It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Traction Control and ABS (ESP/BAS) RECALL COMING Feb 2007
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:15 pm 
LOST Newbie

Chrysler recalls 62,369 vehicles to reprogram brake system computers :shock:

The Associated Press
Posted December 23, 2006, 10:07 AM EST

WASHINGTON -- DaimlerChrysler AG's Chrysler Group said Friday it was recalling more than 60,000 vehicles to reprogram a brake system computer to avoid the loss of antilock brakes and traction control.

The recall involves 62,369 model year 2007 Chrysler Sebring, Chrysler 300, Jeep Commander, Jeep Compass, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Jeep Liberty, Jeep Wrangler, Dodge Nitro, Dodge Magnum, Dodge Charger and Dodge Caliber vehicles. :oops:

The automaker said that in a small number of vehicles, the instrument panel warning lamps might illuminate and be followed by the loss of its Electronic Brake Distribution, antilock brake system, traction control and speedometer functions. That could lead to a loss of vehicle control.

DaimlerChrysler said no accidents or injuries have been reported. :)

Owners are expected to be notified of the recall in February 2007. The automaker said owners who experience the warning lamp illumination should take their vehicle to a dealer for inspection.

No accidents or injuries have been reported and owners are expected to be notified next month.

- Reese Pilot brake controller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:13 am 
LOST Newbie

Yep, that one is for me. At least once a week i get my ESP dtm light coming on randomly and once it happend on the highway tring to make an emergency stop. NO ABS! NO ESP! Had to jump the curb onto the grass slowing down from 65. GREAT FUN :shock: I love Chrysler! Dealer told me they could not reproduce the problem so too bad. This is my second KJ, the first one lived at the dealer for 3 months because of engine managment failures. Could not get it inspected. Engine had dtcs for running too rich on both banks. dealers and chrysler engineering's solutions as follows. 7 pcm reflashes, 2 trans reflashes, 4 SETS of O2 sensores, new O2 wiring, new TB, new IAT sensor, New Map Sensor, 2 New ECUs, Engine bay wiring harness, left and right cylinder heads, yes that last one was my favorit! I was an ASE cert mechanic for some time, this was just halarious, aside from the fact that i had to drive an 06 galant loaner, luckily i baught the Jeep from the Mitsu dealer my girl worked at so they had to give me the loaner free of charge. PS, its been 6 months now and the mitsu dealer still has my 05 KJ still with DTCs, can't sell it and Chrysler won't buy it under the lemon law or Magnusund Moss Act. HAHAHAHAHA I love Chrysler! :lol:

Post subject: Saftey Recal F50 received my notice today
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:27 pm 
LOST Newbie

The recall states “ The software programmed into the ABS control module on your vehicle may cause the rear breaks to lockup during certain breaking conditions. This could result in a loss of vehicle control and cause a crash without warning.”

Looks like I will be going to the dealer soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:18 pm 
LOST Newbie

thats maybe whats causing the ESP BIAS to light up on my libby. I wonder if the ESP can override that ABS lock-up and cause the NO-BRAKE problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:23 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

In my opinion ESP and ABS are for soccer mom's that never learned how to drive,glad I don't have to worry about that junk going bad on mine(cause I don't have ether).Pull the fuses and be done with it,you'll love the KJ better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:29 pm 
LOST Addict

tjkj2002 wrote:
In my opinion ESP and ABS are for soccer mom's that never learned how to drive,glad I don't have to worry about that junk going bad on mine(cause I don't have ether).Pull the fuses and be done with it,you'll love the KJ better.

I used to think the same thing and still dont feel like I NEED ESP ABS etc... But the ESP system can do more things with power and braking than you could ever dream of doing with two hands and two feet. (try braking one front wheel while sending more torque to the other...aint gonna happen) So I say keep it hooked up especially for the daily drive. Still it is no replacement for good driving skills and common sense.

06 CRD Sport
Built 5/11/06
Jeep Green
Rocklizard diff cover
V6 Airbox