It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Xtreme Jeep Closing
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:51 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

They are on the list that was just released in bankrupcy court today.

Along with Gregory in Lake Villa, Preimer in Chicago, Alrington in Palatine (darn it this is the one I bought from)
There are others, but these are the bigger ones that I noticed, I'm really pissed about the Arlington, I hate Zeigler and don't want to go there for service, I didn't notice the one in Elgin on Irving Park I beleive, what does anyone know aobut them, how are they for service?

2009 Liberty Sport 4x4
Sky Slider
Factory Tow Package
Super Expensive Gutter Screen Grill Inserts
24" of PPF on the front
Factory skids
AEM intake, Scanguage II
Skink Super Sliders, 3/8" Boiler Shims
Stops here for now....baby here!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:06 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Also other closings included are;
Naperville Jeep - Lisle.
Richard Jeep - St. Charles.
River Oaks Jeep - Lansing.
Uftring Jeep - East Peoria.
Cross Jeep - McComb.

In total, Chrysler is closing 44 dealerships in Illinois and 789 in the U.S.

NOT EFFECTED: (not on the list) -
Dempsey - Plano.
Schaumburg - Schaumburg.
River Front - Aurora.
Feeney - Elgin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:51 pm 
LOST Addict

guess that means no extreme jeep fest this year :(

1986 CJ7
Lots of custom stuff...

Gone, But not Forgotten...
2003 Sport - 'Fire Engine' Red
Detours KJ Backbone
Skids
Boulder Bars
JBA 4.5 A Arms
245/75/16 Wrangler Duratracs's on Cragar Soft 8’s
Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers
Superwinch LP 8500
Frankenlifted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:17 pm 
KJ / JK Whatever
KJ / JK Whatever

callaway wrote:
guess that means no extreme jeep fest this year :(

Stay tuned
We are talking to Extreme to get more info
They are a strong dealership -
Fest will go as planned :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:48 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I can't believe Naperville made the list. I would have bet that dealership outsold most of the other's combined.

So Chrysler said they would not buy back inventory (vehicles & parts) from the dealers said to be closing, so now I am wondering if it's only a matter of time before unbelievable deals can be had?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:01 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

After Jan's experience at Ziegler (Schaumburg) yesterday - they should close that one too. The service manager was an absolute *-hole. The guy noticed the part-time light was on in my KJ. Jan told him, "yup - know all about it, when it happened and what caused it". The service guy say, "well, you shouldn't be taking this thing off-road that way". It's only the dummy light that is on - stays on when not in 4-wheel, goes off when you shift into 4-wheel. There were a few other things the guy said that ticked Jan off, too. :x
It seems that a lot of the mechanics that used to work there when it was Schaumburg are gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

jeepfrog wrote:
After Jan's experience at Ziegler (Schaumburg) yesterday - they should close that one too. The service manager was an absolute *-hole. The guy noticed the part-time light was on in my KJ. Jan told him, "yup - know all about it, when it happened and what caused it". The service guy say, "well, you shouldn't be taking this thing off-road that way". It's only the dummy light that is on - stays on when not in 4-wheel, goes off when you shift into 4-wheel. There were a few other things the guy said that ticked Jan off, too. :x
It seems that a lot of the mechanics that used to work there when it was Schaumburg are gone.

This just enforces the point why I refuse to go to this place, darn what the hell do we do now, where do we go??????

2009 Liberty Sport 4x4
Sky Slider
Factory Tow Package
Super Expensive Gutter Screen Grill Inserts
24" of PPF on the front
Factory skids
AEM intake, Scanguage II
Skink Super Sliders, 3/8" Boiler Shims
Stops here for now....baby here!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:02 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

custom shops, i hate the dealerships (unless its under warenty)

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:22 am 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

i goto libertyville (liberty city auto) all nice people there, but i only went there for 4 wheel drive to get fixed under warranty and something wrong with water tank

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:56 am 
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor

Extreme Jeep Fest will go on, as will Extreme Jeep Club.

As it stands now, the dealership is filing an injunction along with a group of other illinois dealers to fight the decision.

Just for everyone's FYI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:23 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

pixeldzn wrote:
Extreme Jeep Fest will go on, as will Extreme Jeep Club.

