It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1941 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 98  Next
 Post subject: Re: Is Indiana dead
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:26 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

:shock:
Gawking and driving almost as worst as drinkin and drivin :jester:
Sorry about the damage but at least your getting it fixed :pepper:
Looking good and lots of cool looking Jeeps ya have pics of :JEEPIN: The one roof rack with lights is just about exactly what I have planned for mine, if I don't blow it up first :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:29 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

MoD wrote:
well i tried posting up pics...btw i get her back on the 7th :D cant wait

I thought that was you that posted on facebook the other day, that sucks but I'm glad everyone was alright.

L.O.S.T. #DW090501

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:54 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

define "alright"...........
:ROTFL:
:jester:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:37 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

BugginKJ wrote:
define "alright"...........
:ROTFL:

I was trying to be nice! :-)r

It looks like you broke off one of the lights that we wired up and your push bar pushed the wrong way! :furious:

L.O.S.T. #DW090501

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:47 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

:pepper:
Time for mods!
Which is why I have never liked them bug bars, they look good but have a hard time standing up to even the shopping carts I come across :jester:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:37 pm 
LOST Addict

this is what i hit

and not all of us can afford ARBs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:16 pm 
LOST Newbie

[quote="MoD"]this is what i hit

and not all of us can afford ARBs

Image[/quote

I think I have seen that little Libby a time or 2, I even saw a very heated thread on the Cherokee forum where it outflexed I couple fairly nice xjs : ) that little Libby didn't even have its new mopar light bar when that accident happened, but at least insurance is buying it a arb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:36 pm 
LOST Addict

they should buy me an arb...or at least a mopar light bar. too bad some dumb booty messed up ur bumper... at least ill get newer better fogs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:53 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Nahhhh ARB's aren't my flavor. Rock Lizards stuff is where it's at, at least for me :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:29 pm 
LOST Addict

i just want arb front. the rest rl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:03 pm 
LOST Newbie

MoD wrote:

I agree, I think the rock lizard front bumper looks very well built and I really live that it does not stick out a foot farther than it should like the arb does, I also really appreciate that rock lizard is a small company that makes parts for the Libby, but I think the arb bumper looks more professionally built. I love absolutely everything else they make though.

Sadly if I got my first choice I wouldn't have a arb or a rock lizard, I want a trail ready front bumper so badly but I cant find one anywhere

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:39 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Liberator4x4 wrote:
MoD wrote:

I agree, I think the rock lizard front bumper looks very well built and I really live that it does not stick out a foot farther than it should like the arb does, I also really appreciate that rock lizard is a small company that makes parts for the Libby, but I think the arb bumper looks more professionally built. I love absolutely everything else they make though.

Sadly if I got my first choice I wouldn't have a arb or a rock lizard, I want a trail ready front bumper so badly but I cant find one anywhere

Just an FYI, he'll make ya what ya want :wink:
I can tell ya first hand seeing his work, nothing stands up to it. He should rename his company to Bad Ars Rock Hard Rock Lizard! Oh yea and his welds are amazing! I used to weld for a living doing TONS of fab work, still do some what but not on the grand level I used to and his welds I gladly bow down to! The only way I can weld close to what he does is to be behind my MillerMatic 251 and really really take my time with no one buggin me, including myself. I truly can't say enough good/great things about him and his work!
Design wise, I like the Sundance Customs bumper that OCD03 character has on his and was made good but no longer available. Also there is JCR up in Michigan, they make some good looking stuff but mostly for the belly button Jeeps and XJ's.
Good luck in what ever ya choose.
:JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:54 pm 
LOST Newbie

BugginKJ wrote:
Liberator4x4 wrote:
MoD wrote:

Just an FYI, he'll make ya what ya want :wink:
I can tell ya first hand seeing his work, nothing stands up to it. He should rename his company to Bad Ars Rock Hard Rock Lizard! Oh yea and his welds are amazing! I used to weld for a living doing TONS of fab work, still do some what but not on the grand level I used to and his welds I gladly bow down to! The only way I can weld close to what he does is to be behind my MillerMatic 251 and really really take my time with no one buggin me, including myself. I truly can't say enough good/great things about him and his work!
Design wise, I like the Sundance Customs bumper that OCD03 character has on his and was made good but no longer available. Also there is JCR up in Michigan, they make some good looking stuff but mostly for the belly button Jeeps and XJ's.
Good luck in what ever ya choose.
:JEEPIN:

I use to really like the Sundance customs bumper but after hearing all the trouble people had with the guy who made them they are ruined in my eyes. It was my understanding that rocklizard was under new ownership are they still being constructed that wellwith the new owner? Do you think rock lizard would be capable of making a trail ready lookalike?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:38 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

New owner?!?!?!?! NEVER! He just moved is all. Your best bet is to call him and or email him with build questions. I think Tom might have a special red phone with a direct line :shock: :ROTFL:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:28 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

BugginKJ wrote:
New owner?!?!?!?! NEVER! He just moved is all. Your best bet is to call him and or email him with build questions. I think Tom might have a special red phone with a direct line :shock: :ROTFL:

Its a black phone , but a Hot Red Line to him :wink:

Never be able to buy another Trail ready and no I doubt any good Fab shop would do a rip off of another companies bumper
ARBs are great, don't know what I would do without my shelf to lay tools / drinks/ food etc :lol:
But there will be a change coming soon to mine. After 7 years and 4 Deer, a Toyota Camry and a Chev Pick-up its time to swap it out :grim:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:54 pm 

MoD wrote:
yup i lifted mine although i swore it would be longer than this before i did but a buddy of mine surprised me with $800 worth of lift accessories :D he works for a company that makes springs and he had some custom made 3" lift coils front and rear with a spring compression rate between the gasser and crd models so i get the best of both worlds. it is a little stiff for now but get some more armor on it and it should be perfect. he said all he had to pay for was the shocks and struts and he got me new clevises. i havent measured yet but i was already sagging about an inch from stock and it looks like i might have gotten 5" of total lift. i will break out the measuring tape later

What kind of shocks did you use , that may be part of the issue of the rougher ride.
If you have 450 lb springs then yes you need a front bumper etc fast
Did you get new UCAs if not then alignment will be an issue with 3.5-4 inches of lift

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:57 am 
LOST Addict

I only had it a day after the lift before it got wrecked and only got to put 12 miles on the lift so im not sure how it rides yet. But it was only 3" lift springs so no new ucas. That will come when i get money...

Although i think what they say is true...if u say tom's name 3 or more times on a page then he comes and gives u his sage advice :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:26 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Tom, Tom, Tom and another Tom for good measure.
Is that like doin the Bloody Mary thing in the mirror?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:38 am 

MoD wrote:
I only had it a day after the lift before it got wrecked and only got to put 12 miles on the lift so im not sure how it rides yet. But it was only 3" lift springs so no new ucas. That will come when i get money...

Although i think what they say is true...if u say tom's name 3 or more times on a page then he comes and gives u his sage advice :D

Need some measurements from middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare
just for S&Gs :wink: :ROTFL:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:12 am 
LOST Addict

As soon as i get it back Monday ill measure for u. U know i dont want to hurt my libby. Btw the rear swaybar was removed too and we never used a torch on her...just some snap on impact guns and 2 cans of pb blaster :-)r

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1941 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 98  Next