It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Improvements?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:30 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

It's not entirely about you.

As for those doing all the talking, shouldn't be a surprise. Those same people (me) are the only people who take the time to submit suggestions and not whine about it when M&G locations are decided upon. I'm not implying I am the only one who offers suggestions however I am making it clear that MY issue here is because when Jayme asks for suggestions, it always seems it's the same people who come up with idea's. Not being able to make a event is one thing - but some of us get tired being the only members who offer suggestions. Not to mention (again) whining about the choices made. If people want to attend, great. If not, that's fine too.

And as for DDO, it is a legitimate 4x4 club with annual dues which has many members who attend monthly meetings and off-road events. And yes, it is growing because of the people involved. That's key. What it is NOT, is a internet forum where the members care more about posting off topic chit instead of active participation in the group they supposedly belong to.

I could go on here but F it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:38 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

yellocoyote wrote:

That's still the intent of this thread.

This being said I really feel as if quite a bit of chatter that has accoured here could quite possibly do the opposite. And I guess that was my point with my post yesterday.

This place started as a forum where one could do just about everything you are talking about with the lack of performance not hiding behind a computer screen, thats what just about every forum is, alot of people hiding behind a screen and a keyboard.

I think Jayme wants to change that and actually make Lost Jeeps Illinois more of a DDO type orginization and it will take some poeple stepping up, so far Jayme has and untimately would like a little more support, but not getting it. Yes could one say I'm being hipocritical, absolutly, but I'm not volunteering because I'm not going to suggest things or help organize them when, one I have no idea if I'll be around because of my job, and 2. I'm not going off roading anytime soon.

Granted a big factor is the lack of off roading local to the Chicago area and you would think that with the clubs that are in the area someone would be able to organize something. Hell even dirt bike riders have an indoor park to ride at now. ( not saying its an option for Jeeps)

2009 Liberty Sport 4x4
Sky Slider
Factory Tow Package
Super Expensive Gutter Screen Grill Inserts
24" of PPF on the front
Factory skids
AEM intake, Scanguage II
Skink Super Sliders, 3/8" Boiler Shims
Stops here for now....baby here!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:02 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

wingnuts wrote:
This place started as a forum where one could do just about everything you are talking about with the lack of performance not hiding behind a computer screen, thats what just about every forum is, alot of people hiding behind a screen and a keyboard.

I disagree with the term hiding behind a computer screen in this case. Just because one utilizes a forum doesn't mean they're hiding.

It's pretty clear what Jayme (and other's) have been trying to do and I commend them. HOWEVER - It is obvious LOST IL will never be anything but a forum group. There are currently 25 listed members here in IL. Although I'd argue 24, since "ihatemybike" doesn't actually drive a Jeep. callaway started the current role call roster in March 09. Two members made the trip to Nicolet this past fall. Seven or eight made the multi-lift party at Steve's. The same two or three submit suggestions whenever Jayme asks. Complaining? - No. Just proving my point this group will be nothing more than a internet community. Or as you would elude to, a group of people "hiding".

Sure I'd like to see it change. But all indications tell me it won't anytime soon. Which is why I decided to join a club with active members who want to off-road. Which btw never seems to run into issues regarding the lack of places to wheel.

So let the intention of this thread carry on. See you around.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:48 am 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

regarding the fact that people back in and out of events kinda makes me upset, i usually say maybe because of the fact of money tightness in the winter months, otherwise, im there...next year nicolet is doable, the gf wants to go camping

also, the fact that DDO has a paying membership year round kinda sucks :/

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:56 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Actually it doesn't suck if you take the time to realize what they offer members. For example they hold their monthly meetings at the same restaurant / bar and don't pay menu prices. They held their Christmas party there too. From what I've read on their site and been told by a member, it was a great time! It's only $30.00 / yr and it benefits the members as a club. They do a lot of stuff together as a club.

Plus you get a new t-shirt, decal and other stuff too! :pepper:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3