continue or not?
Poll ended at Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:36 am
continue for sure 100%  100%  [ 17 ]
uh no 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 17
 Post subject: J.A.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:36 am 
LOST Member

hi my name is shawn and i have an addiction. Im addicted to my truck. Ive had it for a little over a year now and it only seems to get worse. When first got it; it was more for pleasure than anything else. Id take it out in the woods and have a great time. This went on for about 2 or three months until i went out on the lake ice fishing. Thats when i started to spin out of control. There had been a lot of snow for some reason right before the sturgeon spearing season so there was a little more than a foot of snow. I made it out on the road that were plowed on the lake just fine. AN then i hit the real snow. I barley made it through the spearing season with out being in 4 low the entire time! IT was at that time that i realized that the addiction was really taking hold. I had realized that in order to do the things that i wanted to do i need to get that good high. So i started spending money; an lots of it. First I bought a lift and said "this is it; its awsome; now i can do anything!" It took me about a day to put it on by myself with bare esential tools and a bit of blood, tears and frustration. Shortly after lifting the truck I took it out in the local land where the county dumps all of the waste road material which makes for some pretty fun driving. I drove there and a few other places until one day at the dump when I was crawling around on the huge chunks of cement sticking out of the ground when I got hung up an one. I got out and screamed as i was almost instantly thrown into withdrawls. I couldnt get enough! I said just one more thing and ill quit. So i thought hey maby if the body sat a little bit more level id be allright. So i spent more money on some sway bar disconects. It took me about an hour to get them on and afterwards i felt the best i ever did using. I went back out and did the same are with absolutly no problem. This time about 3 or four months passed rather uneventfully until i was out in the woods yet again. I was rolling down a 40 or 50 year old evergrown logging road when i came up to a 70 to 75 degree hill in the middle of the night. I couldnt see anyting but plugged away and didnt move more than a few inches up it. Withdrawls hit again as i tried to reverse out and got stuck in the mud right before the hill. This is where i hit rock bottom. On my way back out i must have hit the bumper and nocked the fender flares loose on the front about a half dozen times while getting stuck about every 50 feet due to the mud that i had displaced on the way in. I realized i had to fee the addiction yet again. I bought wheel spacers, tlarger more agressive tires, and d rings that i could use for pully points for self recovery. After getting all that on i still realized that i had to do something about the cheap plastic bumper. I started savin g money and looking for that good fix. Then i find a new bumper about a week ago. Problem solved for the moment. Then i realize after changing to an even more agressive; bigger tire; that on regular roads that i had lost a lot of power. withdrawls again. I was drained. I knew that the drug had a complete hold on me now. I started looking for new ring/pinion gears to get back some of the lost power i had. I also figure that i should start looking for a lockers since i would have the diffs open anyway.

to be continued........

coming soon: Corbeau Moab seats, JBA 6"lift

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:07 am 
Lifetime Member! LIBERTY OR DEATH
Lifetime Member!  LIBERTY OR DEATH

Nice. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:08 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Such is the life of a Jeeper! :lol:

Terry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:21 pm 

I think you had better join a differnet support group if you really wnat that "no" answer. I think we have the same addiction. I mean hobby.

Jeep Tech Files

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:56 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I took my stock Jeep off road for the first time last year and had the best time I have ever had on four wheels. I feel your pain.

-Michelin LTX AT2's (P235/70 R16)
-tow hooks (front) D-ring (back)
-graphite tail light guards
-K&N air filter

bluegrasslost member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:38 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Just wait till you have had the 4WD disease for over 35 years, 3 wives, 22 4WDs all modded
Dont even try and total up how much I have spent.... :roll: I could maybe retire now if I had invested all that $$$ instead of building and selling everything :lol:
Nah...that would not of been fun at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:29 am 
LOST Junkie

sounds about right. gotta get that fix. i cant stop either.