It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 4:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fog light switch
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:54 pm 
LOST Member

I have an 05 Renegade, and sometimes the fog lights wont go on when i pull the switch, (the light doesnt go on on the dash either). I took it to the dealer and they said everything was OK, and didnt need to fix or replace anything. It seems like it happened on very humid days, but I dont remember.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:47 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

This might sound stupid, but the Fog lights only come on after putting at least the parking lights on, and they dont come on when the high beams are on. Do you have at least the parking lights on when exhibiting this behavior?

LOST#NL068123 - 2005 Renegade 3.7L 4x4, Off-Road Package, Rock Rails, Skids, Command-Trac, Trac-Loc LSD, Light Bar, K&N Drop in Filter, AMSOIL LUBES, RRO's Diff Guard for 8.25", Frankenlift, & Goodyear MT/R's
Cardomain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:41 pm 
LOST Member

Yes, the high beams were off, and the parking/headlights were on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:31 pm 
LOST Newbie

I also have an '05 Renegade and haven't noticed any trouble with the fog lights, but have had 2 or 3 occasions where the headlights didn't turn off even though the switch was off. I haven't been able to duplicate it, but if you turn the headlight switch back on and then off again they will go out - you don't need to reinsert the key. I almost think it has something to do with turning the key too far back when shutting the engine off into the accessory power position and then back forward to the key removal position while the lights are on, but am not sure.

Is this some type of undocumented "feature" that I'm accidentally activating or has anyone experienced something similar?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:47 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

wvliberty wrote:
I also have an '05 Renegade and haven't noticed any trouble with the fog lights, but have had 2 or 3 occasions where the headlights didn't turn off even though the switch was off. I haven't been able to duplicate it, but if you turn the headlight switch back on and then off again they will go out - you don't need to reinsert the key. I almost think it has something to do with turning the key too far back when shutting the engine off into the accessory power position and then back forward to the key removal position while the lights are on, but am not sure.

Is this some type of undocumented "feature" that I'm accidentally activating or has anyone experienced something similar?

If you shut the jeep off with the headlights on, they will stay on for IIRC 1 minute. This is a feature, so you can see walking up to your house if you park in your driveway.

LOST#NL068123 - 2005 Renegade 3.7L 4x4, Off-Road Package, Rock Rails, Skids, Command-Trac, Trac-Loc LSD, Light Bar, K&N Drop in Filter, AMSOIL LUBES, RRO's Diff Guard for 8.25", Frankenlift, & Goodyear MT/R's
Cardomain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:06 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks for the info! I thought there might be some type of electrical problem.