It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Paint options
Should I wait to Line X 55%  55%  [ 12 ]
Powder Coat 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
Rattle Can 32%  32%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 22
 Post subject: Need everyones two cents ????
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:37 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Well Since I have dropped about 5K in upgrades to the KJ, Lift, Armor, Bumpers, labor etc.. I was wondering what everyones thought was, as far as color/paint options for the bumpers. And its really not in the budget right now to do the whole Line X thing as far as the lower half of the KJ, as well as the bumpers. Its my understanding that the TR bumper comes with a flat black powder coating already. If I do rattle can the TR Bumper, do I have to scrape it off or just spray over it?

other mods coming soon...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:35 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

If you are going to Line X later I would just wait and do it all then, see how the bumpers look you can always rattle can it for now to make it match and then just sand it down a little before you Line X it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:05 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

well my KJ is white. so I don't know what I wanna do exactly yet. I was maybe thinking of doing a dark grey Line-X on the lower half and dark grey the bumpers, I dunno yet :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:54 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

0311_DoC wrote:
well my KJ is white. so I don't know what I wanna do exactly yet. I was maybe thinking of doing a dark grey Line-X on the lower half and dark grey the bumpers, I dunno yet :roll:

in that case, use the spray paint to live with the color and make sure you like it. then line-x later... (or powder coat)

2002 Patriot Blue KJ - Coming soon!
2006 Black LJ (Wrangler Unlimited), auto, custom skids, 3.5" Rubicon Express, Aussie D30, Rocker Guards & Cooper AT3 235x85r16
2009 Patriot Blue D2500, 5.7L Hemi, 4x4, Quad Cab
1967 Alberg 37' Masthead rigged Sloop

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:15 am 

white changes everything.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:19 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tommudd wrote:
white changes everything.....

exactly....thats why im trying get some ideas or thoughts from you all... I really dont know if i want the cop car look :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:20 am 
LOST Newbie

paint them or powdercoat them white...

245/70/16 A/T TIRES
MOPAR FACTORY SUB SOON!!!!

Post subject: Funny You Should Ask
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:58 am 
LOST Addict

On Friday while driving around Denver Job hunting while driving through the southern section of Denver I notices a shop with a Big Signe declairing LINE- X. (Note to self stop in on your way back...) So on my way back I stoped in asked one of the workers where do I get a price quote to which the guy cleaning up the paper masking as the finished the truck he was working on, he point to a short flight of stair and said "NO HABLA Englesh" unquote so I venturer up the stairs went on in thinking if I have to fall back on my old high school spanish, he might as well speak Viet Namese. Luckily he was American (I remember more Viet then Spanish). I asked what he would charge to LINE-X all 4 fenders,both bumpers and both sides from the belt line down under the rocker panels. After a little speal on the advantages of LINE-X over the competitor (Rhino Liner) and he said don't even mention the DIY stuff in the cans you buy at Home Depot, He finally gave a price of $1540.00 to $1625.00 I thanked him and wondered where can I stop and clean my pants out. If you all can get a better price please sound off this next week I will be job hunting in an area that has I Rhino Liner Shop. I will be back with a report. In the mean time (Note to Self Wear Adult Diapers Before I Ask For Another Quote) You will get another report soon. :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject: Re: Funny You Should Ask
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:32 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Rush345 wrote:
On Friday while driving around Denver Job hunting while driving through the southern section of Denver I notices a shop with a Big Signe declairing LINE- X. (Note to self stop in on your way back...) So on my way back I stoped in asked one of the workers where do I get a price quote to which the guy cleaning up the paper masking as the finished the truck he was working on, he point to a short flight of stair and said "NO HABLA Englesh" unquote so I venturer up the stairs went on in thinking if I have to fall back on my old high school spanish, he might as well speak Viet Namese. Luckily he was American (I remember more Viet then Spanish). I asked what he would charge to LINE-X all 4 fenders,both bumpers and both sides from the belt line down under the rocker panels. After a little speal on the advantages of LINE-X over the competitor (Rhino Liner) and he said don't even mention the DIY stuff in the cans you buy at Home Depot, He finally gave a price of $1540.00 to $1625.00 I thanked him and wondered where can I stop and clean my pants out. If you all can get a better price please sound off this next week I will be job hunting in an area that has I Rhino Liner Shop. I will be back with a report. In the mean time (Note to Self Wear Adult Diapers Before I Ask For Another Quote) You will get another report soon. :twisted: :twisted:

:shock: :shock: Wow!! I was quoted a whole lot cheaper here. My lil brother had his whole 1970 Chevy truck done, for less than that. I was quoted between 400 and 500 for the fenders and lower half and 1 bumper. I guess i will wait and see as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:58 pm 
I live here
I live here

Red white and blue your KJ (bumpers and flares) with paint. Could look tacky though. Add patriotic flag streamers/flags body stickers to the side panels to counter and balance its look.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:42 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Tokyojoe wrote:
Red white and blue your KJ (bumpers and flares) with paint. Could look tacky though. Add patriotic flag streamers/flags body stickers to the side panels to counter and balance its look.

That would be sweet.I had a white TJ a couple years ago and my bumpers and acc. were done in just red kind of a blood red i guess and it looked sweet wish i would have kept it oh well kids come first. :D

rockkrawler wheels
EHM/SEGR almost, freeflow exhaust 5"hole
custom cross rails
SC ROCKSTAR (the first)
Life changes with kids,make sure it is for the best.