It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: iphone and jeep
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:10 pm 
LOST Junkie

what is the best hookup device to charge and play music in the truck through the speakers? for iphone

-Rock Lizard Super Skink Sliders(custom)
-Engine skid, Skidrow Transmission skid
-4" Lift - JBA 4.5 Gen A-arms
Installed@165,920k
Pilot lights on cowl
Engine replacement at 175k

Post subject: Re: iphone and jeep
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:23 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Vranes17 wrote:
what is the best hookup device to charge and play music in the truck through the speakers? for iphone

Aftermarket headunit I would say.
Either one with an AUX in, or made for the Iphone.
There is a new Sony one that came out that the whole phone slides into. But I think that is more for iPods than iPhones.
Some newer headunits also act as Bluetooth speakers for devices which is awesome. Just make sure your phone's BT is on and it transfers the audio instantly.

They do sell iPhone/iPod adapters for Chrysler headunits, but those are usually the same price as an aftermarket unit. It's very easy to swap a headunit.

I guess in the end.. New Headunit, lol.

Enjoy!
8)

4.10s sitting in a box - 3

Sold-1988 Suzuki Samurai
2002 Jeep TJ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:12 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

all the info that you need right here http://wjjeeps.com/audioupgrade.htm

what i have done is gotten a XM/Sirius line-in control box that is made for chrysler vehicles that plugs into the line-in that is made for the cd changer, and i have my iphone pluged into that... what i am planning on doing next is getting a bluetooth audio bridge that will playback my music over bluetooth to a line-in

with XM/Sirius line-in control box that i have i can swich from the RBQ 6 disk in dash player the line-in and to the 10 disk changer that i have in the back of the jeep

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:15 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I have an 08 KK and a iPhone 4s, I have an Axu socket in my stock radio.I bought a cable and just today got all my CD's loaded on my phone.I can know play all my CD's without changing a disk.Plus I got ear buds and can listen to it at work.
My KK also has a AC plug.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:54 pm 
LOST Addict

Peripheral makes two pieces: iPod2car and PXDX. I used the PXDX and a JL Audio CL-SES to route signal from my Sat radio, overhead video, iPod, CB and Nav through the factory radio. Many aftermarket decks are bags of smashed asholes in a shiney wrapper.

It's too bad this forum doesn't have a search function or an electronics section so this covered information can be found easily.

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.