Good or Bad Dealership Experience
Good 78%  78%  [ 40 ]
Bad 22%  22%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 51
 Post subject: Dealership Kudos
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:43 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Just wanted to throw a positive thread out about the dealership here in Southaven. I know usually dealerships rip you off. But the head honcho there has been great. Didn't give me any warranty trouble over the lift. We have even had Jeff's CJ in there for little stuff and the prices are real reasonable. Every now and then you find a good one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:50 am 
LOST Addict

My dealership has given me nothing but ___insert word here____! It took them 10 hours to do a state inspection. They second guess everything I say when I have problems and then when they find I was right, they say that I didnt say it clear enough. I only go in to them to have warantee work done or something Im not comfortable with doing yet.

Mid-Atlantic & Carolina LOST #236236
2006 TJ Solar Yellow Rubicon
Lockers, Springs, Skids, Headers, Snorkel,
Exhaust Work, 4.5 Long Arm, Warn M8000
315/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers Moab's/SpiderTrax, 6000k HID, IPF H4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:23 am 
LOST Junkie

Uvalax, you couldn't have hit the nail on the head any straighter...I have the same issues...they act they know it all and because I may not be a certified mechanic I therefore have no idea what I'm talking about....then when I come out right "Oh well you didn't explain it enough".....irritating. :wink:

-2007 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon.

Overland Expeditions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:09 am 
Lifetime Member! LIBERTY OR DEATH
Lifetime Member!  LIBERTY OR DEATH

I need an "Indifferent" button on this one. They haven't made me angry...yet. But I've read between the lines of their comments and I see them treating me differently as soon as I'm not a "new" Jeep owner. But my warranty transfers to any Jeep dealer, so I'll go somewhere else if they do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:14 am 
LOST Member

The dealership I go to has been great. Unfortunatley its not the Jeep dealer, its the local Dodge/Chrysler dealership. The Jeep Dealer is also a Chevy and Buick dealer, I have had prevous Chevy's and my Wife's Buick in to there for service and it was horrible, very bad quality and bad customer service. I knew this before I bought the Jeep but they had the jeep I wanted and I got a great price, the purchase was OK, much better than the service department. I had already decided to go to the dodge dealer since I have had good experience with them in the past and they know way more about the Diesel that the Jeep Dealer's service department, even thought they work on the Chevy Diesels.

2005 CRD Limited 4x4 - Deep Beryl Green - Selec-Trac
Trac-Lok - Skid Plates - BFG Radial Long Trail TA's- Rotella T 5W40 Synthetic.

2007 GC CRD Limited. Silver.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:48 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Up here in the Northwest I've had great experience with all three dealerships I've gone to for my Jeep! They are all off-road friendly and always compliment me on how my Renegade looks! :D

L.O.S.T. Lifetime Member #0802
Borla Dual Exhaust, Sound system, Street Scene Grill
Peanut-Butter Mag Lite Mod, EVIC Install, K&N Air Filter
Custom Cactus Green Interior
Bridgestone A/T Revo Tires

Post subject: Poor Salesperson Knowledge.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:42 am 
When you call a dealership looking for a Light Khaki Jeep and the salesperson says "they don't come in that color," you know your in for a bad experience. 8)

I had to drive north out of Indianapolis all the way to Kokomo, IN to find a dealer that knew what they were talking about. Kudos to H.E. McGonigal and Chris Belt up in Kokomo, IN! :P

Post subject: Re: Poor Salesperson Knowledge.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:45 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

alljeep wrote:
When you call a dealership looking for a Light Khaki Jeep and the salesperson says "they don't come in that color," you know your in for a bad experience. 8)

Its always interesting when you go vehicle shopping and you know more than the guy who is trying his bestest (yea I said it) to get you to buy! Sometimes it fun toying with them...

"so ummm how many bolts does that thing have in it?"

