It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: N46 Recall (fuel tank) incentives; how can they be claimed?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:53 pm 
LOST Member

I used my first day off in 6 months (work... sigh...) to get the Jeep in for the N46 recall work. Per multiple news articles FCA is supposed to provide a $100 prepaid debit card once the work is done.

The service manager said that the cards are not at or provided by the dealership, that I need to contact FCA with my paperwork. However I haven't managed to find a way to do that; there are FAQs talking about the incentive, but no links to actually seal the deal.

Is it automatic? Simply getting the work done (with my name and address associated with the VIN) means FCA knows the work is done, but I can't find verification for that possibility either.

The dealership told me I need $1200+ in additional work too, big surprise.

Thanks for any info.

1971 Dodge Challenger, 318cid, A904 Torqueflite

Post subject: Re: N46 Recall (fuel tank) incentives; how can they be claim
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:24 pm 
LOST Addict

My dealership said that they haven't heard anything yet about the gift card, but they are working on making people happy.

Mine offered to give me two $50 gift cards to restaurants. But I talked them into one gift card and fill up my Jeep and two Jerry cans.

Only got the "incentive" for my 02, taking the 06 and 04 up there today to get my free fuel and cards.

Heres the card they gave me. Easy to do and you can use it at alot of different places

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

2002 KJ Limited 3.7, 5.25" lift via coilovers, custom HD rear springs, 32.2" tires on moabs (soon 33s) 4.56/JBA diff, OX lockers front/rear, NP241OR, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers, rock rails and roof rack, Viair OBA.

2006 KJ sport 3.7, 4" Ironman lift, 32" tires, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers and rock rails.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:14 pm 
LOST Addict

Got the 04 and 06 taken care of. So going to Perry's Steak House with the wifey!!!

2002 KJ Limited 3.7, 5.25" lift via coilovers, custom HD rear springs, 32.2" tires on moabs (soon 33s) 4.56/JBA diff, OX lockers front/rear, NP241OR, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers, rock rails and roof rack, Viair OBA.

2006 KJ sport 3.7, 4" Ironman lift, 32" tires, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers and rock rails.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:58 am 
LOST Member

So the cards (such as they were) came from the dealer, where my dealer specifically disclaimed that they were the source of cards.

I still haven't found any clear explanation of how this is supposed to work. I guess I'll try contacting FCA this weekend and see what happens.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:23 am 
LOST Addict

Ultimately, I think they will just pull the bankruptcy scapegoat again :-)r
It worked before to dodge a lot of lemons...

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:31 pm 
LOST Member

Mountainman wrote:
Ultimately, I think they will just pull the bankruptcy scapegoat again :-)r
It worked before to dodge a lot of lemons...

I hope not. I could not care less about Fiat but I've been a lifelong Mopar guy and would like the option of remaining so at least in name.

In the meantime I've sent a tweet to @Jeep to see if they'll respond there.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:07 pm 
LOST Addict

kj-dec wrote:
So the cards (such as they were) came from the dealer, where my dealer specifically disclaimed that they were the source of cards.

I still haven't found any clear explanation of how this is supposed to work. I guess I'll try contacting FCA this weekend and see what happens.

Again YMMV. My dealership will bend over backwards to help out their customers.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:55 pm 
LOST Member

4x4kayak2112 wrote:
Again YMMV. My dealership will bend over backwards to help out their customers.

My dealership is gone, killed in 2009 by the 'car czar' crap from D.C. This place is the closest Jeep dealership; I've ordered parts there but this was the first service visit. The tech seemed to be pretty good (he road tested with me afterwards because the Jeep was 'groaning' when cornering, and the drum brakes got stuck (the other recall work involved pulling the console, and the emergency brake got stuck). Also the porter who found my rear tire cover in the car wash (where it got blown off apparently) and the reinstalled it was great. The service manager not so much; he just wanted to cycle me out as fast as possible.

So it goes. But I'm going to try and get that gift card regardless, and then likely find a different place to look for our next car.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:17 am 
LOST Newbie

This is the first I'm hearing of the gift cards. I had this recall done a few months ago.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:14 pm 
LOST Member

Mike1970 wrote:
This is the first I'm hearing of the gift cards. I had this recall done a few months ago.

Look at item 5 on this 'official' PDF; it was also in a lot of news stories so you can google for "jeep recall incentives" or similar. What I still can't find is how you are supposed to actually get the card since the dealer didn't provide it.

Another site posted this: "This offer is being extended to those who have had their Jeeps repaired since July 24, 2015, as well as those who have yet to go in for the service. "

FYI on mine, even though I had the factory hitch (purchased new as part of the tow package) they still replaced it as part of the recall; all the original info I saw was that if you had a third party hitch they would replace it with the factory hitch, but if you had factory all they would do is replace the bolts. So something changed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:58 pm 
LOST Member

And I just sent another query to FCA after not hearing a peep back from them on Twitter or from the original online contact form.

We'll see what happens.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:21 pm 
LOST Member

OK. You go to http://recalls.mopar.com, enter your VIN, find the N46 recall and make sure its 'done', then click the link (not the reimbursement link) for the incentive in the repair description box:

http://jeep.myjeepauto.com/production/r ... eneric.pdf

We'll see if that works now.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:59 am 
LOST Member

And a followup; I got my $100 Visa gift card today in the mail from "Rewards Center" in Coppell, TX. The envelope and documentation did not mention anything about FCA, Jeep, recall, etc so at first I was wondering if it was an actual gift from someone.

The sticker on the card says to activate you have to call an 844 number and provide the last 6 digits of the vehicle's VIN; that tipped off the reason for the card.

If any of you get these be aware: short expiration and fees. The plastic card expires 6/16. The funds do not expire but after 6 months a $3.00/month maintenance fee is charged against the balance on the card until it reaches zero. If you want replacement plastic it is $6.95 (presumably with an extended expiration date). So plan on spending the gift card before those charges start or the card expires.

Kind of meh, but $100 is $100 even if you have to spend it or otherwise convert it fairly quickly.