It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: My recall work is delayed by the Dealer :evil:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:53 am 
LOST Newbie

Last night I had my Libby towed into the dealer with a blown water pump. This morning I called to find out when they would get to it for the repair (its still under warranty). So I asked about the ball joint recall, the service manager told me that they would put me on a list to schedule the recall work for sometime in November or December as there was over 40 people that needed the recall done. The reason for the long wait was blamed on Jeep only providing 3 sets of ball joints a week. Fortunately my ball joints are still in good shape however I think this is a lot of liability if someone was to have an accident while being on the "List".

Tow Package,Tow Hooks,
Engine Skid
Mudd Flaps
235/70/16 Bridgestone Dueler Revo A/T's
Tekonsha Voyager Brake cntlr
Whelen Dash King Single Strobe w/ Custom windshield mount.

IF YOU MUST RUN AWAY; DO SO QUIETLY, SCREAMING LOOKS BAD ON THE NEWS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:10 am 
LOST Addict

Do not take a chance, try different dealers, you are not bound to the dealer you bought your jeep from.
Heck, make a trip to NY if you have to, and get it done. Try asking Jeep for reimbursment for your gas, if it is a long trip.
I didn't even wait for the letter, printed it from the web and went there. Good Luck.

Post subject: Non-Factory Ball Joints...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:19 am 
LOST Newbie

I have heard of people going ahead and replacing the ball joints with commercial ball joints and then getting reimbursed from D/C.
Now that it's an official recall and D/C can't get parts out fast enough I wonder if you could still get reimbursed?

LOST KJ Number # 000374

Post subject: They were replaced
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:21 am 
LOST Newbie

Well I got good news when I the dealer called me to tell me my jeep was done, they miraculously found a set of ball joints for my jeep. They claimed that there was no signs of premature wear of the old ball joints however when driving it feels different. Luckily the repair of the water pump only cost the $100 deductible under the 7-70,000 power train warranty, now if I can only figure out why water pumps always seem to fail on me I’ll be set, I know its not due to lack of maintenance, the jeep only has 35000 miles on it.

Tow Package,Tow Hooks,
Engine Skid
Mudd Flaps
235/70/16 Bridgestone Dueler Revo A/T's
Tekonsha Voyager Brake cntlr
Whelen Dash King Single Strobe w/ Custom windshield mount.

IF YOU MUST RUN AWAY; DO SO QUIETLY, SCREAMING LOOKS BAD ON THE NEWS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:42 am 
I live here
I live here

There's a deductible with a warranty?

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:31 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Tokyojoe wrote:
There's a deductible with a warranty?

YES there is :evil: after your 36,000 the deductible kicks in,I'm coverd till 100,000 but if it goes in it's $100 also says that on my credit card thing they give you

04 COLUMBIA ED. & 04 SPORT

Post subject: Re: My recall work is delayed by the Dealer :evil:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:40 pm 
LOST Newbie

ump107 wrote:
Last night I had my Libby towed into the dealer with a blown water pump. This morning I called to find out when they would get to it for the repair (its still under warranty). So I asked about the ball joint recall, the service manager told me that they would put me on a list to schedule the recall work for sometime in November or December as there was over 40 people that needed the recall done. The reason for the long wait was blamed on Jeep only providing 3 sets of ball joints a week. Fortunately my ball joints are still in good shape however I think this is a lot of liability if someone was to have an accident while being on the "List".

This sounds like a variation of my experience. Took my wifes '05 in for rear end noise on 10-10 (bearings; I'll post that elsewhere-BS from dealer). He said he also would take care of "the recall on the ball joints". I wasn't aware of one. We never got a letter. I read in another post that this recall came out a couple years ago. I gather from other comments and my own recent experience that they are still using crappy joints!? I guess they just keep throwing ball joints at us until they are all used up? I haven't looked yet to see if they did 2 or 4. I will this weekend. Car has 28k.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:36 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I purchased the K-3199 Moog ball joints months ago from RockAuto.com before the recall was official. Now I just went to make an appointment with the dealer to have them put on and was told that it wouldn't be covered under recall and I wouldn't be reimbursed because they are non-factory parts. I was told that if I go to my mechanic and have them put on I might get reimbursed by playing 'dumb' about not knowing about the recall. What a pain. My mechanic just quoted me $170 labor for the install. :shock: Any one else run into this problem?

'04 Patriot Blue Sport 4x4
Mopar Bull Bar & Tubular Side Rails
K&N Air Filter / Sylvania Silverstar Lights
MOBIL1 Oil & Filter
235/70SR16 Firestone Destination AT
SIRIUS Radio / Garmin Nuvi Navigation
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2074925

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:52 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I got mine from RockAuto and had them installed before the recall. I wrote to DC asking for reimbursement for parts and labor and they responded with this:

Thank you for contacting DaimlerChrysler regarding recall procedures.

