PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:36 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sorry for the late reply...

1-800-992-1997 Chrysler Customer Service

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:21 pm 
LOST Newbie

I think I might have a clue what might be causing the noise. I believe that my right rearest window seal is rolled and not installed properly. Looking at each window from the interior, the seals are different at the bottom. My RR side rearest window seal is poking up at the bottom in the middle for about 5 inches. I can see this bit of seal in the space between the window and the plastic interior shell. The left rear window seal cannot really be seen.

Maybe everyone could check their Liberty and report back here.

This is really a hunch since I have really tried to find the exact area creating the noise. I have inspected all of the visible seals around both rear doors and eaverything looks fine and are the same on each side. The door gaps look fine and symetrical as well. So, nothing yet is obvious except for the little window seal.

28D, Tow Pkg, Fully Skidded, Yummy Leather, Mopar Bug Shield, WeatherFlectors, 5x 255/70R16 Bridgestone Dueler Revo, Husky lined, and a brand new eTool. 2005 EVIC Install Write-Up Coming Soon! Currently (6/07) @ 16,400 miles! (3/07-14,100 miles)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2175805

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:12 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

03 Rennie - starting to get noise at the top of my driver's door. i keep checking to see that the window is all the way up. Guess I now know what the problem is!

Mopar Tubular Brush Guard
Garmin GPS V & Laptop w/Nav software
RAM products laptop mount
Maglite w/mount
Rear cargo bay tool cabinet
AllJs Rear Shelf
Rear receiver
250k miles!
LOST #CR051230

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:29 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I was on the freeway the other day, and it was a lil windy and a gust hit me and it made a LOUD noise thru the cab, I even felt it. And windows were up ???
That irritated the heck out me. I gotta get that checked out.

other mods coming soon...

Post subject: Windnoise Fixed!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:00 pm 
LOST Newbie

Yep! It wasn't the alignment of the door... It was the seal around the right rear door window. The one that goes around the little glass piece righht behind the window that goes up and down. Seal replaced and the noise is gone. There was some "extra" sealant added to the top rear corner between the door and the seal. Probably a gap that is difficult to seal with the rubber seal.

Chris

28D, Tow Pkg, Fully Skidded, Yummy Leather, Mopar Bug Shield, WeatherFlectors, 5x 255/70R16 Bridgestone Dueler Revo, Husky lined, and a brand new eTool. 2005 EVIC Install Write-Up Coming Soon! Currently (6/07) @ 16,400 miles! (3/07-14,100 miles)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2175805

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:58 am 
LOST Newbie

GAWilliams wrote:
I just got my Liberty a week ago -- also a 2005 Limited. I found myself turning around and looking yesterday while going down the interstate to make sure the windows were all rolled up! It's not a loud noise, but it IS noticeable. I also have the sunroof, but it didn't sound like that was making the noise. It might just be the turbulence created by the racks on top?

I added roof racks to my Jeep the other day and I noticed that they create a loud humming noise. I thought it was a wheel bearing on my trailer but the noise stayed when I took the trailer off. I also have the wind noise coming from the back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:34 pm 
LOST Member

Bonehead wrote:
My wind noise is coming from my rear drivers side door :cry:

Same here. Sounds like it's coming from the top front corner of the rear driver side door. Not too sure what it is either though.

N

2003 Liberty Sport
Blue w/ Gray trim
3.7L 5 Speed Manual
235/70/16 BFG MT's
65w Phillips fog light mod
AmsOil fluids end to end
SkidRow Front armor
Standard Frankenlift I & Al's U A-arms

Post subject: Simular problem but not the Same
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:12 am 
LOST Addict

I have an '02 Sport 4x4 I bought last year. My wind noise wasnt' the right rear door but the front right door. I whistled on the highway and leaked if I took it thru a car wash. Then I saw on TRUCK TV on Spike channel on saturdays a cool trick. The host took a dollar bill and put it between the door and the body then he showed where the dollar easily taviled between the weather stipping. He then put the window down placed his knee against the door and pulled on the top of the door edge with the window down. Then showed the dollar bill had more resistance sliding in the weather stipping. What the heck give it a try. Well it worked but the situations your talking about isn't the same just some extra information . Hope it helps someone.