It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FITS V Stocker Run
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:11 pm 
LOST Junkie

Hi all, this will be where you get info on the stocker run. I'll keep updating this first post with info as it pans out.

We will be doing the Ajax Mine Road / Telegraph Canyon trail. Although Ajax trail is listed in the Wells book - and it's rated difficult, we will NOT be doing the trail itself. We will be using the road that generally follows along the trail up to the mine's old processing area. It's a really scenic area.

Vehicle requirements:

Stock vehicles OK. Tow hooks required (just in case). Skidplates recommended but not required. I need to know if you do not have skids before we start on the trail, though. There is only really one downhill section that is technical (aka fun) - and a smooth bypass is available.

The trip should take us probably 5 to 6 hours including stops, and lunch.

We will be departing Usery at 8am. Fuel is available as we pass through Gold Canyon along the 60. We will meet at the trailhead at 9am. CB channel 4, FRS channel 2(7). There will be a short safety discussion, and we'll air-down. We will be rolling at 9:30.

Here's a Google Earth aerial with the path we are going to follow. We will start at Cottonwood Canyon Road off of SR79, and end up in Superior along HWY60.

More pics to follow.

Todd

Last edited by phxtoad on Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: FITS V Stocker Run
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:22 pm 
LOST Junkie

Here's some pics when I ran this with an AZVJC group back in November.

Petroglyphs

Digger

Duke

Ajax

Furry driver

RogueXJ and a weird sagauro

Rockhound's down there

The storm starts

More pics on the AZVJC link: http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showthread.php?t=52107