Yea, I'm going to vehicle-hell, I know... haha

L.O.S.T. Lifetime Member #0802
Borla Dual Exhaust, Sound system, Street Scene Grill
Peanut-Butter Mag Lite Mod, EVIC Install, K&N Air Filter
Custom Cactus Green Interior
Bridgestone A/T Revo Tires

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:56 am 
LOST Member

No service here yet. Buying expirence was great though. I called the dealership and told them what I was looking for and they had it, Wentdown to look at it and made offer. They refused offer then I went to another dealership and they took offer. First Dealership here in Town. 2ed was Smith-Stokes in Reidsville NC about 30 miles down the road. They only had 1 and it had more options than the one here in town. And price was better. Smith-Stokes also does Dodge,Chevy,and GMC so they have ex. with diesel. It has been 3 weeks and they have called 3 or 4 times to check on how we like the Libby.

Kudos to Smith-Stokes Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep-Cadillac-Chevy-Buick And Salesman Robert Ladd.

The only problem that I found was the NC State posters hanging around. HAHA :lol:
Go Tarheels :-)r

LOST #-169388
'79 CJ-5
32x11.50x15
304 V8

'08 Chevorlet HHR
Victory Red
Stock for now.

Post subject: Both good and bad
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:19 am 
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...

I wish there was a choice for both good and bad. The dealership I bought my KJ from (Tim Whitehead Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep in Enterprise, AL) was horrible. I had no end to the troubles until I moved to Colorado. Lithia Jeep in Colorado Springs, CO was also a very bad experience. I had suspension problems stemming from the lift that was installed by the AL dealership and they refused to even work on it. So then I went to The Faricy Boys in Colorado Springs and they hooked me up. They fixed the problem with my suspension and charged the AL dealership for the work. The service manager is also a KJ owner and always makes a point to ask me what I've done to mine since the last time I was in. I have yet to hit him up about joining Lost but that should happen in the first couple weeks I'm home. They've never balked at any issues I've had and they've been timely and competant. I tend to go elsewhere for routine service work because the prices tend to be a little cheaper than the dealership but if money wasn't an issue, I'd go to The Faricy Boys for everything.

'08 105th Anniversary H-D Dyna Low Rider
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:58 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Let me say first that my salesman was probably the best person I have ever bought a car from... I went to Foley's 5 Star Jeep/Chrysler, Gibsonia (Pittsburgh), PA, and my sales person was Sam Pantone...I called him up (Wednesday) and told him exactly what i wanted, and two day's later (Friday), he called me and said he found it...on Saturday I went and picked it up...Even though I knew more than he did, he was super nice, and when I walked out of there, I felt that I had left with a great deal.

As far as Service, I use a different Jeep dealership (Ellis D/C/J not 5star, Emlenton, PA) that is closer to my house, and I tell them the issue, and they say ok, and fix it...they never second guess me (well at least to my face), and have not had any problems with them either.

LOST#NL068123 - 2005 Renegade 3.7L 4x4, Off-Road Package, Rock Rails, Skids, Command-Trac, Trac-Loc LSD, Light Bar, K&N Drop in Filter, AMSOIL LUBES, RRO's Diff Guard for 8.25", Frankenlift, & Goodyear MT/R's
Cardomain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:33 pm 
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint

The poll really doesn't fit this...

Service all depends on where you go. The Jeep place in Warrensburg Mo was awesome to me, but the one in Sedalia Where I bought it sucked for service!!!

Here in CO Springs, I got to Second Pete... Faricy is Awesome, I always come out of the parts dept with at least 1 or 2 of the sales guys looking all around and under her (then I honk the horn on the key Fob :twisted: ) Then when in the service, they listen to what I say, look at that first and if wrong oh well, their mentality seems to be that if I am right, it saves them time hunting for it = Money! Never met the SM, but he has probably seen it in there once or twice...

Their Sales guys were even interested and shocked when they saw the LOST sticker on her and then in the Liberty brochure!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:02 pm 
LOST Newbie

alljeep wrote:

I had to drive north out of Indianapolis all the way to Kokomo, IN to find a dealer that knew what they were talking about. Kudos to H.E. McGonigal and Chris Belt up in Kokomo, IN! :P

must have been Champion ..lol......Did you try Kalo up in Noblesville? they seem a bit snooty. but the parts guys really work with ya.
I got mine up in Anderson, IN. (Payton Wells Chy,Dodge,Jeep). They seem to do light work ok, But they really screwed up the Lightbar install. Driveing home it came off :evil: and was dangleing by the wire harness. They drilled holes thrugh the head liner and scrached the crap out of the "A" piller BOTH OF THEM. and gouged the paint down to the primer on the roof. :evil:
The Service Maniger said that he will REPLACE the headliner and both "A" pllers and have the roof repainted. Also refund my money for the Lightbar install and give me free service for the life of the warrenty.....we'll see :?
Skymech

