It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: question on first gear minor slipping?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:06 am 
LOST Newbie

hi, well i have a 04 kj renny, it was just in for a senor (can't remember what kind) and had to have 2 coil packs and a tune up done. everything was going very well but now i have a slight slipping in first gear when you come to a complete stop for 10-15 sec. then step on the gas it slip just alittle then kicks in and the tires peerles (sp?) out alittle (it was also in the rain so i don't know what it does on dry payment) a couple guys told me they think its because i need my tranny fliuld changed? it has like 48 or49k on it and i know it is alittle dirty red looking? has anyone else had this problem and is it the fluild needing changed causeing it? 2 guys at work has a dodge truck and thats how they know it needs to be changed ? i was wondering if anyone has had this to happen to them? so please give me your imput please and sory for some spelling ? thanks mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:57 pm 
LOST Member

that could be it, possibly the friction agents in the fluid have broken down to the point where it provides too much lubtication and the clutch packs can't grab ahold real well until they get enough of the fluid out from between the discs to allow the friction material to grab hold. It would be worst in first gea because of the gear ratio, I think it's easier to slip in first than it is in 4th or 5th.

Or your fluid could be low. I've seen it happen that if the tranny fluid is low it will slip because there isn't enough pressure to allow everything to work right.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2935427

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:58 pm 
LOST Junkie

coil packs already?

255/65/16 yokohama Geolander A/T-S
Tow hooks
Flowmaster super 44