It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Your Opinion: Pastafari 2012
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:57 pm 
LOST Addict

Since next spring will be here before you know it, it's already time to talk about the next event. I've already started throwing out ideas with Durangotang about the vision for 2012. Overall the event went great but there's a few things that I know now that I would tweak next time.

What I am thinking is what brings people to MOAB next year is Lost Jeep Safari with the usual daily trail ride schedule and group events such as the raffle and what have you. Pastafari would run parallel to this with several expedition-style overnight trips. Attendees can sign up for as many of the trips or none at all. For example:

Overnight at Dollhouse
Overnight at Blue Notch
Overnight at Comb Wash
Overnight at Beef Basin
Overnight on White Rim

Some people can spend the entire trip in the wilderness or pick and choose which part of Pastafari they want to participate in and hit the trails with the LJS the rest of the days.

1- Would you consider coming out to Moab, UT next year?
2- Would you like to see a LOST Jeep Safari in 2012?
3- Do you see any value in running expedition trips as an alternative to daily trail rides?
4- If you answered "no" to any of the above is it due to JL Rockies involvement?
5- If you answered "yes" to any of the above is it due to JL Rockies involvement?
6- Would any of your answers change if there was another cool promotional cartoon?

Feel free to add your opinions as well, especially if there's actually a chance you'd make the trip.

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

Last edited by JL Rockies on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Your Opinion: Pastafari 2012 / LJS 2012
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:06 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Promotional cartoon is a must, I wouldn't consider going unless there was a new cartoon.

I'd love to do the Dollhouse again if it was two nights. Like to explore the areas hiking trails, walk down to the Colorado etc. Never been to Comb wash, Beef Basin, White Rim, so I'm game for that as well. Also would love to do Emigrant aka "Hole in the Rock" trail again. We can camp together out there. 3-4 days is good remote trail run.

If I go next year its going to be for 7-14 days. Not worth it for shorter.
I liked the on-your-own format this year, Those able to get out there before hand, we informally setup trail runs. Those that stayed a few days after setup their own runs. We had 3-4 jeeps the first couple of days and it was a very nice size group. Made having 9 for the trip to the Dollhouse almost seemed like a convention in comparison.

Everybody on the trip was great, except maybe that guy driving the yota. Never did catch his name... :SOMBRERO:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:19 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

1. You know i will be in Moab next year No matter what is going on.
2. A lost event would be great. It would be nice to have a trail schedule for every day and stick to it so you can decide what trails you want to do and what overnight runs can be done.
3.Yes,I love the expedition style runs.
6.Answers would not change but you have to have the cartoon.

2003 KJ Renegade, 5 speed, frankenlifted,Al's a Arms 4.5,Moabs 245/75/16 BFG KM2's, custom rock rails, full Mopar skids, Hella ff220 lights,Hd cooling,Front DTT,Riddler diff cover,Rola safari rack,Cobra 29 peaked & tuned.

Pastafari Alum, Pink shovel recipient

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:44 pm 
LOST Addict

bugnout wrote:
Promotional cartoon is a must, I wouldn't consider going unless there was a new cartoon.

I'd love to do the Dollhouse again if it was two nights. Like to explore the areas hiking trails, walk down to the Colorado etc. Never been to Comb wash, Beef Basin, White Rim, so I'm game for that as well. Also would love to do Emigrant aka "Hole in the Rock" trail again. We can camp together out there. 3-4 days is good remote trail run.

If I go next year its going to be for 7-14 days. Not worth it for shorter.
I liked the on-your-own format this year, Those able to get out there before hand, we informally setup trail runs. Those that stayed a few days after setup their own runs. We had 3-4 jeeps the first couple of days and it was a very nice size group. Made having 9 for the trip to the Dollhouse almost seemed like a convention in comparison.

Everybody on the trip was great, except maybe that guy driving the yota. Never did catch his name... :SOMBRERO:

One of the ideas on the table is a smaller group (6 vehicles) with a single destination being Dollhouse and maybe 2 nites instead of 1 and booking sites 1 and 2 since they are close together and better for the socializing. Of course, this would be if Pastafari was run parallel. If there's no desire to have an LJS this year and Pastafari was the only alternative for a spring event, we may have to explore possiblities of expanding within the NPS regs. I have to make some decisions about permits and whatnot in the next few months... early preparation was key to getting the most sought-after sites during the busiest time of year and I'm good like that.

I am going on a 3 day trip to Beef Basin this weekend primarily to scout out the Pastabilities.

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:13 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

JL Rockies wrote:
I am going on a 3 day trip to Beef Basin this weekend primarily to scout out the Pastabilities.