Mopar light bar, full skid plates
BDS 2" Lift
In the works :roof rack, and lots more!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:18 pm 
Skymech wrote:
alljeep wrote:

must have been Champion ..lol......Did you try Kalo up in Noblesville? they seem a bit snooty. but the parts guys really work with ya.
I got mine up in Anderson, IN. (Payton Wells Chy,Dodge,Jeep). They seem to do light work ok, But they really screwed up the Lightbar install. Driveing home it came off :evil: and was dangleing by the wire harness. They drilled holes thrugh the head liner and scrached the crap out of the "A" piller BOTH OF THEM. and gouged the paint down to the primer on the roof. :evil:
The Service Maniger said that he will REPLACE the headliner and both "A" pllers and have the roof repainted. Also refund my money for the Lightbar install and give me free service for the life of the warrenty.....we'll see :?
Skymech

Champion let me overnight test drive while most others would not, but they are clueless as to their own vehicles and would not deal at all. The '05 Black CRD from mid year is still on their lot, even though I told them about my deal in Kokomo and same offer in Muncie - they could care less.

But the paint color incident was actually Hare Chrysler Jeep.

Did you just get your lift installed yesterday at Trucks In Action? I talked with them about lifting my Libby and they said they put a 2" BDS lift on one yesterday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:42 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Bought mine from Pacific Coast Chrysler Jeep in Santa Cruz and everything went really well. Excellent experience for me buying my first new vehicle. Service there is good as is the service from Falore Jeep in Sunnyvale (but I think they're closed now)

Mine is normally service at Marty Franich Chrsyler Jeep Dodge in Watsonville, and the Mopar mods I have are from them. I had the run around once with a service manager, but haven't seen her there since. I'm totally happy with everything and everyone else there. Well worth their 5 stars. Thinking about adding a Compass to the family from them when they come out.

03 Freedom with some neat stuff done to it that I learned about here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:54 pm 
LOST Newbie

Kudos for Laurel Auto Group in Johnstown, PA!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:34 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

my local dealership guy's are the best especialy the owner, & they give full support of our L.O.S.T. Northeast Region :D

04 COLUMBIA ED. & 04 SPORT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:48 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I have to give great kudos to Rick Hendrick Chyrsler Jeep in North Charleston, South Carolina.. Not only did the treat us great before and after the sale.. They also treated me great when I had warrenty work done on my YJ and I didn't even buy it from them... Their service is top notch...

Ben

Post subject: Good up to a point
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:01 pm 
LOST Newbie

I baught my 02 sport off the used lot at faricy Bros.
The sale was great and they did repairs fast.
But as I looked ino my KJ I found things like the air filter all but dead and
will need brakes soon. I know it's used but I have baught my share of cars and trucks
and the used ones have baught have been preped ( new fluids, fiters and detailed ) Not here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:43 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Taz wrote:
The dealership I go to has been great. Unfortunatley its not the Jeep dealer, its the local Dodge/Chrysler dealership. The Jeep Dealer is also a Chevy and Buick dealer, I have had prevous Chevy's and my Wife's Buick in to there for service and it was horrible, very bad quality and bad customer service. I knew this before I bought the Jeep but they had the jeep I wanted and I got a great price, the purchase was OK, much better than the service department. I had already decided to go to the dodge dealer since I have had good experience with them in the past and they know way more about the Diesel that the Jeep Dealer's service department, even thought they work on the Chevy Diesels.

Taz-I assume that you are talking about Stillwater Motors-I and my father have had great luck there with service (only warranty work which dealers hate the most). In fact I got an oil change gift certificate there from my mother, I brought it in and the lube tech started talking to me about it (lift, tires, bedliner, etc) which got 4 mechanics and a service manager in on it. They have never given me a hard time (I am 19 and many dealerships try to pull BS on me). I got a great price and I got my work done fairly quickly (they had to replace a BCM under warranty and a power steering pump).

255/70/R16 Fleet Farm All Terrain (yes they work)
Class 3 hitch
Hellas
Police Scanner/CB radio
LOST #: JH061986