It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Gas Prices..... WTF?!?!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:14 pm 
LOST Member

$4.19 here, wooooo. We have two Jeeps to fillup, lucky for us, wife only works 5 miles from home, but the stop-n-go traffic really kills the MPG to 9-10MPG. So she usually has to fill-up once every 2 weeks, as long as she only drives it to work/back and locally for groceries. We usually use my Jeep on the weekends to go out or further drives.

This just means I can't get regular coffee every so often or just eat at home for one of the (few) days we usually go out, no biggie. We just have to learn to adjust and prepare to pay more for goods and whatnot.

Current gas price, $4.19 x 15 gallons (my usual fillup) = $62.85
If gas is $5, $5 x 15 = $75

Difference: $12.15

So that would equal to grabbing out lunch for myself 1 day, or coffee for my wife and I.

Once gas breaks $5 a gallon, then I'll be wishing my wife picked a better MPG vehicle lol. What's really killing me now is the darn I-Pass. Went from $16 a month to $50 a month!!!! local roads would drive up the cost, since it would eat up more gas and time.

:JEEPIN: :JEEPIN:

Post subject: Gas Prices..... WTF?!?!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:26 pm 
LOST Newbie

I fill up my jeep every week, it costs about 183 usdX4 per mounth, just to get to and from work.

I work as a CNC operater and my income is about 4000 dollars per mounth minus tax (about 30%) wich means I buy gas for about 1/4 of my income every mounth.

Felstavningarna beror på iPhone.