It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Improvements?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hi Jayme,

I'm from Indiana right along Lake Michigan and plan on making one of your events soon. So far your events have been 2-3 hours from me and that's what's kept me from coming, but I will wander over there eventually. I know I'm not part of the IL group but I hope it's okay to have a gypsy from another state crash one of your M&G's.

L.O.S.T. #DW090501

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:23 pm 
LOST Addict

501 wrote:
I know I'm not part of the IL group but I hope it's okay to have a gypsy from another state crash one of your M&G's.

I crash other states forums all of the time :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

I think I have posted more in the OHIO section than in the Colorado Section :shock:

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:36 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hi Jayme and all you other LOSTers,

We have been absent due to the fact that we can't wheel the Liberty. Its our only vehicle atm and can't take the chance of breaking it. The non-wheeling events and the forums tend to be rather depressing for me since we can't wheel, although we REALLY want to :roll: Come June or so we will be getting another vehicle, most likely a 4-door Rubi. Then the Liberty will be available for beating on again :twisted:

Hope to be un-absent members soon

Don + Family
AKA FreeJeep

'67 CJ5 - stockish for now

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:01 pm 
LOST Newbie

before it was the distance. but now ima try to make the next one. is it planned yet so i can be free? i know u guys just had one. but with christmas and everything i was busy. i would love to meet and chat with all the illinois lost members

Tints
Tires
Sounds
super sweet herculined rock rails
OTIS w. homelink
OME/RANCHO lift!!!
16x7 Black Rock wheels

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:04 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

We'd be willing to travel a little further, if it meant getting more folks involved. (Jan says we'd even go as far south as Springfield, if need be :JEEPIN: ) I'm hoping too, that this coming year we will be able to get out more for the wheeling events (depending, of course, on how my mom is doing).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:59 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

same as free jeep the CRD has over 120k miles on it now and is in need of repairs (altho it is paid off now). soon i will have everything fixed and hopefully buying a house next year then i can worry about gettting out to events again. altho i will be trying to make some more closer to home soon.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:14 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Just because you can't wheel doesn't mean you can't come out to a meet and great. In my mind a M&G is nothing more than a bike night. Its not meant to be an outing for riding (or wheeling in this case) but more of an opportunity for people with the same interests to get together, possibly make plans for a wheeling outting.

I will say Danette and I would be less likely to come to an event a few hours away just due to the fact that I travel for work and time home on weekends is at a premium and usually have a million things to do, but still try to go to the M&Gs as much as possible when they are close because I'm not loosing as much time.

As far as a daily driver, our 09 KK is the only vehicle that we have and other than driving down a dirt road I'm not sure how much "wheeling" we would consider doing at this time either, but just don't think it is a good enough reason to avoid a M&G, after all there is more "wheeling" going on on here that makes me want to go more than going to a M&G.

Just my thoughts on this, that is all.

and with the Digger, I think he should go on a tour.

2009 Liberty Sport 4x4
Sky Slider
Factory Tow Package
Super Expensive Gutter Screen Grill Inserts
24" of PPF on the front
Factory skids
AEM intake, Scanguage II
Skink Super Sliders, 3/8" Boiler Shims
Stops here for now....baby here!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:19 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

yellocoyote wrote:
I'm looking forward what others have to say about this... except Digger. :shock:
Digger, you're welcome to come crash our parties too... :goink: :wink:

Just stay outta this forum! :goink:

But seriously, regardless whether one wheels off-road or not, you're still part of LOST Illinois and should really make a point to come out and meet other's. Who knows, you may get some people to help you with a mod or mechanical issue sometime. The group is often working on many Jeeps at certain M&G's. Oh and as for you foreigner's, I agree with Jayme (yellocoyote) when she mentioned the time Boiler came out this past summer. We enjoyed getting to meet him, and were excited to see some of his products (which were pretty much prototypes at the time.

As for traveling, I would have been more than willing to make a trip into northwest Indiana (for example) with other's from LOST Illinois.

There are some cool people in the IL group, and I am willing to bet you'll enjoy yourself at a M&G - No matter the location.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:20 pm 
LOST Member

For me, it's the distance. I live 40 miles west of Springfield. So if any meetings were held in this area that would be great.

Plus the fact that I've been unemployed all summer has really put a dent in my socializing.