If "recall repair work" was done on your vehicle before the recall
notification, simply send your original repair order and paid receipt,
after making a copy for your records, to the following address for
review and reimbursement consideration:

DAIMLERCHRYSLER
P.O. Box 4639
Oak Ridge, TN 37831

The fax number is 865-425-1592

You should also take your vehicle to your DaimlerChrysler dealer for a
free inspection for the recall repair. It is possible that the recall
may still need to be completed on the vehicle.

So if they said they'd reimburse me for mine, I don't see why the dealer would charge you. Same labor is being done either way. You may want to call around to different dealers.

For those that have sent in their receipts- What was the turn around time from sending the info to getting paid? Did they update you at all or just send a check?

Thanks.

03 Freedom with some neat stuff done to it that I learned about here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:06 pm 
clean machine
clean machine

Hey! I got my recall notice for the ball joints today. (03 Sport).

I had the recall done on September 19th. :wink:

Post subject: Can i still do the recall on the balljoints...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:27 am 
LOST Newbie

is the recall still going on, i was to lazy to take it to the dealership but now im worrying about it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:03 am 
clean machine
clean machine

Yeah, definitely call the dealership and get it done. Those original balljoints are just too iffy to leave them in. It's free and usually quick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:20 pm 
LOST Addict

I called the dealership today to get the recall done, they to said it would be about 6 weeks. They only get 3 sets a week so i'm on a waiting list. What am i supposed to do, take my chances on not flying off the road between now and then???

L.O.S.T. #225019
2003 Sport 4x4
Patriot Blue w/ trail rash
Flex-Zilla 4" Lift
TrailRash hi-lift mounts
Other stuff you wish you had :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:02 pm 
LOST Newbie

Jeep4me99 wrote:
I called the dealership today to get the recall done, they to said it would be about 6 weeks. They only get 3 sets a week so i'm on a waiting list. What am i supposed to do, take my chances on not flying off the road between now and then???

I'm in the same boat here as well. I have not even recieved a notice and didn't know about the recall until yesterday when coming back to read the forum.

I was told it was a "mega backorder" and would be called when they get them in, 2 to 4 weeks. Reading that recalls have been recalled we might get a different or more refined joint.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:35 pm 
LOST Newbie

What's this about the recalls getting recalled? I'm getting mine done on Thursday. Is there anything I should be looking for? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:53 pm 
LOST Newbie

gunflint wrote:
What's this about the recalls getting recalled? I'm getting mine done on Thursday. Is there anything I should be looking for? Thanks.

Just read about a 'couple' of people having the lbj work done and failing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:39 pm 
LOST Newbie

I read the recall and it said you have to have the notice from DCX before coming in... can you just make an appointment? I don't think I want to wait much longer.

L.O.S.T #151
2003 KJ Sport 4x4 with ABS, Off Road Package and Tow Package.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:24 pm 
clean machine
clean machine

KJSport4x4 wrote:
I read the recall and it said you have to have the notice from DCX before coming in... can you just make an appointment? I don't think I want to wait much longer.

Might be different there, but I got mine done 6 weeks before the notice came in the mail. Give the dealership a call and tell them how concerned you are about driving with these defective parts, etc. Tell them to get you in there pronto.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:27 pm 
LOST Newbie

I made an appointment at my 5star dealer in mid September - and the earliest possible date was DEC 4th ! So that's nearly 3 months. OK bad enough BUT - they called me one week before DEC 4 and told me that they have to cancel the appointment because they didn't get enough parts from DC.
If I want they can put me on a waiting list and order the LBJ in my name to be sure that the parts are there when they will call me in!
???? That's what I supposed them to do in SEPTEMBER! It seems that they just made appointments not even sure that they will have some parts available.

Changed the dealership - now I am at another dealers waiting list - parts should be here in 2-3 months .... that would be about 6 months waiting time for a recall that is be done for major security reasons!

front/rear tow hooks
Full skids
75K miles
Average mpg: 16.1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:25 pm 
LOST Newbie

I got mine done on Wednesday... that was after having made one appt that got cancelled due to 'no parts'.

I overheard the service manager say that they were only getting 3 sets at a time... they have a line of people waiting :(

Seems to me that if there going to put a recall they'd have the parts in a timely matter :?

2003 Patriot Blue (when not muddy-up), Rusty's 2.5" lift, skids, boulder bars,245/17R16's

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next