It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Any other Libby owners who are truck drivers?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:25 am 
LOST Member

Just wondering. Me? Up until this week, I was a local driver, but poor equipment maintenance and a less than professional atmosphere has caused me seek employment elsewhere. I'm going back to being a long haul driver who will run from PA to Florida and the Gulf Coast most of the time, but will sometimes run out to California and chase after produce to bring back east. On the Florida runs, I'll be gone 5-6 days, and if I get a CA run, it'll be about 12 days out.

245/75R16 Firestone Destination A/T

Post subject: Re: Any other Libby owners who are truck drivers?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:37 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

I've ran off and on for years, was a bedbugger back in the mid 80s , bought a new Pete and ran for North American Van lines then paid the truck off in 11 months, back when you could still make a dime. Drove off and on for a buddy mostly quick trips from Ohio to Fl leave Friday evening back Sunday night, also hauled doubles for a company for about a year at night while having a full time day job loved hauling doubles in the winter :ROTFL:
In 2000 ran Charlotte to LA with Tshirts unload them load produce and back to Charlotte , leave Sunday afternoon late and back late Thursday night/early Friday, sleep for a day and party till time to leave again!
2002-2003 ran flatbed hauling lumber out of Ohio, Pa, WV to the furniture places in NC and SC
Always had long nose Petes with Cats under the hood, if they didn't run a 100 at least I wouldn't own them :lol:
Anymore all the fun is gone, stupid regulations, computers, too much BS they want to know where you are within 50 foot at all times. How are you suppose to stop at the fun places.
One of the reasons why I do what I do know
but there are times when I wish it was 2:30 AM, full moon, straight flat smooth road, light load thats paying me well, seat dropped low,with the 8 inch straights talking back to me :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:39 pm 
LOST Member

tommudd wrote:
but there are times when I wish it was 2:30 AM, full moon, straight flat smooth road, light load thats paying me well, seat dropped low,with the 8 inch straights talking back to me :wink:

I never quite gets out of your blood, does it? I've tried a few times to hang up the keys, but I've always gone back. I suppose I've diesel running through my veins (should have bought a CRD). In spite of the regulations, I still enjoy the open road. For me, even with the regs, there is still much more "freedom" than in a traditional factory, warehouse, or office job.

245/75R16 Firestone Destination A/T

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:54 pm 
LOST Addict

I just go into it. I do Pressure Fracing and have my CDL for driving now. Are rigs range from 65k to 128k

4'' RK LA, 35's KM2's, Warn front bumper, Warn rear bumper with tire swing, Warn gas skid, Nth oil skid, 4.88's, Alloy axles shafts F&R, Rokmen Corner armor with led's, and Rokmen sliders, custom back-up lights from gen-right, piaa 510's, IPF green glow fatboy's up front.