PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:11 am 
LOST Newbie

Has there been a new recall issued for the LBJ problem :?:

Post subject: Re: New Recall???
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:31 pm 
LOST Addict

marc9976 wrote:
Has there been a new recall issued for the LBJ problem :?:

Not sure what you mean by new??? DC recalled virtually every Liberty built for LBJ's this past Fall. So if you have an older KJ that was recalled a few years back for LBJ's this is a "new" recall.

Thankful to now be an EX-CRD owner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:45 pm 
LOST Newbie

By new, i mean since the fall. I had mine done back in Aug/Sep. I started hearing a slight knocking noise recently, checked my LBJ's and they have a bunch of slop in them already! And my Dealer wants to charge me $100 to look at it...Sounds like I'll be purchasing a set of Moog's and spending sometime with my Libby when it warms up a bit...What's the part # for greasable Moogs again???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:49 pm 
LOST Addict

marc9976 wrote:
By new, i mean since the fall. I had mine done back in Aug/Sep. I started hearing a slight knocking noise recently, checked my LBJ's and they have a bunch of slop in them already! And my Dealer wants to charge me $100 to look at it...Sounds like I'll be purchasing a set of Moog's and spending sometime with my Libby when it warms up a bit...What's the part # for greasable Moogs again???

You mean like the slop & lane wander I'm starting to feel on my new & improved set installed in October? This is set #3 for me, which is BS. IIRC Moog #3199, visually check for grease fittings as the same part # is used for both types.

Is yours new enough to still be covered under the 3/36? Safety inspection should be free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:54 am 
LOST Newbie

Nope, just turned 70,000. No lane wander yet, just noise. It is TOTAL BS! This will be the third set for my libby too! Hopefully with greasable lowers and Al's uppers, I shouldn't have too much more trouble... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:22 am 
LOST Addict

marc9976 wrote:
Nope, just turned 70,000. No lane wander yet, just noise. It is TOTAL BS! This will be the third set for my libby too! Hopefully with greasable lowers and Al's uppers, I shouldn't have too much more trouble... :roll:

Sad, this is set #3 and just turning 23K miles. Run through way too much road salt to run a dry joint that is under constant stress load. You have the right idea, Moog it and put an end to the problem. I would do the same if it weren't for the warranty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:28 am 
LOST Junkie

marc9976 wrote:

I don't think dealers had the new parts until October. Are you sure you got the "new"/redesigned LBJs? I couldn't get mine done until mid-November, a month before I received the card in the mail.

I'm curious: Can you describe the noise? When do you hear it? I can't tell if my noise is sway bar or ball joints. My sounds are more like little "groans." I hear them when I pull away from a stop (always driver side first, then passenger side about 1 second later). I also hear it when driving over small bumps, like the rounded curb at the end of my driveway. The noise comes both with the wheels straight and turned.

General Tire Grabber AT2 245/70R16

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

First of all, if the LBJs are suspect there should be no charge. There was a recall. The parts are out of spec again. The recall has to cover this for the life of the vehicle. If the give you grief go to another dlr or give the area rep a call. Might want to mention to the dlr that a little bad press on this board won't be good for his csr base either.

Mopar Tubular Brush Guard
Garmin GPS V & Laptop w/Nav software
RAM products laptop mount
Maglite w/mount
Rear cargo bay tool cabinet
AllJs Rear Shelf
Rear receiver
250k miles!
LOST #CR051230

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:17 pm 
LOST Newbie

'm curious: Can you describe the noise? When do you hear it? I can't tell if my noise is sway bar or ball joints. My sounds are more like little "groans."

The noise is not little groans. More like a rattling when going over small bumps and cracks, that is usually the uppers. The lowers only seem to be noticable when the wheel drops suddenly, like coming off a curb or hitting a pothole. If offroad and a front wheel is suspended, they both kinda sound like hammers smacking together!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:00 pm 
LOST Member

I received a second notice for the ball joint recall. Funny thing is it my VIN doesn't show it as being needed on jeep.com and I have the paperwork from the dealer when it was done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:25 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I just got Recall notification code F23 (LBJs) in the mail today. Already planned on putting Moogs in later this month though so I guess it's a moot point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:15 am 
LOST Newbie

So I just got my KJ two weeks ago and none of the recalls had been taken care of. Had appointment today to fix all three recalls but once I got there they said they ran out of LBJ's and had to order a set. But I read that if you had already done the work yourself they would "reimburse" you. I am wondering if I have my mechanic put in Moog's will they reimburse me for that? Or do I have to have stock parts put in for them to reimburse me?