It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:02 pm 
LOST Member

i had the lbj recall done allready.... and now im starting to notcie after about 5 or 6 thousand miles that my alignment is starting to get a bit off and my tires are going bald on the outside edge.... any help? im really pissed because they are new tires (hoosier at's that i managed to find) and the tred on the front is almost gone now.

coming soon: Corbeau Moab seats, JBA 6"lift

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:36 am 
Most dealerships don't align after front end work unless they charge you. I'd take it in and witch up a storm and get it for free. Enough bitching and moaning will get you just about anything for free:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:18 pm 
LOST Member

aparently you havnt been to holiday automotive in fond du lac. I have yet to find a person there that know anything about what they sell or service..... i asked about throwing the electronic disco from the rubi on my rene and they look at me like i just dropped a loaf on the counter. Anyway do i have to take it back to the same dealership to get it done or can i got to a different dealership. In appleton theres a smaller jeep dealership; best one in the state; if i take it there i dont really want to piss them of because they have been more than helpfull with my technical issues so far. Does DC pay for the repair an reimburse the dealership or does the dealership take the hit on it? If DC does it all than ill try and hit um up for new tires because the hoosiers i have on there have been discontinued for a while and cant be replaced with a new set.

coming soon: Corbeau Moab seats, JBA 6"lift

Post subject: I have had mine done twice in less then a year
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:50 pm 
LOST Addict

Last year when I purchased my used '02 Sport 4x4 after 2 repairs done with in the first week for problems> I took my Liberty to my local independent shop that is 5 STAR certified and had him gto through my Jeep and convert everything to AMSOIL. He Found the rear differentual shot ,rebuilt it warranty, found the front rotors were warped, trued them up and sent them to another dealership for LBJ's. 9 months later I get a phone call from a dealer asking me to bring my Jeep in for LBJ's warranty replacement. I proceeded to call my indepentent 5 STAR shop and asked if they had heard of anything, he said it sounded like a fishing expedition, take it in for the LBJ's and if they said anything else bring it back to him to check things out. The Dealer did the LBJ's said I needed tires an alignment and a couple minor leaks fixed. So I went back to my 5 STAR place , he said go here for new tires and get an alignment as far as the minor leaks he said "Don't worry about it don't waste my money just keep an eye on it. I'll be going back to him in the next week and have him look. 3 times a charm :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:18 pm 
LOST Member

C co Crusader 2/127 wrote:
aparently you havnt been to holiday automotive in fond du lac. I have yet to find a person there that know anything about what they sell or service..... i asked about throwing the electronic disco from the rubi on my rene and they look at me like i just dropped a loaf on the counter. Anyway do i have to take it back to the same dealership to get it done or can i got to a different dealership. In appleton theres a smaller jeep dealership; best one in the state; if i take it there i dont really want to piss them of because they have been more than helpfull with my technical issues so far. Does DC pay for the repair an reimburse the dealership or does the dealership take the hit on it? If DC does it all than ill try and hit um up for new tires because the hoosiers i have on there have been discontinued for a while and cant be replaced with a new set.

what jeep dealer in Appleton? Kolosso? I don't know much about them

I like Chrysler world in Abrams myself, of course I have a CRD so I like the fact they have Dodges and diesel techs.

the Warranty is thru Chrysler ... I would go wherever you feel confortable.

Skink super sliders

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12