Rear cargo bay tool cabinet
AllJs Rear Shelf
Rear receiver
250k miles!
LOST #CR051230

Post subject: Re: Master page for all year Liberty recalls
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:53 am 
LOST Junkie

My engineer was saying that our rear control arm recall has been extended to 06 and 07.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:59 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ChooChooman74 wrote:
My engineer was saying that our rear control arm recall has been extended to 06 and 07.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

That's what I heard on the news.

Mopar Tubular Brush Guard
Garmin GPS V & Laptop w/Nav software
RAM products laptop mount
Maglite w/mount
AllJs Rear Shelf
Rear receiver
250k miles!
LOST #CR051230

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:25 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ChooChooman74 wrote:
If this is true, this makes me happy.

4.10s sitting in a box - 3

Sold-1988 Suzuki Samurai
2002 Jeep TJ

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

It is true, and thank you for posting this!!! I just spent $1,100 on my rear control arm issue's in the past 3 weeks. After seeing your post, I called the dealership and parts that have not yet been installed are being returned, reciept for work already done is being sent to Chrysler Canada and my jeep is headed in for some recall work.

Next I get to sort out WTF is knocking in the front suspension!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:24 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Lara wrote:
It is true, and thank you for posting this!!! I just spent $1,100 on my rear control arm issue's in the past 3 weeks. After seeing your post, I called the dealership and parts that have not yet been installed are being returned, reciept for work already done is being sent to Chrysler Canada and my jeep is headed in for some recall work.

Check your bushings!

Mopar Tubular Brush Guard
Garmin GPS V & Laptop w/Nav software
RAM products laptop mount
Maglite w/mount
AllJs Rear Shelf
Rear receiver
250k miles!
LOST #CR051230

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:25 pm 
LOST Junkie

Lara wrote:

Do tell. Did they say it applied to all provinces in Canada? It was only for certain states in the US.

Provent @ 43,000 km
SEGR in progress
SAMCO Sport hoses @ 48500 km
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac LT225/75R16

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:50 pm 
LOST Newbie

It's been a while since I've been on here... As far as I know the recall affects all provinces in Canada, I just run my vin every few months.

I just replaced all the front upper and lower control arm bushings. The knock is still there, every time there is a shift in weight. but the bushing definitely helped tighten things up. There was a lot of movement. Next we are trying to swap the front passenger strut because it seems to be coming from the passenger side more.

Next, the front wheel bearings are being replaced because they are now howling!! If I knew this vehicle would cause me so much grief I never would have bought it! Oh! And Chrysler refused to reimburse me for the rear control arm work that I did only weeks before the recall was announced.

I do love my liberty when its not having major issues, but there has been one thing after another after another and its not worth it anymore! If every light wasn't on on my dash I would have sold it by now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:21 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

infernicus wrote:
ChooChooman74 wrote:
If this is true, this makes me happy.

Got my 07's done for free, other than the dealer knocking my exhaust loose at the exhaust pipe connection. They don't cover their own stupid mechanics. Just can't wait to take it in for the tranny flush, filter and fill. Taking bets on what they mess up :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:58 am 
LOST Newbie

Cacher123 wrote:
Lara wrote:

Check your bushings!

ALL bushings have been replaced, ALL control arms have been replaced, ball joints have been replaced... 4 different mechanics have completely gone over my liberty and no one can figure out where the knocking is coming from... it is getting worse and worse and seems to be coming from the front passenger side more than anywhere but you can feel it in the floor of the entire front of the vehicle, with every bump, turn, acceleration or deceleration.

PS - Chrysler Canada are a bunch of pricks, they refused to reimburse all the recall work that was replaced only weeks prior to the recall.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:42 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Lara wrote:
Cacher123 wrote:
Lara wrote:

Check your bushings!

ALL bushings have been replaced, ALL control arms have been replaced, ball joints have been replaced... 4 different mechanics have completely gone over my liberty and no one can figure out where the knocking is coming from... it is getting worse and worse and seems to be coming from the front passenger side more than anywhere but you can feel it in the floor of the entire front of the vehicle, with every bump, turn, acceleration or deceleration.

PS - Chrysler Canada are a bunch of pricks, they refused to reimburse all the recall work that was replaced only weeks prior to the recall.

