It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Improvements?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:44 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

thats when you yell CHICAGO, because we all drives like jerks haha

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:32 pm 
LOST Addict

Guys, this is really getting off topic - we're supposed to be talking about M&G improvements/getting more people together... not how fast people can drive :?

1986 CJ7
Lots of custom stuff...

Gone, But not Forgotten...
2003 Sport - 'Fire Engine' Red
Detours KJ Backbone
Skids
Boulder Bars
JBA 4.5 A Arms
245/75/16 Wrangler Duratracs's on Cragar Soft 8’s
Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers
Superwinch LP 8500
Frankenlifted

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:33 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

callaway wrote:
Guys, this is really getting off topic - we're supposed to be talking about M&G improvements/getting more people together... not how fast people can drive :?

Sorry Callaway!

L.O.S.T. #DW090501

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:56 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Jayme; Define venue that stays the same every month?

In addition - I'm wondering if the " regular majority" would prefer to have a M&G at Badlands and Cliff's once or twice a year, so that way those from IN & downstate IL could wheel with the group. Oh and even if one doesn't wheel, they could still come out and make a day of it.

Let me be specific to what I wrote earlier regarding traveling - It doesn't make much sense traveling long distances in order to cater to one person. At least make it a interesting location (if not a ORV Park, then a state forest or the like) in any chosen certain region. I'm thinking the clan from the Chicago / Northern IL region won't want to drive down to Springfield or deep into Indiana just to sit in a restaurant. I know I don't.

Last edited by oddball on Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:30 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Also - Regarding improvements, I'd like to see LOST IL become a legitimate club where the members get together for wheeling trips and such and not just a internet forum hang out. I realize it is the winter season here now but come spring more members of this "so-called club" really need to get out from behind their keypads and enjoy the Jeeps that brought them here. I don't know about the rest of you, but just being a member on a forum is not my idea of Jeep fun.

Think Spring! (sorry Jayme) :ROTFL:

EDIT:
oddball wrote:
I don't know about the rest of you,...

Scratch that. What I actually meant was I wish more of you (and I know I am not alone) felt the same way. :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:17 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I never suggested it was only a internet group. Obviously when a group goes out to a event, it's not a "internet only thing". What I DID write was that I wished this so-called group did more things away from the forum AS A GROUP. But it seems all this group has time to do is post stupid pictures on forum's. I understand some people have personal issues to deal with from time to time which make it difficult to attend longer trips and such.

Jayme you expressed disappointment to me with some who backed out of Nicolet. So you should completely understand where I was coming from.

My whole point was I want to go out and wheel more events this year. And as Jayme knows, I've been told if I want to get down & dirty, there is a club for me. Regardless of whether I wheel a Liberty or Wrangler.

In closing, I've met some good people here and enjoyed a few events. Good Luck here.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:26 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Just so we're ALL on the same page here - Jayme asks for opinions and suggestions from the group for M&G's and all some people want to do is reply to other topics. I've (and so has Vicki and I believe Steve) offered suggestions, and many times there chosen because other's don't answer the call or whine about choices for lame a** reasons. Not much of a active group if you ask me. I think it's someone's turn to add another Picture to the "War".

Later.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:20 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I hope I'm not misinterpreting your intentions Jayme & Jerry. It would be a shame to see you both go. That being said, here are my :2cents: :

I truly wish we could "commit" to more trail runs and outings. We have a really great time with the group. At this time however, I can't. My main concern/responsibility is my elderly mom. It's not that she can't be home by herself, but if something were to happen while we were gone, well - you know... So, I have to try to plan our trips around not only my work schedule, and our funds situation, but I have to make sure my sister won't be out of town at the same time.

And yes, unfortunately, life does like to throw you a curve ball from time to time. Hopefully this year will be a bit better.

I have really enjoyed and do appreciate all the help I've gotten with my Jeep over the last year. I am still trying to do a few mods - with full intention of using them! I don't want my Jeep to be just a "show-horse". Now that I got that out of the way, I will say that we will make an effort to get to at least one or two LOST-IL club runs this year.

