It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1015 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 51  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:08 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Eventhough I don't even use my a/c, here's to hoping the weather conditions for you guys ghoing to Moab is dry, low humidity, and no higher temps than the low to mid 70s. :wink:

Previous: 95ZJ 92XJ 90XJ 80CJ5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:15 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tan's2002kjlimited wrote:
Eventhough I don't even use my a/c, here's to hoping the weather conditions for you guys ghoing to Moab is dry, low humidity, and no higher temps than the low to mid 70s. :wink:

Ahh! That would be wishful thinking...

Moab forecast for today: 98F, 9% humidity

Forecast for Rapid City, SD (our first multi-day stop) - highs in the low 80s

We'll also be blogging our trip, if anyone is interested: Vicki & Jan's Travelblog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:25 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

:evil: I envy you! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:41 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

yellocoyote wrote:
Our first night camping in Ouray was nice. Not too warm, not too cold... although some of the guys arriving from the Vegas/CA areas complained that it was chilly here... :lol:

Gentle trail rides today, and waiting for the others to arrive... that's the agenda. A day to relax before the real fun begins. :twisted:

Yeah well we all know those thin-blooded people are wimps. :lol:

Enjoy!

On another topic here - a guy from Columbus, Georgia bought our race car. He is scheduled to arrive tomorrow (Sunday) which is why I can't make the Extreme event. I was really looking forward to meeting up with the other's and meeting the Extreme Jeep club people too. I'm not going to be in a good mood tomorrow. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:01 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

oddball wrote:
yellocoyote wrote:
Our first night camping in Ouray was nice. Not too warm, not too cold... although some of the guys arriving from the Vegas/CA areas complained that it was chilly here... :lol:

Gentle trail rides today, and waiting for the others to arrive... that's the agenda. A day to relax before the real fun begins. :twisted:

Yeah well we all know those thin-blooded people are wimps. :lol:

Enjoy!

On another topic here - a guy from Columbus, Georgia bought our race car. He is scheduled to arrive tomorrow (Sunday) which is why I can't make the Extreme event. I was really looking forward to meeting up with the other's and meeting the Extreme Jeep club people too. I'm not going to be in a good mood tomorrow. :evil:

thats funny cause my mom just sold her Lexus RX330 for like $27,000 and were getting a Audi A4 Cabriolet, it ruined my day today, was supposed to goto Badlands wit friends but noooo, my dad needed the jeep

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:03 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Well the Pro Mod Camaro is gone. I was bummed out this had to happen but I am feeling better that my former partner from the race car venture can survive a little longer with his share of the money from the sale. As for myself, I figure I'll use some of the money towards my lift kit, tires & wheels, rocker bars and new roof rails.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:22 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

(stolen from the Buckeyes thread....)

JeepinJarhead03 wrote:
yeah ill be over round chicago but them IL folk are a lil weird... ill prob just sneak out to toms :P

He thinks we're "a lil weird"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:02 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

a lil weird...hmmm...I LIKE IT!

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:36 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

just a little? :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:32 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

On a different note, did you hear the First Lady's dad is supposedly buried in Burr Ridge cemetery? There's going to be serious hell to pay if his body was moved / dumped in those mass graves! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:26 am 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

oddball wrote:
On a different note, did you hear the First Lady's dad is supposedly buried in Burr Ridge cemetery? There's going to be serious hell to pay if his body was moved / dumped in those mass graves! :shock:

and emmit till :(

so, Tom, you gonna get new speakers by August 22nd??? just wondering if you wanted to do the installation, I can help you with those after we tackle my front end on the liberty (i'm only doing the front, i can do the rear myself another day, i feel that jayme's is most important that day)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:40 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Just changed the front rotors and pads. Took quite a bit of pounding with the rubber mallet to break them loose. I got to do the rear rotors too. Anyone have any tips?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:43 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Rear rotors? What's that? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:47 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

o, you lucked out with drums eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:49 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

yeppers! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:16 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Just another good reason to have an '02.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:04 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Change out rear rotors and pads. They came off so much easier than the front.

Found one of the caliper guides was not moving freely and was very surprised to see that it had lots of surface rust even though the boot was in place and sealed. Replaced it and ensured plenty of caliper grease inside the boots on both ends. Checked the others on both sides and was surprised to find very little grease in any of them.

Recommend highly that when you do your brakes that you inspect the caliper guide pins and fill the boots with grease. Looks like they came from the factory without much lube.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:31 am 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

ORDERED THE FRANKENLIFT FRONT!!!

and i think I will have enough for a ARB in october :) so a meet and greet then we can maybe tackle that or goto Badlands and I'll show yall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:30 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Found out that the "wonka-wonka" noise from the front end is a bad UBJ on the passenger side. Also, rear drums are down to 30%. We'll be working on the brakes first. Hopefully, will be able to get the JBA A-Arms by next meeting. I guess the compressor will have to wait a little longer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:33 am 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

i just hope my lift comes in on time for the lift party cause they said 2-3 weeks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1015 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 51  Next