Would purchase but would have to wait more than a year 20%  20%  [ 13 ]
Interested but unsure if I would purchase it 22%  22%  [ 14 ]
Not interested at all 11%  11%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 65
 Post subject: Superlift
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:33 pm 
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...

I know I'm probably opening a can of worms here so mods, feel free to either move this or delete it as you see fit. That said, I was wondering how many people would actually buy a 4" Lift from Superlift and how much we'd be willing to spend. Here's the assumptions: imagine a thoroughly trail tested, reliable, complete, 4" lift capable of fitting 33's (or even 35's like on the Liberator) without self-destructing. This would include all the bracketry and everything else needed to fit a Quadra-Drive front differential but would not include the differential itself. Also assume the lift is released as of 1 January 2007. Would you be able to/ be willing to purchase this lift in the first year of production?

Keep in mind, I am in no way connected to Superlift. I am just a guy that is doing some unofficial market research on my own that may or may not get forwarded To Superlift sometime in the future.

'08 105th Anniversary H-D Dyna Low Rider
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior

Last edited by KW AV8R on Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:32 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I just want to run 33's and willing to pay for it!I'd rather have a solid axle but would stick with IFS if it wouldn't blow the front diff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:09 pm 
I live here
I live here

Well, it would take some time to save that much money up for the lift. I'd do $2000 for it. I also would want more age on my KJ so it is closer to being paid off and have that "It's still too new" feel to wear off. :lol:

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:52 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I voted for the "would purchase but would defintely wait a year" choice...That being said my KJ is still new being that it is a 2006...I already have a the RRO spacer lift (i think, upon further investigation with bootsers husband it might be possible i have the Rockfather I, but unsure) on it so I have already done something extreme to it...But also that being said I'd have to spend that year saving up for it and maybe longer, but I could see spending about $1.25+K for a 4" lift...

AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.
Southern L.O.S.T. # 236487

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:15 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

If I could run 33s or 35 I'd swap out my Frankenlift and give it a try the soon after they release it.

02 Red Libby w/Frankenlift, Full armor incl AllJ stuff, 245 MTRs on Cragars, ARB locker, custom rack, K&N FIPK, 8000lb winch, RE rear LCAs, Optima Yellow Top, RL Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper
98 TJ w/5.5" RE Long arm lift, ARB front/rear, 35x12.5, Borla, Warn winch, Teralow, etc., etc..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:03 pm 
LOST Newbie

Just an idea being tossed out!!
We have a brand new(800miles) 06 limited that is just screamin for this lift and along with my friends at AEM Brute Force, and a few more friends in the industry we could put together a "Feature Vehicle" for SEMA, Offroad Expo, Offroad Impact (there are a lot of companies that want there goods on a SEMA vehicle, I get the news letter). AEM has used my RAM 2500 in the past and wanted it for Impact last year but I couldn't get it there in the short notice Lawson gave me. He said they want it for Expo in Oct. but I am sure they would use a built KJ or he can use the RAM and you use the KJ. IF YOU CAN GET ONE OUT THAT SOON??

Chuck Pfleeger
AZCPP@aol.com
(928)-524-3645

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:16 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

Really not looking for a trailer queen. Looking for a durable off road solution with good on road manners.

02 Red Libby w/Frankenlift, Full armor incl AllJ stuff, 245 MTRs on Cragars, ARB locker, custom rack, K&N FIPK, 8000lb winch, RE rear LCAs, Optima Yellow Top, RL Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper
98 TJ w/5.5" RE Long arm lift, ARB front/rear, 35x12.5, Borla, Warn winch, Teralow, etc., etc..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:31 pm 
LOST Newbie

If you are directing that to me, you are mistaken sir!!!! That is why AEM likes to use my truck, because I use it! and can provide real world input at the display. Come on up to N. AZ. we'll go for a ride and I will show you how much of a trailer queen I have. Just because it sets in a display a couple times doesn't mean it is worthless.....

Chuck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:40 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

My apologies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:46 pm 
LOST Newbie

Oh, one more thing, That brand new KJ has rock rash on it already (wife's art work) got it at 500 miles. Really, I wouldn't buy anything that I wouldn't use. We don't own cars, what good is a car when you live in the desert....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:17 am 
LOST Newbie

I threw my hat in on the "would spend up to $2000"...

I am not shy about spending some $ on a product that has tried, tested and community approved... That is the reason I am considering the Frankenlift next spring...
My KJ is only a couple months old hence the "next spring" part... :D That and its as soon as I could convince my wife we can afford it! :lol:

A couple hundred people may be a niche market but with a solid product the $$ invested would be returned...

Just my $0.03....

- KJ eXpeditionary Group : Founding Member
- Southern Ontario (S.O.) L.O.S.T
- CarDomain #2347285

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:08 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

OAOKJ 2 wrote:
Just an idea being tossed out!!
We have a brand new(800miles) 06 limited that is just screamin for this lift and along with my friends at AEM Brute Force, and a few more friends in the industry we could put together a "Feature Vehicle" for SEMA, Offroad Expo, Offroad Impact (there are a lot of companies that want there goods on a SEMA vehicle, I get the news letter). AEM has used my RAM 2500 in the past and wanted it for Impact last year but I couldn't get it there in the short notice Lawson gave me. He said they want it for Expo in Oct. but I am sure they would use a built KJ or he can use the RAM and you use the KJ. IF YOU CAN GET ONE OUT THAT SOON??

