It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mac Book Pro?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:47 am 
LOST Member

Looking into buying one cuz im into audio and graphic/vid. production anyone know where to get one cheap?? i know refurbished are cheaper but still a lil pricey.. anyone know anywhere to get em cheap!?! :o :o :o 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :D :D

MODS
Dual Sound System
Lighting 12" Sub and amp
Painted Exterior Trim (Flat Black)
Light Bar w/ 4 super sport lights
BVG Basket
VHT'D

Needs:
Lifted
Skids
Winch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:10 pm 

watch Craigslist, but you aren't going to get to good of a deal. They hold there value to well. for the price you may save, IMHO I wold suggest getting it through Apple, at least you get the warranty, just in case. Take a look at there speciality stores also, there is a good discount for students and government employees.

Jeep Tech Files

Post subject: Re: Mac Book Pro?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:22 pm 
LOST Junkie

zzack92 wrote:
Looking into buying one cuz im into audio and graphic/vid. production anyone know where to get one cheap?? i know refurbished are cheaper but still a lil pricey.. anyone know anywhere to get em cheap!?! :o :o :o 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :D :D

Define "audio and graphic / video." Because unless you are referring to professional graphic arts, you can do audio
(iTunes, etc) and digital video editing (Final Cut or Avid) on a MacBook too. And if you go MacBook (not MacBookPro), do not buy additional RAM from Apple. It's too expensive. OWC is one of the best places to buy Apple certified RAM for a lot less!

As for discounts, your best bet is Apple's Refubished Shop. No one discounts brand new Macs. Stay away from stealbay (ebay).

Hopes this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:22 pm 
LOST Member

nah im definatly into more indepth audio and graphics and just entertainment things that come from apple but ya i have a dell inspiron e1505 and wanna sell it to get some money then beg the parents to help me buy it

MODS
Dual Sound System
Lighting 12" Sub and amp
Painted Exterior Trim (Flat Black)
Light Bar w/ 4 super sport lights
BVG Basket
VHT'D

Needs:
Lifted
Skids
Winch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:49 pm 
LOST Member

I read an article bout 2 weeks ago that said Apple notified their retailers to put stock orders in for a 4 week supply of current Mac Books. This hinting of course they soon would be stopping production of the current models and be releasing the new version of the Mac Books. Wait a couple of weeks see if the new Mac Book comes out and the prices of the olds ones drop a bit. Other than that...check the prices of a refurb, or if you are a student or know someone who is a teacher you should be able to get a discount, last I checked...NJ teachers who showed their teaching licenses at the time of purchase got a discount. As for the student discount...the college you are attending would need to be signed up with Apple to offer their students discounts of equipment.

Hope is helps!

-Ryan

Cargo Shelf
Warn SDB-160 Driving Lights
5 MOAB's with Firestone Destination A/T's
245/70/16