Post pics when you get back :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:24 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

1- Would you consider coming out to Moab, UT next year?
Yes, I would consider coming out to Moab, UT next year.

2- Would you like to see a LOST Jeep Safari in 2012?
Yes, I would like to see a LOST Jeep Safari in 2012

3- Do you see any value in running expedition trips as an alternative to daily trail rides?
Yes, an expedition trip just sound alot better than daily trail rides (IMO) and would be a
great oppritunity to explore some trails (for those able to go).

4- If you answered "no" to any of the above is it due to JL Rockies involvement?
N/A

5- If you answered "yes" to any of the above is it due to JL Rockies involvement?
Nothing to do with JL Rockies.

6- Would any of your answers change if there was another cool promotional cartoon?
No, my answers would not change.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:10 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'd go to MOAB again,no overnight camping for me(brings back to many not so good memories from deployments).Been stuck in a rut for the last 2 years with family issues(dad's dying) and legal issues(thank you mom you f*****g b***h),but the later issue has been 99.9% resolved(well according to the US DA).If I don't **** our new service manager between now and then I'm game for MOAB next year,as long as it's not in December as I'll be playing Halo4 so that time frame is out.

Ain't life fun :banghead:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:25 am 
LOST Addict

tjkj2002 wrote:
I'd go to MOAB again,no overnight camping for me(brings back to many not so good memories from deployments).Been stuck in a rut for the last 2 years with family issues(dad's dying) and legal issues(thank you mom you f*****g b***h),but the later issue has been 99.9% resolved(well according to the US DA).If I don't **** our new service manager between now and then I'm game for MOAB next year,as long as it's not in December as I'll be playing Halo4 so that time frame is out.

Ain't life fun :banghead:

So you'd be a proponent of a traditional LJS as a foundation and the whackos can stay in the wilderness if they want to. :CAMPING:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:15 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

1- Would you consider coming out to Moab, UT next year? Yes, planning on it.
2- Would you like to see a LOST Jeep Safari in 2012? Yes, Planning It.
3- Do you see any value in running expedition trips as an alternative to daily trail rides? Yes but not sure I'd go as there are several day trip trails w/ my name on them.
4- If you answered "no" to any of the above is it due to JL Rockies involvement? N/A
5- If you answered "yes" to any of the above is it due to JL Rockies involvement? No
6- Would any of your answers change if there was another cool promotional cartoon? huh?

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:01 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

JJsKJ wrote:
2- Would you like to see a LOST Jeep Safari in 2012? Yes, Planning It.

Well that is good news!! :SOMBRERO:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:36 am 
LOST Member

I have been wanting to do White Rim for years. It gets my vote, but I would do any of the listed overnight trips.

1- Yes
2- Yes
3- Yes
4- N/A
5- I don't have the history here that a lot of people here do, but the bottom line is JL pulled off one heck of a 2011 trip.
6- It might not change my answers, but we need a cartoon.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:58 pm 
LOST Junkie

If its in the Spring I would deff be intrested in going. I'll be back from Afghanland then and have all my new parts on the Libby :lol: (The parts pile is growing lol)

1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3897619/2005-jeep-liberty-sport-sport-utility-4d

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:28 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

KJ_WHEELER_2010 wrote:
If its in the Spring I would deff be intrested in going. I'll be back from Afghanland then and have all my new parts on the Libby :lol: (The parts pile is growing lol)

Hey wheeling buddy, we could meet up in KY somewhere and drive on over there.

We're both in! :BANANA:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:12 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

stirrings...... viewforum.php?f=145

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hmmmm....... :JEEPIN: 8)

2003 KJ Renegade, 5 speed, frankenlifted,Al's a Arms 4.5,Moabs 245/75/16 BFG KM2's, custom rock rails, full Mopar skids, Hella ff220 lights,Hd cooling,Front DTT,Riddler diff cover,Rola safari rack,Cobra 29 peaked & tuned.

Pastafari Alum, Pink shovel recipient

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:33 pm 
LOST Addict

JJsKJ wrote:
stirrings...... viewforum.php?f=145

Seems lame so far.

I have been corresponding with our own Durangotang, who as you know, was pivital in the planning of Pastafari. Well, it seems he will be delayed in Afghanistan until the summer which really blows away the possibility of having a Spring Pastafari in 2012. If we do it, it will be in the Fall but without proper planning time it would be tough for many who came from so far last year.

So for now, the Pastafari facebook page is still open and I will be updating it from time to time. Be on the lookout for the next cartoon.