Chuck Pfleeger
AZCPP@aol.com
(928)-524-3645

Hey they can borrow mine, I am just about done with my 5.5 lift, and I am riding on 33!

Al

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:54 pm 
LOST Addict

I wouldn't buy a lift from Superlift simply because they have been stringing people along for a long time now. I'm simply fed up with the company.

I would much rather give my money to guys who are actually doing something positive and tangible for the KJ world, like All-J, Rock Lizards and Jeepin Al. I can't see getting excited at any vaporware product that may or may not be in production, may or may not be in design stage, may or may not be available real soon now. All this stifling bureaucracy is .. well .. stifling.

Why do anything with a company that, for all intent and purposes, appear to be sitting on their collective a$$es?

<getting off soapbox now>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:00 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

dirtykj wrote:
I can't see getting excited at any vaporware product that may or may not be in production, may or may not be in design stage, may or may not be available real soon now. All this stifling bureaucracy is .. well .. stifling.
This comment from a guy in the computer industry. ROFL. :-)r

Why do anything with a company that, for all intent and purposes, appear to be sitting on their collective a$$es?
Because there are so few lifts out there and none really that'll support 33" tires on a KJ. And Superlift has a great reputation for IFS lifts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:05 pm 
LOST Addict

lilmatty wrote:
This comment from a guy in the computer industry. ROFL. :-)r

Heh :wink:

In defense of our products, we actually have them out there in the field. You are probably using them right now without even realizing it. You can find our products in:

Palm Pilots, WinCE handhelds, Nintendo DS, cell phones, Tom Tom, Garmins, routers, set-top boxes, hard disks, hearing aids ...

lilmatty wrote:
Because there are so few lifts out there and none really that'll support 33" tires on a KJ. And Superlift has a great reputation for IFS lifts.[/color]

Well, Jeepin Al has a 5" lift that he is pounding on right now. That appears to have some promise, right? At this point it looks to me like Jeepin Al's design has a better chance of becoming a product than Superlift's kit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:27 am 
LOST Member

Ditto on Dirty KJ.

If SL came out with one I certainly would not buy it until I knew others had wheeled it hard for several years with no problems. They've shown no commitment to the KJ and they've just been blowing smoke for too long. If there were any problems with the kit I'm sure they would show the same level of commitment to fixing the kit. It would become just another KJ fantasy lying on the scrap heap.

I'd have a lot more respect for them if they simply said there was insufficient sales potential and they would consider building something when there was a sustainable market.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:39 pm 
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...

I talked to them last night about this. They told me that they had been following this thread and are working on something now (though this does sound somewhat familiar :roll: ). However, there are 5 other trucks they are working on for SEMA which have first priority and that the KJ kit would not be released until at least the first of the year. I guess we'll just have to see how this develops.

I did find it funny that the guy I talked to said he had asked out club president to start this poll. I guess I have impecable timing since I did this on my own. :?

OH-58D Kiowa Warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:51 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

KW AV8R wrote:
I talked to them last night about this. They told me that they had been following this thread and are working on something now (though this does sound somewhat familiar :roll: ). However, there are 5 other trucks they are working on for SEMA which have first priority and that the KJ kit would not be released until at least the first of the year. I guess we'll just have to see how this develops.

I did find it funny that the guy I talked to said he had asked out club president to start this poll. I guess I have impecable timing since I did this on my own. :?

Clarifying: He asked the NorCal club President to start a poll and I told him that a poll had been started and gave him the URL.

I had basically written him and whined about not having their lift yet and the need to get some 33's under my rig. I told him I wheel mine pretty hard and am willing to be one of the first.

I urge you guys to not beat on Superlift so hard. After all no one else is coming out with taller lifts either. As far as IFS lifts go there's no one with more experience and credibility.[/u]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:34 pm 
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...

Matt, I retract any insinuations I may have made in my earlier post since I guess I do have impecable timing. :) I'm really not trying to beat on Superlift too much since this is a product I really look forward to purchasing. IMO, Superlift has an unparalled reputation when it comes to IFS lifts. I was just thinking that if they heard enough feedback about this product and had some more market data that it may get pushed up on thier priority list.

OH-58D Kiowa Warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:41 pm 
IF the lift's out by Jan 2007, I'd be interested in buying it during the first year of production. I'm looking at trading in my KJ in the first quarter of the year (partially because of the fact that there's just not a whole lot available for it, and that's kinda annoying, and I've also been thinking about buying *gasp* A CAR) on either a TK Wrangler 4 door, or a Toyota FJ Cruiser.

I'm also interested if EVERYTHING is included with the kit, which being Superlift, it would.

It's also disappointing that i haven't really done anything Jeep-related but look at the forum once a month this year and this is still a hotbutton issue.