I also don't really see a need for us to "get all formal" as you put it Jayme. We're not that big a group, nor are we a bunch of horse's arses about things either. Any one of us should be able to at least post, up or otherwise let the rest know, "Hey! We're going here on such & such day. Anybody want to join us???"

As I hinted at in an earlier post, Jan & I would be willing to travel 2-3hrs for M&G, lift party or other activity (including wheeling!). Jerry, I agree that the Badlands or Cliffs might be a good halfway point for some folks south of I-80.

OK - enough of my ramblings for now...let some one else chime in.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:31 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

yellocoyote wrote:
I don't fault you for finding something else more to your interest (especially now that you're looking in the the direction of a Wrangler for your trail rig)... that's why I've been floating around DDO for the better part of last year. They do things/have people that still make me question whether or not I should join, but I intend to bite the bullet and give it a shot this spring - so I'm sure I'll see you there. :D

Just remember, you know my feelings regarding the Nicolet area and I would like to do it again just the way we did this past year - regardless. Of course this year, I'll be game to wheel McCaslin Mtn. And who knows, maybe Matt will want to do it again too?

Btw; I am going to look at a Rubi Monday.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:37 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

jeepfrog wrote:
I hope I'm not misinterpreting your intentions Jayme & Jerry. It would be a shame to see you both go. That being said, here are my :2cents: :

I truly wish we could "commit" to more trail runs and outings. We have a really great time with the group. At this time however, I can't. My main concern/responsibility is my elderly mom. It's not that she can't be home by herself, but if something were to happen while we were gone, well - you know... So, I have to try to plan our trips around not only my work schedule, and our funds situation, but I have to make sure my sister won't be out of town at the same time.

Understood. Which is what I referred to when I wrote I understand some members (such as yourself & fancy pants) have personal issues that don't always allow either of you to attend events at times.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:01 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Also -

FWIW, to the best of my knowledge, Jayme isn't leaving. I'd submit she is simply interested in expanding her options regarding off-road events and such. But she can answer in detail for herself.

As for myself, although I realize LOST is not just about the Liberty, I've expressed interest in another club (DDO) and they've told me they would be happy to have me regardless of what model Jeep I want to wheel. Yes, that includes the KJ. So I am joining their club. As for LOST, this doesn't mean I don't like the group. LIke I mention previously, there are some good people here and I've enjoyed myself at a few events. None more than Nicolet with Jayme and Matt from DDO.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:13 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'd be remiss if I didn't include that I have decided to keep my KJ as a daily driver. With that said, I've decided to buy another Jeep to wheel "down & dirty" and in my case, a Rubicon is the vehicle of choice for me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:02 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

:POPCORN: Well, from reading all of this, I feel like I could be of more participation. I mean with me being 19, having a job and school, it is hard to goto all the meets and some wheeling trips (distance is the factor) I might not be able to make it to January's M&G due to money issues with school again, buying books sucks. But once February rolls around, I think my participation will increase a lot more, especially once the weather gets a lot better outside to start, like Jayme stated with the second sunday, to meet up somewhere, and maybe talk about a wheeling trip somewhere the following month if possible on a different date than a meet date or wrench fest.

Like Jerry said, that he is getting a Rubicon, I too am looking (JUST LOOKING) for another vehicle, and that would mean to trade the Liberty in. I am looking at a 4 door JK Sahara, Subaru WRX or a Toyota FJ...this all in mind is because I want to have a bigger vehicle interior wise, or a car for gas millage.

But don't count on any of that happening, I would rather SFA than trade the Liberty right now, but back on topic, I will increase my participation and would be willing once I get money to drive a bit farther to make it to these meets, and would like to see more people committed to wanting to show up on a day off to get as much people in the IL LOST group to meet up :)

Steve
:POPCORN:

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:12 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

and if anyone wants to have another one at my place when its nice out for another wrench fest, I would be more than glad to let one be at my place again :D

And Jerry, that means you can come with the Rubicon, my brother, dad and I know a thing or two on Rubicons...all we do is fix my brothers :ROTFL:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:56 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

STINGN wrote:
:POPCORN: Well, from reading all of this, I feel like I could be of more participation. I mean with me being 19, having a job and school, it is hard to goto all the meets and some wheeling trips (distance is the factor) I might not be able to make it to January's M&G due to money issues with school again, buying books sucks.