Has anyone replaced the shocks up front? They may have been put together wrong and or missing some pieces along with maybe being bad themselves. Just a thought.

Post subject: Master page for all year Liberty recalls
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:58 pm 
LOST Newbie

2004 Jeep Liberty recalls

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:02 pm 
LOST Newbie

anyone heard anything new about the gas tank recall?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:02 am 
LOST Newbie

I received my safety recall notice in the mail yesterday about the gas tank. The proposed fix is to install an OEM trailer hitch. It says this is just a notice and that the parts are not yet available and another notice will be sent out. Then contact your closest Chrysler, Jeep, or Dodge deal to have it installed.

LOST #: 076991

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:05 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I just got my notice today. :( I already have a hitch plus the rack I built. Better than what they can give me.

OME, Rancho, RRO A arms, RRO roof rails w/ diy cross bars, Dual XHD7714 with Pyle speakers, drop in K&N air filter with home made CAI, 8k smittybilt winch , Sears Platinum P1, in cab winch control, 100w Optilux lights, 7" e-code Hella headlights,245/75-16C Duratracs. DIY rockrails, DIY rear double deck cargo rack.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:12 pm 
LOST Member

I had already installed a Trailer Hitch years ago and brought my KJ into a Dealership to be inspected for the Gas Tank Recall. They did the inspection and said my hitch covers the recall but refused to reimburse me for the price of my hitch.
So, I phoned my Congressperson and was sent a form to investigate. I was viewing my local nightly news broadcast when the Consumer Investigation Reporter was doing a story and decided to contact her about the Liberty Gas Tank Safety Recall.
She emailed me back the next day and then phoned her contact person at Chrysler in Detroit. The next day I had a call from the contact asking where I wanted him to send the check.
I did get the check covering the price of the hitch.
A week later, my Congressperson's office phoned asking about doing the investigation I had requested. I told them my Consumer Reporter at the local News Station had already taken action.
Lesson learned; Bad Publicity is a stronger motivator than Government compliance threats.
:2cents:

2005 Sport, Light Khaki, manual trans 6 speed, front spacer lift, tinted glass, tow hooks, ProComp black rock crawler rims, Toyo AT tires, K+ N filter charger, Magnaflow muffler, Bilstein shocks, Daystar sway bar bushings, skid plates, trailer hitch, fogs, 50 watt back up bulbs, Sylvania plus headlights, Thule rack and SiriusX Satellite radio.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:42 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
Woah.
Pity the person that first refused compensation.
We all know what flows downhill..
With government and media involvement, that's some serious head pressure in that pipeline.
And if they told you "Yes" at first, they would probably get called on the carpet for that as well.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:14 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Liberty for All wrote:
I had already installed a Trailer Hitch years ago and brought my KJ into a Dealership to be inspected for the Gas Tank Recall. They did the inspection and said my hitch covers the recall but refused to reimburse me for the price of my hitch.
So, I phoned my Congressperson and was sent a form to investigate. I was viewing my local nightly news broadcast when the Consumer Investigation Reporter was doing a story and decided to contact her about the Liberty Gas Tank Safety Recall.
She emailed me back the next day and then phoned her contact person at Chrysler in Detroit. The next day I had a call from the contact asking where I wanted him to send the check.
I did get the check covering the price of the hitch.
A week later, my Congressperson's office phoned asking about doing the investigation I had requested. I told them my Consumer Reporter at the local News Station had already taken action.
Lesson learned; Bad Publicity is a stronger motivator than Government compliance threats.
:2cents:

I made the post right before you on January 4, 2014! By any chance do you have a contact number or email for FCA? I got around to taking my Liberty into the dealer less than a month ago. I moved to Illinois from Vegas so they sent a rear control arm recall notice to me. I had them check the gastank recall while they had my Jeep. It never occurred to me to ask for compensation. Thanks in advance!

OME, Rancho, RRO A arms, RRO roof rails w/ diy cross bars, Dual XHD7714 with Pyle speakers, drop in K&N air filter with home made CAI, 8k smittybilt winch , Sears Platinum P1, in cab winch control, 100w Optilux lights, 7" e-code Hella headlights,245/75-16C Duratracs. DIY rockrails, DIY rear double deck cargo rack.