It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Unofficial Friday Run... Bulldog Canyon
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:25 am 
LOST Addict

A couple of us are going to do a quick run after we set up camp Friday morning. We're going to run Bulldog Canyon. The entrance is 1.6 miles north of Usery Park on the right side of the road. A small group can run this trail in 3~4 hours.

Trail: Bulldog Canyon... rated medium
Meet: West gate on Usery Road
Time: 1230

Note: a "free" permit is required for the trail. You can get them at the Mesa Ranger Station M~F at... 5140 E. Ingram St, Mesa. It's located on the west side of Higley Rd between McKellips and Brown. I won't check if you have a permit, just be warned the Rangers have been known to be out there checking for permits. It's something like a $400.00 fine for not having one.

Post up if you're interested....

AZKJ
Silverdiesel
eyehatetofu
Neatus - maybe

It's an AZ LOST JEEPS thing....
other folks don't understand!!

Last edited by AZKJ on Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Unofficial Friday Run... Bulldog Canyon
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:21 pm 
LOST Member

Count me in.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:28 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I will try and make it in time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:44 pm 
LOST Member

meeting up at the west gate right? We will be there. I think we are gonna bring our puppy, Durango. He has been to bulldog canyon once before and he loved it.

--- '05 KJ sport--- 3.7L V6 auto --- 16" Amer Racing Mojaves (teflon coated) --- 2.5" daystar lift w/ BFG K/O AT 245/75/16 & rear OME N132L shocks --- Mopar Front/Trans/Tranf Skid --- front/rear tow hooks --- Cobra CB w/ 24" Firestik --- custom rear cargo area shelf --- 10" bazooka bass tube ---

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:46 pm 
LOST Member

AZKJ wrote:
Note: a "free" permit is required for the trail. You can get them at the Mesa Ranger Station M~F at... 5140 E. Ingram St, Mesa. It's located on the west side of Higley Rd between McKellips and Brown. I won't check if you have a permit, just be warned the Rangers have been known to be out there checking for permits. It's something like a $400.00 fine for not having one.

I thought my paperwork said you could be fined up to $5000... :shock:

--- '05 KJ sport--- 3.7L V6 auto --- 16" Amer Racing Mojaves (teflon coated) --- 2.5" daystar lift w/ BFG K/O AT 245/75/16 & rear OME N132L shocks --- Mopar Front/Trans/Tranf Skid --- front/rear tow hooks --- Cobra CB w/ 24" Firestik --- custom rear cargo area shelf --- 10" bazooka bass tube ---

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:22 pm 
LOST Member

very fun run. Our 10 month old puppy (Durango, the yellow lab) had a blast!

:JEEPIN: Carnage report :JEEPIN:
My new transf case skid got its first piece of rock rash.

But ---

Mr. AZKJ popped the valve stem off of his driverside rear tire and ended up with a completely flat tire about 1-2 miles from the end of the trail, causing the need for us to take a break to switch it out for the spare. I will let AJ give you all the details.

Otherwise no issues. Beautiful weather and perfect day for a jeep ride! :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:13 am 
LOST Addict

Hey guys... thanks for coming out for the FITS V Friday Run!! It's always a good day when you can hook up with the gang from AZ LOST JEEPS.

Yep, busted a valve stem near the end of the trail. Thanks for everyone's help changing the tire.

After the run, it was too late in the day to get the wheel fixed and still enjoy the festivities at camp this evening. I opted to enjoy the camp festivities and forgo doing a run on Saturday with no spare. Instead, I'll be joining up with Silverdiesel Saturday morning after I get the wheel fixed. We'll play the camp guards and hold the fort down until everyone gets back off the trail later in the day. Hey someone has to do it!! Anyway... FITS is all about the camaraderie as well as doing trails, and with the people that make up AZ LOST JEEPS, I'll take the camaraderie. Trails can be run anytime, but it's only a few times a year we can get everyone together... so no big deal having to miss out on a run. I'll schedule a FITS V Coke Ovens make-up run in the next couple of weeks.

See the FITS V picture thread, I'm sure more pics will be added when everyone gets home to a computer later this weekend.

Oh, and be sure to ask Neatus to explain his new game called "Stump", or anything else he might dream up making the rules as he goes!!

:SOMBRERO:

It's an AZ LOST JEEPS thing....
other folks don't understand!!