It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: North Section Cherry Creek Road
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:14 pm 
LOST Junkie

Please see my post on the Trail Suggestions Thread.
Another trail suggestion but hey, here is a chance to run a new trail, rated easy, and at the same time you are helping prerun a choice for Trick or Jeep.

Roland

215x85 LRD BFG Commercial A/T's, Rola Rack, V6 airbox, Fumoto valve
10K winch, B5 Biodiesel (ULSD CP3 lube)
Its a Diesel baby!

Post subject: Re: North Section Cherry Creek Road
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:59 pm 
LOST Junkie

Trail report forthcoming- will post shortly.
There was a very disappointing result as some landowner/ rancher constructed a locked gate right at 2/3's way through and this is on a established Forest Service Road, Cherry Creek Road. Is this is what our trails are coming to?~~ will we see more locked gates on our trails? more to follow...

Roland

Its a Diesel baby!

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:46 pm 
LOST Addict

While we're waiting on Silverdiesel's trip report... here are a few pics I took of him going across a huge boulder field and then into Cherry Creek. The northern section of Cherry Creek Road is a lot tougher than the southern portion. A solid 2.75... maybe a 3.0 and not recommend for a stock height Liberty.

If you look close, you can see him behind the tree on the left, making his way across the rocks....

It's an AZ LOST JEEPS thing....
other folks don't understand!!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:03 am 
LOST Junkie

Trail report,
This is a 15 or so mile long portion of Chery Creek Road and a looksee was warranted because:
~~~It can be a candidate for T or J
~~~This trail is not listed in any guide book and no other Jeep or 4WD groups have reported a run on this
~~~It was the trill of the unknown literally! The first time run by LOST club members. Oh sure other adventurers have done this but then they keep to themselves and make this trail one of those many famous Young, Az area secrets that are never really shared, till now...

WOW and WOW and WOW-- what a ride, what fun, literally something different at every turn!!
Going with a group or at least two Jeeps is absolutely required. This thing jumped to a 3.1 difficulty rating numerous times!! (5 scale). This ride took 110% of my driving skill and 100% of the capability of the Liberty. I bumped my bottom plates a few times but picking lines especially through the numerous rock gardens took skill~~that JK just went over, I had to go through. (no pun on the Jeeps just AZKJ has a more able truck)
Scenery and scenery at every turn, beautiful country.
The trail literally was in the creek bottom and water fording is required (try doing that and still hear rocks bumping the bottom plates from under water..Wow!)
We noticed only ATV tracks NO Jeep or 4wd vehicles here at all. It was the ranch hands doing thier fence repair thing and several times we had to stop and let cattle go by!
Then it happened ~~ 2/3's in and we came across a locked gate on the road with no around path because of the terrain. AJ later found out the FS has released its easement control of the roadway to private ranchers due to the remoteness and little use of the road by persons. We HAD to turn around!
AJ also said the Rangers were very surprised to hear we were in Jeeps (they only hear of people on Quads out there) and were really very surprised 1 of the Jeeps was a Liberty! :BANANA:

Conclusion : This trail cannot be considered for TorJ ~ it is that tough, lots of rock gardens(creek bed travel), but there will be locked gates that can't be opened unless you want to break the law and I do not go there. But if you want to run it it is tons of fun at least up to the first locked gate!!

What other Jeep group can host an exploratory run on a trail in no guide book and give the experience of the unknown literally around every curve and bring beautiful scenery and bring out your best driving skills and work your truck to its safe limit and all along ~~~bring out that pucker factor!! Cause folks, this outing did! Thanks AZKJ for the GPS mapping and guiding because we were way out there. And again here is another first time ever trail for me and that adds even more fun into it.

Roland

Its a Diesel baby!