It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: IL M&G/Lift Party - June 20th
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:18 pm 
LOST Addict

yellocoyote wrote:
Starting a new thread for this.

Let me know who plans to attend, and what kinds of things you're looking to do - I know Tom has a lift and UCA's to install for sure. That way, maybe we can all collectively get our projects done. We can start as early as 10am, if someone is here by then. Bring whatever tools you think will be useful - we have a fair amount, but not everything. Air tools would be helpful. :D

We'll be grilling - I can provide hamburgers w/fixin's. If you have something else you'd prefer to throw on the grill, bring it along. :wink: If everyone wouldn't mind bringing something to share, that would be great too.

We're only a couple of miles from I-90 & Rt. 31 in Elgin. PM me for address.

NAME - PROJECT - FOOD

1. yellocoyote - provide tools/assistance - burgers w/ fixin's 8)

I might be persuaded to start earlier. Two lifts could take up some time, plus the cooler morning air.

A vehicle isn't yours till you learn to wrench on it yourself.

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport (Eugene, I am the Passenger, And I ride and I ride.)
1999 Chev Astro 2WD (Green, Daily Driver)
1997 Chev Astro AWD (Grumpy "The Heep", $250 Rally Van, 335k miles, 2" lift, 31" tires)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:55 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I start work at 6:00 am, so I'm used to getting up early, even on weekends. Early is fine with me.

Previous: 95ZJ 92XJ 90XJ 80CJ5

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:06 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

NAME - PROJECT - FOOD

1. yellocoyote - provide tools/assistance - burgers w/ fixin's
2. oddball - provide assistance - potato salad & pasta salad. (Jewel deli).

I really don't have any personal projects I need to do that day, but I am going to submit a vacation day for the 20th.

Other than iced tea or lemonade, about the only soda "pop" I drink is Dr. Pepper or diet Dr. Pepper (regular diet). In any case, I can also bring soda for several or just myself? Feel free to chime in regarding soda and or if you'd prefer to make either homemade salad I mentioned. Otherwise it's Jewel deli! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:48 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

NAME - PROJECT - FOOD

1. yellocoyote - provide tools/assistance - burgers w/ fixin's
3. jeepfrog/overclocked - tranny skid/O2 sensor/some OJT - I can bring some marinated chicken breasts (boneless) we can grill up, too. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:06 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Just wanted to throw this out there -- if anyone needs basic auto parts (ie; spark plugs, brake pads, etc), let me know what you're looking for (here in this thread or via PM). I can get you a price now and pick up the parts anytime between now, and that Saturday morning. For the record, I can pick up the parts and pay later too, as long as it's within a week from the day I pick them up. And returns for whatever reason are not a problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:14 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

What time are we meeting?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:40 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

yellocoyote wrote:
Gimmie a little time to sleep in and be presentable. :lol:

Left that wide open for a snide comment.....but I didn't. :-)r

After all...you know what Bambi's mother said.....

whatever you need me to bring, tools, food, beverages, let me know.
this M&G is advantageous to me, don't think I could do it by myself.

1. yellocoyote/ihatemybike - provide tools/assistance/possible clevis lift - burgers w/ fixin's
3. jeepfrog/overclocked - tranny skid/O2 sensor/some OJT - I can bring some marinated chicken breasts (boneless) we can grill up, too.
4. tan's2002kjlimited - lift & UCA's - whatever you need me to bring, tools, food, beverages,

Previous: 95ZJ 92XJ 90XJ 80CJ5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:51 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

yellocoyote wrote:
jeepfrog wrote:
What time are we meeting?

Aaron says earlier than 10... I'm going to say as early as 9. Gimmie a little time to sleep in and be presentable. :lol:

Sleeping in a bit is good! We'll be there by 10.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:25 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I got the day off so I will be there around 10:00 am as well. I need directions, sending a PM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:09 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

1. yellocoyote/ihatemybike - provide tools/assistance/possible clevis lift - burgers w/ fixin's
3. jeepfrog/overclocked - tranny skid/O2 sensor/some OJT - I can bring some marinated chicken breasts (boneless) we can grill up, too.
4. tan's2002kjlimited - lift & UCA's - whatever you need me to bring, tools, food, beverages,
5. STINGN - Another hand, I got quite a bit of tools, a large compressor, air tools. I can bring a few bags O' chips (suggestions open!!) and I'm also getting a CB, new battery (WHAT KIND SHOULD I GET) and capacitor for sub

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:52 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

STINGN wrote:
I'm also getting a CB, new battery (WHAT KIND SHOULD I GET) and capacitor for sub

If you're simply looking to replace your battery in the KJ using the stock tray, get a Interstate battery. In my book they're the best. Google or shop the 'net for prices and places locally to buy.

In case you missed my previous post, I have a SWR meter if you need one to tune your antenna & CB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:00 am 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

well...i have 2 amps, a subwoofer, and will have 8 lights running (while car is not running) when i goto farm so i need GOOD BATTERY

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:50 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Interstate MTP-86. 640 CCA. 85 month warranty.

Otherwise Optima has two models in general, Red top & Yellow top. However if you submit thru the application guide on their web site, they only come up with the Red top for the Jeep Liberty = Group 25, 720 CCA, with only a 36 month warranty.

HOWEVER - According to Optima, if you're into audio and electronics, you want the Yellow top, not the Red top. So you'll either have to search here to see if anyone has found one that fits (someone who has the answer may chime in?) or you will have to figure out some other way which Yellow Top battery will fit your KJ.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:37 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

my dad used to own a few lift truck dealerships and used optima batteries at one point he said they suck, i would say the only reason for getting one is if you are going on a large incline so it dosnt leak out, but if you going more than a 60 degree incline, you'll have more problems then a battery spill.

And they are SO EXPENSIVE because of their stupid patent on their spiralcell tech.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:53 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

hey, how hard is it to take off the front bumper piece? maybe yall can help me with reinforcing my lights and putting on tow hooks (the hitch tow hook mod)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:27 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=170

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:31 am 
LOST Member

Hey guys, i placed my order for a frankenlift standard in the end of may and all j's said they would ship within 2 to 3 weeks so i may have the lift to do, i may not. I am not entirely sure. i will keep you all updated on what is going on.

5. STINGN - Another hand, I got quite a bit of tools, a large compressor, air tools. I can bring a few bags O' chips (suggestions open!!) and I'm also getting a CB, new battery (WHAT KIND SHOULD I GET) and capacitor for sub
6. Logan - Frankenlift Standard - possibly depending on shipping.

33's
Soft 8's

Retired
2004 KJ Renegade 4x4
"Gorilla Edition"
Frankenlifted
245/75/16 BFG MT on Cragar 352's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:09 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

yea, i need directions haha, i just got my firestick (darn its tall!) and waiting on the mount then im going to hardwire my radio probably right now.

And I'm going to bring a lot of big bags of chips, anyone want a particular kind?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:11 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

oops haha, in bold too PM ME FOR ADDRESS got it :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:14 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

wow3postsinarow!

UM BRING CAMERA'S THIS PEEPS