That's no excuse. Besides, don't you have a new girl friend now? :ROTFL:

STINGN wrote:
I too am looking (JUST LOOKING) for another vehicle, and that would mean to trade the Liberty in. I am looking at a 4 door JK Sahara, Subaru WRX or a Toyota FJ...this all in mind is because I want to have a bigger vehicle interior wise, or a car for gas millage.

I remember you & I talking about this. You know my choice would be the 4dr JK.

STINGN wrote:
Steve
:POPCORN:

Wait for it...

STINGN wrote:
and if anyone wants to have another one at my place when its nice out for another wrench fest, I would be more than glad to let one be at my place again :D

And Jerry, that means you can come with the Rubicon, my brother, dad and I know a thing or two on Rubicons...all we do is fix my brothers :ROTFL:

Well that doesn't sound promising. I mean one would have to think between the three of you, someone would eventually "get it right". :roll: :ROTFL:

FWIW, that M&G at your place was the best I experienced last year! :SOMBRERO:

Oh yeah - don't eat too much popcorn. You'll spoil your dinner. :jester:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:20 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

already spoiled my dinner with too much portillo's about 10 minutes ago :mrgreen: :jester: :pepper: :BANANA: :BANANA: :BANANA:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:54 pm 
LOST Member

Some input from a Central Illinois noob----
I just added the group to my facebook page today. Would really love to talk KJ isues in person with the group, but reality poses challenges that more easily overcome in an internet forum. Example---we bought our first Libby this summer, and fell in love with it. It is my daily commuting vehicle to a job in Spingfield. Our other car died, and we replaced it with a Rennie last week. As such, most of our time is taken up with 3 kids, improving the house, and making sure the bills get paid since we were greedy enough to snatch up a 2nd KJ when we saw a deal too good to skip. We'd love to go wheeling in our KJ's, but seriously----they are our [i]daily driving cars.[i] It's much easier to read up online about issues & suggestions than it would be to find a sitter & go to an M&G dinner over 3 hours away. Believe me, we really WANT to do the M&G's and go wheeling, but it's just not reality for us. Hence the forum. We can live vicariously through others and see things that might be a possibility for us down the road, just not right now. I think the forum is a wonderful tool, and I have learned A LOT from reading here. However, I don't think it's really fair to ask for M&Gs to be moved further downstate for someone like us. I'd love to go, don't get me wrong, but it's more likely than not that we wouldn't be able to go even if there were an M&G in our area.

"Never hit a man with glasses. Hit him with a baseball bat."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:19 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

understood, but we are saying the spontaneous M&G more down south, and it would really only be a go if we had a few more people going down there rather than one or two KJ's...the M&G are just to say hi, look at the KJ's, have a few S&G with eachother and talk about wheeling trips for us who want to do them

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:08 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

haulin5 - As for LOST, it's a good forum for learning all about the KJ. Don't be afraid to ask questions, even if you think they're stupid. Someone will usually take the time to reply with a answer. Enjoy yourself here.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:01 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

to me this tread reads as if it has created more animosity than anything in an effort to cater to one person. Its impossible and to me it makes me feel like becasue I'm not going on trail trips that I am the problem here, granted this is just my view point.

I'm pretty sure DDO didn't start over night and isn't what it is today in less than a year. I know I just joined LOST last year but it is my understanding that all the regional forums are a newer thing.

If IL LOST has something planned and it is the same people attending all the time, why complain, this thread was started to gain input from those that aren't seen much and once again it has turned into the same people that are usually at events that are doing all the talking, just saying what I see.

2009 Liberty Sport 4x4
Sky Slider
Factory Tow Package
Super Expensive Gutter Screen Grill Inserts
24" of PPF on the front
Factory skids
AEM intake, Scanguage II
Skink Super Sliders, 3/8" Boiler Shims
Stops here for now....baby here!!!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next