So for right now, the closer to me the better.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:35 am 
LOST Newbie

is it ok if i bring a friend.. he has a jeep..

Tints
Tires
Sounds
super sweet herculined rock rails
OTIS w. homelink
OME/RANCHO lift!!!
16x7 Black Rock wheels

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:04 am 
LOST Addict

I know for me it's mostly been life getting in the way. Meets always seem to be on crappy weekends =/

1986 CJ7
Lots of custom stuff...

Gone, But not Forgotten...
2003 Sport - 'Fire Engine' Red
Detours KJ Backbone
Skids
Boulder Bars
JBA 4.5 A Arms
245/75/16 Wrangler Duratracs's on Cragar Soft 8’s
Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers
Superwinch LP 8500
Frankenlifted

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:20 am 
KJ / JK Whatever
KJ / JK Whatever

for me it is just plain timing....
If something gets planned a bit more in advance,then it gets easier
I'd say set a day of the month and stick with it at the same location every time - something like every second saturday of the month at D&B - or something like that. This way everybody knows where it will be held and what day it falls into.
As far as M&Gs being held somewhere else once every quarterfor those that live out of the Chicagoland area, do the same thing. Set a date and stay with it.
It makes it easier for everyone to have a set day and place rather than scrambling to find a place for each one of the M&Gs.

my :2cents:

and BTW.... DonC....Glad to know you are still around and the Red KJ still alive - We got to hook up again soon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:39 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

I am like Digger here :lol: jump in once in a while but not a ILL memeber per se.
You have a lot of members right close in Chicago which makes it great, better than we do in Ohio , where we are spread out all over.
Several of the M&Gs/ Lift Partys we have people driving 2 to 3 hours to get there. ( I know I have done it several times) So thats why we try and move them around the state some.
I would like to come over sometime say if you had a meeting south side of Chicago ( where ever that is??? :wink: ) somewhere which maybe easier for others as well to attend from Indiana/ southern Ill.
Just a thought!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:43 pm 
LOST Addict

2003renegade wrote:
is it ok if i bring a friend.. he has a jeep..

They let me show up with Grumpy, if that's any indicator.

A vehicle isn't yours till you learn to wrench on it yourself.

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport (Eugene, I am the Passenger, And I ride and I ride.)
1999 Chev Astro 2WD (Green, Daily Driver)
1997 Chev Astro AWD (Grumpy "The Heep", $250 Rally Van, 335k miles, 2" lift, 31" tires)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:34 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tommudd wrote:
I am like Digger here :lol: jump in once in a while but not a ILL memeber per se.
You have a lot of members right close in Chicago which makes it great, better than we do in Ohio , where we are spread out all over.
Several of the M&Gs/ Lift Partys we have people driving 2 to 3 hours to get there. ( I know I have done it several times) So thats why we try and move them around the state some.
I would like to come over sometime say if you had a meeting south side of Chicago ( where ever that is??? :wink: ) somewhere which maybe easier for others as well to attend from Indiana/ southern Ill.
Just a thought!

And actually Tom, many of the towns in NW Indiana are closer to the city of Chicago than some of the Western & Northern Suburbs (of Chicago) in the state of Illinois. Matter of fact, a friend of mine is from Highland, IN and works in the Hancock Building located in the Chicago Loop (downtown). He says it takes him roughly 30 minutes to commute.

Point being, locations in NW Indiana would / should be very doable for those from IL.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:37 am 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

driving up to Toronto each year, takes me about 45 minutes to get to Gary, Indiana :D

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:30 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

STINGN wrote:
driving up to Toronto each year, takes me about 45 minutes to get to Gary, Indiana :D

At what speed?!? :seuss: You yung'un and your fast machines!

L.O.S.T. #DW090501

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:57 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

501 wrote:
STINGN wrote:

He's either speeding or driving down @ some ungodly early hour!!! :ROTFL:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:57 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

jeepfrog wrote:
501 wrote:
STINGN wrote:

He's either speeding or driving down @ some ungodly early hour!!! :ROTFL:

1996 LT4 Corvette :D :D but it only took 9 hours to Toronto

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:08 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I drove home from Chicago on I-94 one time doing the posted speed limit, man was that fun. I think I only passed one person that trip!!

L.O.S.T. #DW090501

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next