It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: More on Cylinder 5 misfire code, they found out .....
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:48 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Finally after the 3rd attempt to rectify my cylinder 5 misfire code,
1st time, they told me it's old code, cleared it, no worries..
2nd time, sold me some Chevron Techron, stating carbon buildup, then cleared light, came back on, did a full upper engine cleaning.. still have the problem.
3rd time.. My truck is in the shop, they get authorization to tear my engine apart to research the problem. Showed them this forum thread with some other KJ owners having the same problem,
They were like.. uh-oh !! Others having problems can't be good.. But Chrysler was not showing a tsb for my problem.

So, they find a cracked cylinder head on drivers side, replace the head, and all new parts, get it all buttoned up, truck is not running right.. So back to tearing it apart, they find the passenger side head is having problems with bad valve guides/seats.. so now another new head is going on. So they may have the truck another week..

I'm not sure i trust the vehicle now, i don't want to give up on it but we shall see once i get it back. The dealership is aware i may claim it under the Lemon Law.. can they blame me?

This is their first KJ they've seen like this... how has everyone else's problems been resolved? or are you stlll having problems. ?

Thanks for reading..
[/list]

Pics here: http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o318/ctr97tj/
Wish list: 2.5 inch lift, bigger tires and more aggressive tires. Custom rock sliders. That's it for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:49 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

read this thread

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... hp?t=19363

04 COLUMBIA ED. & 04 SPORT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:35 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thanks Racinfan..
I think we're dealing w/ two different animals here.. but sucks it happened to NHLIBERTY..

If my Renny issues aren't rectified.. it's going back under the lemon law.. and the dealership is already aware of it, so we shall see.
Two new heads, new valves, new upper parts one can only hope..

I am at the point I don't trust my ride either, I trust my 97 TJ w/ higher mileage more.. lol.

I'll keep the forum posted, but I did use this forum as ammunition at the dealership, think it made them cringe when they knew there were others out there like me having the same issues..

Pics here: http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o318/ctr97tj/
Wish list: 2.5 inch lift, bigger tires and more aggressive tires. Custom rock sliders. That's it for now.