Good to hear. I'm looking forward to the event.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

I hate to just burst into this thread without having any previous communication with anyone, but I had to jump in and get some info. I bought my KJ from Crossroads Chevy in West Chicago and the entended warranty through them. They told me to take mine to Richards in St Charles while I still had the factory 3/36 if I had any problems because A) they are better dealer than Dupage Jeep in Wheaton and B) they will be around a lot longer than most in the area so you can trust them. Well, my 1 interaction with them had me feeling the oposite. But to my point. Anything that can't be fixed by Crossroads was going to be sent to Richards and be charged to GM. Now where will my KJ go? If Naperville is closing and so is St Charles, I can't imagine Dupage being around that much longer. Where are we supposed to be getting work done if they close everywhere?? Side note, as Oddball said wait for the deals...hopefully they will want to blow out their stock on accessories. Thanks for the info all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:43 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

River Front Jeep on Orchard Road in North Aurora. One stop light North of I-88. They are the first dealership in the front of the automall when you enter off Orchard Rd. Good people there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:33 pm 
LOST Newbie

Wow, what a cruise from Elmhurst to go there. I woulda figered you'd head up to the Jeep dealer on Grand. They were always very cool to me on the phone when I was thinking of a Wrangler. Guess I can check out the Aurora one. Give me a good reason to stop off at Woodmans and revisit their fine liquor dept.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:24 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

RenegadeJay wrote:
Wow, what a cruise from Elmhurst to go there. I woulda figered you'd head up to the Jeep dealer on Grand. They were always very cool to me on the phone when I was thinking of a Wrangler. Guess I can check out the Aurora one. Give me a good reason to stop off at Woodmans and revisit their fine liquor dept.

I've been to River Front a couple of times including a year or so ago when I test drove a JK Rubicon. Aside from that, I figured since you mentioned buying from Crossroads, you might be in the area? As for me, it's only 30 minutes tops down I-88 from Elmhurst to North Aurora. Depending on time of day. As for Larry Roesch Jeep in Elmhurst, I'm not overly impressed regarding both parts availability, and new Jeep's on their lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:52 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

with all these dealerships, are some parts they have in stock cheaper?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:30 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

you would think that they have to sell it because they bought it, Chrysler dont want it back

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 5:34 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

RenegadeJay wrote:
I hate to just burst into this thread without having any previous communication with anyone, but I had to jump in and get some info. I bought my KJ from Crossroads Chevy in West Chicago and the entended warranty through them. They told me to take mine to Richards in St Charles while I still had the factory 3/36 if I had any problems because A) they are better dealer than Dupage Jeep in Wheaton and B) they will be around a lot longer than most in the area so you can trust them. Well, my 1 interaction with them had me feeling the oposite. But to my point. Anything that can't be fixed by Crossroads was going to be sent to Richards and be charged to GM. Now where will my KJ go? If Naperville is closing and so is St Charles, I can't imagine Dupage being around that much longer. Where are we supposed to be getting work done if they close everywhere?? Side note, as Oddball said wait for the deals...hopefully they will want to blow out their stock on accessories. Thanks for the info all.

Don't feel bad about Richards in St. Charles closing, they're a STEALERSHIP tried and true.

Last year my power steering started to "whine", you know, like when the pump is going out. So i was dumb enough to take it in to Richards and after a day in the shop they call me back w/a quote of . . . brace yourselves . . . OVER $5,000 DOLLARS to fix the problem! :x YOU GOTTA BE KIDDIN' ME! $5,000 dollars to fix an almost non existent steering issue!?!?! You must think i rolled in here on the blue bus.

But wait, it gets better.

So i ask the thief how much just to make it driveable, bare minimum. He says $1,500 and that he won't be able to do the work until Monday. So at 4:00 on a Friday i say "okay, just do that". After just 10 minutes of lamenting that decision i call back and get someone else. Of course the tech i'd been communicating with was gone for the day so i explain my situation and tell this guy DO NOT WORK ON THE JEEP, i will call back Monday w/a decision. Monday morning at 8:00am i call back to tell him just put it together, i'm going somewhere else and he says "well we got the work done on Saturday and it's ready to go". :shock: :evil: Longer story short i argue w/the guy for a good half hour on the phone and end up having to pay the money to get my Jeep back.

So far as i'm concerned, Richard Chrysler needs to close and GOOD RIDANCE! i have Lou's Jeep in Geneva do all work i cannot. He does great, honest work at a MUCH better price and i highly recommend their service! i have to go now because even though it was a year ago i am now severely PO'd just thinking about it.

Conquests: Poughkeepsie Gulch, Governor's Basin, Black Bear/Imogene/Engineer/Cinnamon pass, Coal Creek OHV, Badlands OHV, S.M.O.R.R., K-Rocks, Parent's driveway