It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:19 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Quote:
They couldn't tell me if it was strictly for the lowers because my uppers are shot. They said all the information they have states it’s a recall for "BALL JOINTS."

Nice when the manufacturer can't even tell you! :shock: :roll:

Mopar Tubular Brush Guard
Garmin GPS V & Laptop w/Nav software
RAM products laptop mount
Maglite w/mount
Rear cargo bay tool cabinet
AllJs Rear Shelf
Rear receiver
250k miles!
LOST #CR051230

Post subject: Upper Ball Joint Problems
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

I'm planning on getting the work done ASAP and not waiting for the recall to go down. They tell me if I have the work done and the parts are part of the recall they will reimburse me for the parts & labor.

Does anyone have good or bad experience w/ relying on Chrysler to repay you for work done at the dealer shop?

Stuntz

Post subject: update on my balljoint issue
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:05 am 
LOST Newbie

AdamIsAdam wrote:
At the very least, they should replace them with what they have on hand until they're all set up for the recall in a few months.

Here is the update on what DC did. I had to call DC while my Liberty was at the dealership. I was on the phone for about 45 minutes while DC contacted the dealer to find out the problem. DC was sticking by the line that the parts are not out yet. And wont be available until late September. I said OK, so give me a loaner. They said Nope! So I said then get me the parts!!! Nope. Restated to the DC rep that the dealer deemed my vehicle UNSAFE TO DRIVE!!! I asked to speak to a supervisor, the customer service rep said she already spoke to the supervisor. (Thats nice that she spoke to the sup'v. but I want to speak to him/her!!)
SO. I say to the rep, let me get DC's stand on this issue perfectly clear, so when I go home and post about it on the internet 'on a Jeep Liberty owners group website, I don't want to make a mistake'....Then I asked for the supervisor AGAIN!. Put on hold AGAIN. The rep comes back and tells meshe spoke to the supervisor(who I asked to speak to twice) and someone else(maybe the janitor??) and they decided to authorize the dealer to put an older set of ball joints in, if they are still available(these are being recalled too). And in the fall I'll go back in AGAIN for the recall.

:x I am NOT pleased with the way this customer service rep from DC handled this call. I was polite to her. I explained the problem, and expressed that I haul my wife, a toddler and an infant around in this vehicle. All I wanted was for it to be fixed, or be provided a loaner if the parts were not available. Only after I told her I was going to quote her and DC's official stance on the matter on the internet did things happen. :x

Good Luck to anyone else with this problem!

*This was a summary of what transpired between myself and DC customer service. This does not include me quoting the DC rep and their company stance on my issue*

2003 Silver Liberty Limited
-Just Plain old OEM
LOST #000610

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:38 am 
LOST Addict

that was the right outcome, in my opinion. Fixed temp with older parts, or loaner. Too bad they took this long to do it on phone. I'd send a letter and maybe you'll have better results by the time recall is in action.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3199258

JeepTales

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:33 pm 
LOST Newbie

AdamIsAdam wrote:
that was the right outcome, in my opinion. Fixed temp with older parts, or loaner. Too bad they took this long to do it on phone. I'd send a letter and maybe you'll have better results by the time recall is in action.

Oh I agree! I was just annoyed at the way the DC rep handled the situation. She would have easily let me hang up the phone and have DC do NOTHING! Mind you, DC has already acknowledged there is a problem with the part.....what if I crashed into a tree or something? Don't you think DC would have a little liability problem?
So for the time it took from when I asked for a sup'v the SECOND time, to when she came back with a solution...this whole thing could have been settled in 10 minutes!

2003 Silver Liberty Limited
-Just Plain old OEM
LOST #000610

Post subject: Recall...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:58 pm 
LOST Newbie

I called my local dealership and the Service Shop acted as if they hadn't heard of the recall.
After I thoroughly explained it to them and that it was on TV and Papers the Rep. all of the sudden changed his tactic to the "Have you gotten an Official Recall Notice Yet ?" I said no and the guy told me they wouldn't have the parts until DC officially announced the Recall in September and because of the high number of Liberty's involved it will be awhile before they could get to them all.
I sure hope the wheels don't fall off on my way to work on the Freeway !!!

LOST KJ Number # 000374

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:51 pm 
LOST Member

My wheel has been vibrating slightly for about 50 miles and I have a rubbing noise when I turn. Its in the front right, so I called the dealership and they are going replace it under warranty again...first time was the call back.

How many LBJ's would I need to buy in order to fix the whole front end? Has anyone bought upper and lowers? I think there is 4 on each side right? I want to get something that is very rugged...

