It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trip from PA or OK .. do i take the KJ or GTO???
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:59 pm 
LOST Addict

What should i take? it's an 18.5 hour drive... almost 1200 miles one way. the trip will be started in the middle of march.. and i'll be returning the middle of may.
specs.

06 KJ 3.7 6 speed. 54,000 miles Frankenlifted with 4.10's and detroit in the rear. has been wheeled hard. Recently changed both front CV's, intermediate shaft, front driveshaft, rad, coolant, oil, rad hoses. has almost new BFG KM2's (265/75/16's).. takes regular gas and gets about 20mpg highway 16 city. I carry a full size spare and a lot of tools as well as 'what if' items... pretty much everything to fix anything on my jeep. The jeep drives perfect with no shakes, shimmys, or pulls.. smooth as glass. I've owned the jeep since it was new.

04 Pontiac GTO 5.7 L V8 6 speed, 60,000 miles. Recently changed, idler pully, water pump, rad hoses, thermostat, coolant, oil, new tires (high performance summer tires). has headers, catless exhaust, cold air intake, and tune. Has a donut for a spare.. no tools or 'what if' items. Takes premium gas but gets 24mpg highway 18 city. The GTO drives perfect with no shakes, shimmys, or pulls.. smooth as glass. bought the GTO wrecked and then fixed it.. have since put 12k miles on it.

online gas calculator says it will be about $60 cheaper to take the GTO even with premium gas.

GTO is more 'fun' to drive.. but has less room inside.. and is not very good in heavy rain.. almost undriveable in snow/ice. The seats are 100x more comfortable then the jeeps. its effortless to drive.

Jeep is a brick crap house.. unphased by any weather.. but does sail like boat in wind. most expensive even with cheap gas. No slouching seat position is more like a chair and pretty nice for a really long trip.

Post subject: Re: Trip from PA or OK .. do i take the KJ or GTO???
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:08 pm 
Only in a Jeep!
Only in a Jeep!

I'd take the CRUISER!!!!! 8)

3.5" R.E Superflex Lift, R.E Quick Disconnects, R.E Rear Driveshaft, SYE, OME Steering Stabilizer, ARB Diff Covers, JW Speaker Black Heated Headlights, Mickey Thompson 16x8 wheels, 245/75r16 Toyo Open Country AT's, 15 lb Powertank

2003 KJ Sport (BLACK) 230,000+Miles (Decommissioned)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:17 pm 
LOST Addict

03CDKJ wrote:
I'd take the CRUISER!!!!! 8)

i love the cruiser!! it's even got wood. 2002 with 53k miles.. heated leather/suede seats.. remote start.. and you can haul a small house inside it with the back seats out and front folded flat. plus we got it from my aunt who gave it to us at the same price the BMW stealership was offering her on trade 8) :BANANA: so we got it at 1/4 the book value!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:44 pm 
LOST Junkie

I would deff take the GTO on a trip that long lol. I used to always grab the keys to my Camaro for longer trips. Those long stints of highway when nobodys around I could grab some gears and 140mph or faster if I had the balls :twisted: Plus I mean....ladies like sports cars :lol:

1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3897619/2005-jeep-liberty-sport-sport-utility-4d

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:49 pm 
LOST Addict

KJ_WHEELER_2010 wrote:
I would deff take the GTO on a trip that long lol. I used to always grab the keys to my Camaro for longer trips. Those long stints of highway when nobodys around I could grab some gears and 140mph or faster if I had the balls :twisted: Plus I mean....ladies like sports cars :lol:

hahah that's true... my lady is goin with me on the way down :).

my GTO 'did' stop at 160mph.... a little computer tuning and now it's a little quicker :twisted:

i think i'll take the goat. unless for some reason the weekend i need to travel to get down there is snowing like crazy in the midwest. if that's the case the jeep will be my wheels haha.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:41 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

but you have to consider all the crazy weather the mid west has been getting lately and might want to reconsider taking the HEEP, but either way it would be hard for me to choose cause i want a GTO and i love my HEEP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:42 am 
LOST Addict

CIEJEK'S KJ wrote:
but you have to consider all the crazy weather the mid west has been getting lately and might want to reconsider taking the HEEP, but either way it would be hard for me to choose cause i want a GTO and i love my HEEP

so you see where i'm going from! it's a hard decision.

its your lucky day... i'll sell you my GTO... and the price will be right!

Post subject: Trip from PA or OK .. do i take the KJ or GTO???
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:28 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Take the Jeep, and if you drive through KY don't be shy to pop in and say hello.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:22 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Man, I haven't been here in a while...Your jeep looks killer in green!

I vote GTO.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:46 pm 
LOST Addict

well drove the GTO. AWESOME road trip car. 1200 miles... averaged 25.5 mpg with the cruise set between 70 and 80 the entire way. The goat sure is a pleasure to drive on the highway for long distance.