It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Info
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:43 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Hey everyone,

Lost Jeeps Socal will be hosting a Moab event in 2012 and its going to awesome! The dates are May 12th-19th. Of course you don't have to be there the whole week, just come whenever you can, you WILL have a great time!

Some of the things we will be doing this time is a Raffle, we will have an event shirt, and decals for your your Vehicle. There will be various prizes for other stuff that will be posted a little later. There will be a great offering of trails which also will be posted at a later date, that all attending will get to vote on to pick the trails the the majority of the group would like to do. Of course you can always do your own thing while you are there also, this is all about having fun and meeting up with old friends and making new ones.

I will be posting up lodging details soon, I am in contact with a few of the campgrounds in Moab to try and get a reduced rate for our group.

That is some of the things I can tell you now. This is an official date so ink it if you can. And if anyone wants to help please send me a PM or email me at wallycrandall@gmail.com Thats all for now, watch for updates and we will see you in Moab!

Wally

Post subject: Re: Info
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:44 pm 
LOST Addict

Planning i am ready to go i will start packing tomorrow :-)r.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:29 pm 
LOST Addict

So this is a SoCal event that other people are invited to? Seems weird to me that you wouldn't have a poll to determine what fits the maximum amount of people's availability like has been part of all other LJS planning in the past. It's hard enough to get people to come out, every effort should be made to make it easy.... a promotional cartoon goes a long way too!

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:26 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

JL Rockies wrote:
So this is a SoCal event that other people are invited to? Seems weird to me that you wouldn't have a poll to determine what fits the maximum amount of people's availability like has been part of all other LJS planning in the past. It's hard enough to get people to come out, every effort should be made to make it easy.... a promotional cartoon goes a long way too!

This is an event hosted by the SoCal group just likes its been every year except for 2 which was the one in Colorado and last year in Moab. We didn't need to do a poll because the organizers of this event ( Lost Jeeps SoCal ) determined what date would seem best for all. To do a poll like everyother year was complete confusion because people would post multiple dates, so no matter what you pick someone wasn't happy. This way there is no confusion, there is a little over 9 months to prepare for this, that is plenty of time for people to make arrangements. Yes it is hard for people to come out and we are hoping 2012 will be different. We will however being doing polls on what trails to run, instead of the organizers making a trail list we will be posting a list of trails in a poll and let the members pick ( within reason) what trails they would like to run, of course there will be exceptions and members could actually run what they want away from the group if they don't want to run the trails that get picked. I'm not familiar with the "promotional cartoon" that you speak of. If that is something you would like to do then feel free.

thanks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:37 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

8 days after I'm done with my Masters :)

It's inked

Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:27 pm 
LOST Addict

Jayme Eugene will be greatly disappointed with you if he doesn't get to run the trails of Moab in his life time. I mean I will even offer to tow him out there. And if you will look at the pastafari link to the video you will understand how useful it acttually is and hilarious.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:44 pm 
LOST Member

Ooooh. Hopefully I can make this. I had the best time in Moab in 2010. I think about it very frequently (and talk about it almost as much :D )

I want to run poison spyder/ golden spike/ gold bar rim again. Coolest trail ever!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Can't wait for this! Had a great time in 2010 and looking forward to going back. The timing is ideal 'cause I'll have my new Golen 4.6L engine broken in on the TJ and should have all the other bells and whistles complete. Of course that's assuming I decide to toss the money into a new engine rather than buy a new Jeep, but I digress. Moab 2012, it's on my calendar now!

**Prior Jeeps**
Wranglers 1989, 1998, 2005
Liberty 2003 & 2004 Renegade

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:35 pm 
LOST Member

I wish I still lived in AZ. This would be doable for me if I did, but trying to get time off from work to drive out there, camp and run, then drive back would be nearly impossible for me to accomplish.

245/75R16 Firestone Destination A/T

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:01 pm 
LOST Addict

Still no promotional cartoon... :(

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:23 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Hey Guys,

I know its been a while since I originally posted this, I have been working on this and have posted up some lodging info. This event is going to happen and you will see regular updates up until the event. Can 't wait to see everyone out there!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:43 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

I for one dont like cartoons, please dont use one. :goink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:32 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hope fully my 2012 KK will be lifted by then but either way I should be there to meet new jeeprs and friends :D

295/70 18 Nitto Trail Grapplers on Rockstar wheels