It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: My near death experence (PLEASE READ)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:00 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

KJCowboy17 wrote:
nope not fun at all, had to do it 2 times, once for the first time i was in, and when i swapped services again :evil: it literally feels like someone is injecting pcn into your buttcheek.

glad your ok though! agree also on getting tested, you never know.

AGAIN, like I said before I really do not want to get tested. After what happen to me Monday, best thing is to stay away from anything Penicillin related, remotely related and Penicillin itself.
I almost DIED, I don't want to do that AGAIN. :(

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:02 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

bunkermonkeycw wrote:
:shock: WT Heck!
:? How didn't you know already? Never taken it I guess...
:D Your OK!

I've taken Penicillin and it's cousins my whole life, and this has never happen. I highly think me taking allergy shots within the past 2yrs might have something to do with it. That means a trip to the Allergy doctor. Going back to the doctor today. Still don't feel good.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:06 pm 
LOST Newbie

blackwidowkj06 wrote:

I've taken Penicillin and it's cousins my whole life, and this has never happen. I highly think me taking allergy shots within the past 2yrs might have something to do with it. That means a trip to the Allergy doctor. Going back to the doctor today. Still don't feel good.

darn, well glad to hear you're alright.

After talking to the fiancee, She said because youve taken penicillin before and never had this happen, it could be an additive that was in the injection they gave you. Hope the doc makes note of it and they monitor it on a moving forward basis. She's dealt with a severe peanut allergy all of her life and had to carry an epipen for years.

Keep us updated!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:25 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thanks man. It's been almost a month since this has happened. Since then I've been to LOST ECS 2011, off-roading around where I live and working on the Liberty. I'm doing better and just blessed to still be here. God knew it wasn't my time to go and only he decides when it's my time to go.

This young woman is still kickin' and wheelin'!
:JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:35 pm 
LOST Member

I was allergic to Penicillin as a child.. found out when I had pnemonia at age 5 or 6

Interestingly, I grew out of this as an allergin and have had penicillin since.

I did however have a minor surgery and when I came to, went into shock. Don't know if it was from the stuff they game my to put me under or if it was a reaction to some antibiotic.

Glad you're okay, scary stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:32 am 
LOST Member

Glad to hear you made it! I also have a deadly reaction to penicillin, lost my airway and almost died once too.

2006 Sport 4X4, Deep Beryl Green, NSG370, NV241J, Lifted with OME 927/948 and Bilstein, JBA 4.5 UCA's, Custom 3" Rear Y-Link Extension and Swaybar Relocation, 265/75-16 Toyo Open Country AT2 tires, Black Plastidipped bumpers, flares, and doors, Pioneer speakers, Alpine head unit, 1200w Phoenix Gold Amp, 12" Dayton Reference sub.