeps. My opinion (and not only because I came up with the slogan), is that I prefer "LOST in the Land of Lincoln" over "Get LOST with your Jeep". It's too wordy, and not catchy at all.

As for the total image, I don't feel it cheapens Lincoln. Personally I think it shows pride being a Jeeper from the Land of Lincoln! And fwiw, I'm not against someone coming up with a better slogan either.

UPDATE: I wasn't aware tommudd posted as I was replying. Just so we're clear, I'm not against removing the Jeeps, but I fail to see how it cheapens? My main concern is having the right catchy slogan.

Last edited by oddball on Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:44 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I hadn't really thought about it, but yea there are people who may be a bit offended by the jeeps on lincolns noggin

to keep with the idea though, you could switch it so that lincons head is more like rushmored, with the jeeps on a trail under the bust of lincoln

i typically suck at trying to do any sort of complicated graphics, so i hate to throw an idea that may mean someone to have to do more work though , so it's just an idea :)

Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:47 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

And it's a good idea too. I'm sure overclocked wants to get it 'right' and make something we'll all be proud of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:29 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

oddball wrote:
I respect your thoughts on this however I like the Jeeps. My opinion (and not only because I came up with the slogan), is that I prefer "LOST in the Land of Lincoln" over "Get LOST with your Jeep". It's too wordy, and not catchy at all.

"Get LOST with your Jeep" is just the "hook" if you will. We do have one in the works with "LOST in the Land of Lincoln" (I like that slogan, too!)running along the bottom. Just posted that particular one to give all an idea.

oddball wrote:
As for the total image, I don't feel it cheapens Lincoln. Personally I think it shows pride being a Jeeper from the Land of Lincoln!

For the record, there was no intention whatsoever to "cheapen" Lincoln in any way. You have to admit, Abe's profile does lend itself to some offroad analogies. ;)

(If it sounds like I'm defending overclocked, well yes, I am. I've been helping him work on this, too.) Hubby's off tomorrow and will have more time to work on the flyer/logo. But, please, keep the constructive opinions coming!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:06 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Okay so I was staring at the artwork and came up with the following idea.

Lincoln's head as it is. Instead of Jeeps cruising over his head, have the iconic 7 slat Jeep grill "in his thoughts" on the brain (not too big). Remove the Meet other Jeeper, etc., wording from there.

"LOST in the Land of Lincoln". (sorry I'm still not liking the "hook" phrase) Above his head.

Rewrite & relocate = "Meet Local Jeepers" (that's all you need)

Keep = Off-Road Adventures & Trail Runs

Keep= Local News & Information

Keep "Visit us on the web @ www.lostkjs.com"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:28 pm 
LOST Newbie

well one thing that will happen to this flyer is final approval by our newly formed board...I will have several versions posted with as many ideas included as possible...changing the profile of lincoln may be a bit of a bear....I would just like to work with what i have....In one version I will move the jeeps off his head and into a semi circle....I think getting lost is a great catch phrase that can work with all jeep badges.....get lost with your mods get lost with your friends get lost with us....I will also make one with the seven slot grill....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:56 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hubby's been really busy this week, so I've been working on the different variations of the logo. Sorry it's slow going, but I've been putting in a bunch of OT at work. Hopefully, will be able to post up a few of drafts in a few days.
Thanks for your patience!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:33 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I really like "Lost in the Land of Lincoln" Don't need a silhouette of Honest Abe. In fact, I think a silhouette of the State with some tire tracks across it would look really cool.

Just my 2 cents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

The state silhouette is a great idea bugnout. Just between you & me, I was actually going to suggest that at the time I originally replied with my thoughts, but I didn't have the heart to suggest a complete make over. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:13 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

That sounds like a good alternate - but I'm not going to be the one to do it. I'm barely finding the time to finish up the Lincoln head variations *sigh*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:47 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

jeepfrog wrote:
That sounds like a good alternate - but I'm not going to be the one to do it. I'm barely finding the time to finish up the Lincoln head variations *sigh*

Oh c'mon, not like we're asking you to write a biography! :wink: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:22 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

So I'm wondering if there is a packet or such relating to our LOST Illinois chapter yet? I was thinking about approaching someone to possibly hold an event.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:43 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

oddball wrote:
So I'm wondering if there is a packet or such relating to our LOST Illinois chapter yet? I was thinking about approaching someone to possibly hold an event.

Talk to the VP...I think Ann (lionseye) had something she was working on, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:56 pm 
LOST Addict

I just stumbled across this forum and I love it that lost is helping to stimulate the economy. I think the dealerships should be giving a "kick back" when people find out what they can do with their mall cruiser.

4" Stump Lift.
JBA UCA's
245/75/16 GOODYEAR DURA TRACS

Thanks for throwing me under the bus Evil... Just remember this when you decide to turn yours back in to a... Real Jeep.