It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I have a delima
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:38 am 
LOST Addict

So i just got a letter in the mail that i am finally going to get my money from my grandma passing over a year and a half ago. Nothing much but still $1500. Now i think i can get away with spending $500 on the jeep with out the wife killing me so here are my thoughts.

Ditch the poopy steps i have and replace them with rock lizard super skinks (then sell the steps for like $50) $355.00 (plus shipping) I would like these because i like the added protection and something for my wife to step up on without guys saying my steps make my jeep look lame

Second option is to ditch the factory rails and get a Rock lizard gecko basket rack (sell the factory ones for whatever i can get) $450.00 (plus shipping) This will allow me to haul more crap on top which might happen 2 or 3 times a year honestly but it also gives me a place for more lights and lets face it i am a redneck and i love lights

third option: This one has me spend every dime and gets me suffocated by a pillow in my sleep. I would like to get a little more lift out of my jeep and i want it to last a long booty time and ride like a $100k ride. So...there is the new "tom mud approved" lift $1,295.95 I'm just not sure how to explain to the wife why i need this after i just did a small lift

now any of these 3 item i will have to bribe people to help me with because not only am i not the most installation savvy but as liberator has pointed out i am missing some decent important tools...so...option 1 or 2 i bet i know who i can bribe. option 3 i may have to bug the namesake of the lift for help :P

let the opinions begin :ALONE: :CAMPING: :JEEPIN:

Post subject: Re: I have a delima
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:02 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

You didn't list
"none of the above "

If its money from your Grandmother I'd buy something that you would have for a very long time . Something that represents her. Something that in 40-50 years you can look at and say that's what Grandmas money bought. Auto parts etc will be gone and forgotten in 5 years.
But that's me, a sentimental old fool

Oh my, now I'm talking people out of buying Jeep parts :ROTFL:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:39 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Grandfathers clock or in this case a Grandmothers clock.
To keep wifey poo somewhat happy, rock rails. 2 companies to choose from Rocklizard or JCR, RL's are more sought after and thought of very highly, JCR's do the job and are very well built with very minor fitment issue.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:55 pm 
LOST Addict

well...its either spend a little on the jeep and apparently a new bed (according to the wife) or contact Red Jacket Firearms and order a bad booty AR-15

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:06 pm 

well then I'm with your wife, new bed and a little on the KJ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:41 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tommudd wrote:
well then I'm with your wife, new bed and a little on the KJ

:shock:
your wife his wife?!?!?!?!?!
No wonder she wants a new bed :ROTFL:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:44 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

MoD wrote:
well...its either spend a little on the jeep and apparently a new bed (according to the wife) or contact Red Jacket Firearms and order a bad booty AR-15

With the current hysteria going around you'd be lucky to get an AR15 for 1,500, closer to 2,000 is more like it :banghead: Oh and good luck getting anything from Red Jacket, unless your a superstar or buying off their shelf, you'll have about a 2 year wait.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:03 am 
LOST Addict

Their ar is an "off the shelf" gun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:26 am 
LOST Addict

i do understand what you are saying tom about buying something that will last but there are only a few things that i like to spend my money on...tools, guns, Jeep, and electronics. The only other thing i have thought about doing with it is to buy 1 share of warren buffet's company birkshire hathaway. I have never seen it go down :P