Stole it, not giving it back 6%  6%  [ 8 ]
Leased, then purchased 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Leasing 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 127
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:16 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

A relative conned me into taking it off his hands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:52 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I was driving a 2003 Mazda Protege 5 fully loaded, my favorite CAR yet. Anyways, I had some brake issue and the garage screwed me over, brakes failed one day and I rear ended a F150. Totaled the car. So I took my insurance check and bought a KJ. I loved the KJ since I saw it back in 01, and after the wreck, I wanted something that I could "feel" safer.

Post subject: Re: How did you get your KJ/KK?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:12 pm 
LOST Addict

I always admired Jeeps and the whole "jeep thing" I test drove a used XJ once but didn't buy it, I had an issue with the deal and the dealer. My Aunt had a Grand Wagoneer that was pretty cool. but I some how stayed away from Jeeps and had a Dodge as my first car, a few Fords then only Jap cars, an Isuzu, a Nissan Maxima, a Honda Prelude Si, a Subaru Legacy then an Outback. I was looking and still am looking for a small used camper. what I found was the the outback couldn't ever tow much. So I started reserching other options. but I want decent fuel economy too. I was told about the Liberty CRD so I looked into that and was liking what I seen. Since I liked the look of the Liberty and the size it was an easy fit. I drove a few and work up some numbers at a few places. in the end I bought the first one I drove. it was the most loaded. and had the highest asking price. it was over a week later when I got it from the test drive. they kept calling me and making offers. I was in Carlisle looking at a silver one that I liked and it was a fair deal but didn't have all the things I wanted. The first dealer called me with one last offer and I considered buying the silver one and adding all the stuff or buying my Green one that had it all and more. well you can see which came out to be the better deal.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:58 pm 
LOST Junkie

Why can't I vote on any polls?

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/
http://www.jeepcommander.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:49 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Bought mine used last September from Rainbow C/D/J in Covington, LA. It was a total accident. (I prefer to think it was ordained by Him) We had just had Hurricane Gustav rip through south LA, and my mother-in-law brought her Mazda MX-3 (my old, first car, actually) to the first shop to re-open for something, where they proceeded to disassemble the intake then tell her it needed a new head gasket. I had been wanting a diesel for some time, and had heard about the Liberty CRD, but was familiar with the torque converter issues and plus the price was too high when I was shopping in May 2006.

I had been considering ordering a new 2009 TDI Sportwagen from Volkswagen, but on a whim, I went on Autotrader and up popped this CRD about 90 miles from my house with 44K miles for $11,995. (Other places had them listed for ~$17K) Thinking to give my mother-in-law my Pathfinder and get a new vehicle (just considering, mind you) I called the dealer, got someone in sales on the phone, and asked "What's wrong with it?" He said nothing was wrong with it, they had just listed it that morning and had 3 calls already from as far away as New York. He said their web listing service (a subcontractor, apparently) had listed it wrong. It only had 24K miles and should have been listed for $17K, but they would honor the price for one day only. I called my wife, talked her into it, then called the dealer and told them I would be there that evening. It turned out to genuinely be "old-lady owned" previously.

At 9:00 am I was only sorta considering a new Sportwagen TDI. at 7:00 pm I was the owner of a new (to me) Liberty CRD.

2006 Deep Beryl Green CRD Sport *SOLD 1/22/12*
Provent, V6 Airbox, Fumoto, Samcos, GDE ECO & TCM Tune, Euro JK TC, Magnaflow Catback
245/70/16 Destination A/T's
Boiler's Radiator Skid Plate
Jeepin' By Al 2.5 inch Adjust-A-Strut Lift, JBA Gen 4.5 UCA's (6/5/10)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:01 am 
LOST Addict

Wow you got a great deal Linewarbr, even one of the best if not the best color too.