All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Will you go and see "Snakes on a Plane"
Heck yes! 20%  20%  [ 9 ]
No... are you serious?!? 80%  80%  [ 35 ]
Total votes : 44
 Post subject: SNAKES on a PLANE!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:18 am 
LOST Member

I was wondering if anyone was going to bring this movie subject up, I searched but have yet to find anything on it. So if you'd like to comment on the new Samuel L. Jackson movie "Snakes on a Plane" please speak up...

A few of my friends and I recently took a canoe/camping trip and one of my friends brought this subject up, I was surprised that he and I were the only two of seven people on the trip to know about this movie. We did our best to explain this movie to everyone but they all thought it was some big joke, I felt the exact same way when I first heard about it as well.

IIRC I was watching Best Week Ever on VH1 a month back or so when this was brought up, I cannot remember any time recently when I laughed so hard. Seriously the concept of this movie is so ridiculous at the very least, their promos for the movie are absolutely hilarious as well. I've seen a few Sam L. Jackson interviews concerning the movie and I am under the impression that he just did this for a paycheck as he seems like he could give a care less about making a decent flick anymore...

That all being said, my crew is going to be taking a trip to the drive-in theatre to see this thing soon. I'm sure we'll be the drunk, loud, annoying bunch of A-holes who will be laughing themselves to death and disturbing all the hardcore moviegoers :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:18 pm 
Lifetime Member! LIBERTY OR DEATH
Lifetime Member!  LIBERTY OR DEATH

Hadn't heard of it until just today. Sounds a bit odd for a movie premise, but you never know...we might accidentally rent it when it hits the rental shelves.

Oh, I had to edit my post and say, I can't vote because there's not a "only if drunk or really bored".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:01 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

That's funny...I just had a conversation about this movie w/ a friend of mine this past weekend. He'd never even heard of it and wanted to know what it was about. :shock:

My reply: It's Sam Jackson with snakes on a plane!! WHAT MORE PREMISE DO YOU NEED!! :P :P 8) 8) :P :P 8) 8) :P :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:33 pm 
LOST Junkie

The song from it that they've been playing on Sirius actually isnt too bad. However, the previews made me laugh. I thought it was a new Scary Movie coming out, which kinda disappoiinted me when it wasnt. I can't believe Samuel Jackson agreed to that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:27 pm 
LOST Member

desertkj wrote:
I can't believe Samuel Jackson agreed to that.

I don't find it hard to believe, his career has gone bust at this point :wink:

After how horrible he was in the Star Wars PT he's just looking for anyone who will pay him to do anything. Google "Samuel Jackson Snakes Interview" or something along those lines as the interviews he has done about taking this role are probably about as hilarious and ridiculous as the movie itself is going to be :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:32 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Blatent Hijacking...so Hero, you like the Pens??? I grew up in PGH loving them, and going to games all the time esp. during their stanley cup runs. Now a days it's all about fighting on who is going to win the bid for a new arena and get the slots (gambling) license...I've been to one game in the past 4 years or so...it's sad...

LOST#NL068123 - 2005 Renegade 3.7L 4x4, Off-Road Package, Rock Rails, Skids, Command-Trac, Trac-Loc LSD, Light Bar, K&N Drop in Filter, AMSOIL LUBES, RRO's Diff Guard for 8.25", Frankenlift, & Goodyear MT/R's
Cardomain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:16 am 
LOST Member

Guyute1210 wrote:
Blatent Hijacking...so Hero, you like the Pens??? I grew up in PGH loving them, and going to games all the time esp. during their stanley cup runs. Now a days it's all about fighting on who is going to win the bid for a new arena and get the slots (gambling) license...I've been to one game in the past 4 years or so...it's sad...

Man, this is a "Snakes on a Plane" thread... hijacking is irrelevant! :lol:

I'm originally from a podunk farm town in Illinois in an area which is devoid of hockey. I started watching the sport when I was 6 or so, right when Mario Lemieux was beginning to emerge. I was never a Gretzky fan, it was just such an experience getting to watch Mario play! Plus I had an uncle in the Pittsburgh area who pretty much force fed me the Pens, seeing as how my parents let him know I was interested in hockey and the NHL. A few years later they won back-to-back cups and I was totally sold, I was the ONLY kid in my area wearing numerous hockey jerseys in school and I to this day still am one of the only people in my area that plays and knows anything about hockey ;)

So F yeah! I love the Pens, being a goalie myself you can't not love Marc-Andre Fleury... yes I'm a total fanboy as well... I have all Sport Gold gear :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:06 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

hell yeah i will go and watch it just to see if it is as bad as anaconda was

aussie KJ Lost No#150605
3" OME lift + Rancho RS9000xl's front and rear
prototype Airflow snorkel
Magnaflow cat back
265/70R16 Hankook MTRT03 on MOABS baby
4.10's and a truetrac up front
super skinks
coming soon
a myride wireless controller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:43 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ahahaha!!!

I was just talking about this at lunch today. All the guys thought I was crazy..They could not believe that premise ' Snakes on a plane" Can't get any better! I said hey "Samual" has done worse movies... Remember the smart shark movie..... Deep Blue Sea... With LL Cool J and that bird... They were all like " Uh.. no.." ... Guess they are not big fans...

What about Pulp Fiction ...

Jules says:

http://www.saunalahti.fi/frog1/wavs/fonzie.wav

Classic!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:19 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Originally I figured this movie would be ridiculous, but it was actually surprisingly better than I thought. It has an 8.0 on IMDB and a B on Yahoo Movies. I actually found it refreshing and less predictable in comparison to many other action films.