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:56 pm 
Master of the Blender

Boostedxt wrote:
My wheel has been vibrating slightly for about 50 miles and I have a rubbing noise when I turn. Its in the front right, so I called the dealership and they are going replace it under warranty again...first time was the call back.

How many LBJ's would I need to buy in order to fix the whole front end? Has anyone bought upper and lowers? I think there is 4 on each side right? I want to get something that is very rugged...

Joe

1 each UBJ and LBJ per side.

L.O.S.T. #KB051963

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:58 pm 
LOST Member

Ok so I could buy 2 LBJ's, but the problem is the Uppers you need to replace the upper control arm correct?

They are replacing the Joints this friday, and then when the official call back is released in september I will go back in and replace them again. I am just thinking of doing it myself with something a lot stronger.

Thanks for the fast reply.
joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:15 am 
LOST Newbie

Newbie here and greetings from Glendale... I'm planning a trip this weekend to go up on the rim and decided to call the dealership on the ball joint issue. The dude in service said that a recall hasn't been made official yet. Do you know if that's true? Everything that I've read is from Jeep forums... I guess I'll be checking mine out myself before I hit the road.

azkj05

Oh btw -
Loaded 2005 Renegade
Stock for now, looking to begin transformation soon
beginning with air-intake & cat back exhaust
Tires and suspension lift

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:09 am 
LOST Addict

It's "official" in the sense that DCX publicly announced its plans to recall all KJs some time in Sep. It's not "official" yet given that it's only been Sep for 6 hours now Eastern Time. :wink:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3199258

JeepTales

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:25 am 
Coal Country Wheelin
Coal Country Wheelin

Quote:
It's not "official" yet given that it's only been Sep for 6 hours now Eastern Time.

Good stuff adam!! :lol:

2005 Sport with "STUFF"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:02 pm 
Master of the Blender

Probably like a lot of people, I figure I'll just check for the notice on the Jeep website every couple of days until it comes up, then I'll make an appointment to take it in and get it done.

L.O.S.T. #KB051963

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:39 am 
LOST Newbie

Right-on Adam, thanks for the input. I'll look into receiving an official notice this coming Sept... oh wait, it's now September, wow how the summer flew by. Anyway, Thanks Adam.

azkj05

Post subject: Recall is On..
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:48 pm 
LOST Newbie

It's my understanding it's all Liberty's.

The Recall is official from Jeep since 9-6-6...found it on the web:
http://www-5.jeep.com/webselfservice/jeep/index.jsp?screenName=recall&country=us&emailUrl=goToEmailForm%28%27R%27%29

My Service Deptartment acted AGAIN like they didn't know about it. After explaining it to them again they had to call me back to confirm the Recall, took almost an hour but I am now #3 on the list and parts won't be in until begining of October !!!

LOST KJ Number # 000374

Post subject: Ball Joint Recall
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:32 am 
LOST Newbie

I just checked Jeep's recall website and it came back confirmed - The recall is offical, here's the link if anyone needs it.

http://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/jeep ... ame=recall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:54 am 
LOST Newbie

Here's a PDF file of the recall bulletin:

http://www.wjjeeps.com/kj/tsb/recall_kj_RCF23_06.pdf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:16 am 
Master of the Blender

Well. now that the recall is official my LBJs have decided to go out - nice of them to wait until the new parts are in so that I don't have to take it in twice. :roll: I was all set to run Walnut Canyon with Vern and some other folks from the AZVJC, but I checked them this morning after I filled up (had a gut feeling which I've learned to listen to) and the right side has about 3mm of play and the left is about at the 1.5mm max allowed by DC. So I'll be calling a dealer tomorrow to get an appointment to get the recall done and see if I can carpool with a guy from work for a few days. I had just checked tehm about 2k miles ago so they started going pretty fast.

L.O.S.T. #KB051963

Post subject: recall done !
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

Well, I got a call and had my Ball Joints done Friday (Sept. 29) a few days ahead of schedule also got the Left Front Fender replaced...some guy side-swiped it.
They Washed and Vacuumed the Renny out, so Saturday I had to take her out and get her dirty.
Got a flat tire...fourth one in less than three years, 3 of them on gravel and two have been within a month. Running the worthless OEM Goodyear OWL tires.

LOST KJ Number # 000374

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:35 pm 
LOST Addict

Got it done on Friday:

Here are the pix.

Image Image
Image Image Image

Requested them to replace sway bar bushings, making weird noises in the cold weather, hoping this was the reason.. waiting for weather to get below 50..
Image Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next