It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I hope Politicians who pushed electric cars meet the same...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:26 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

....fate in November. Ford Focus Electric Car, zero sales for two months.
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2012 ... |FRONTPAGE

Dumb is dumb no matter what suffix you hang after your given name (D,R,L,I,C,S,...).

Of course, I would like to see every Global Warming Freak to be forced to buy an Electric car with out tax breaks and have to recharge it with solar panels paid for out of their own pocket. :idea:

Fuel cooler, Oil Separator, Progard 7
Gauges EGT Boost Trans Temp Oil Pres, Michelin LXT AT2 245 70 R16
7,000# Draw Tight hitch, PML EX Deep Trans Pan
Centrifuge, SunCoast, Transgo, RAM TCM, InMotion Stage 2
Wife's 99 TDI VW Beetle

Post subject: Re: I hope Politicians who pushed electric cars meet the sam
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:09 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I totally agree

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:00 pm 
LOST Newbie

Absolutely! Going green is getting on my nerves!

Mods- EHM, In tank Cummins lift pump, Red Samco Hoses, Cleaned MAP senso, and changed oil with full synthetic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:01 pm 
LOST Addict

Hey I went green I run bio diesel and the GDE tune that is as green as I will get.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:09 pm 
LOST Newbie

audiboy86 wrote:
Hey I went green I run bio diesel and the GDE tune that is as green as I will get.

Don't get me wrong, the reason I am buying a CRD Liberty is to run biodiesel in it. Not for green reasons, just because I drive so much, it will cost me way less. I am also going to get the GDE tune done. What GDE tune do you have, and what fuel mileage do you get with and without running biodiesel? Also, what percent do you run, B100?

Mods- EHM, In tank Cummins lift pump, Red Samco Hoses, Cleaned MAP senso, and changed oil with full synthetic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:13 pm 
LOST Addict

I am running the hot tune and I run between b20 to b50 and a lot of times without it and just regular ULSD. And when I was still stock height and skid plates I would pull around 24 around town and up to 27 on the highway. That is only when I would keep my foot at it and stop listening to the turbo whine. I also had a more open exhaust and v-6 air box with and Amsoil filter.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:31 pm 
LOST Member

will you all still laugh at me if I make an EV out of a Liberty?

• OME 790/948/90009/N32
  • Western Suburbanite 7'4" plow
  • DetoursUSA Backbone
  • HF 12k# winch
[SIZE="1"]WTB: project liberty near N.NJ. stick shift, 4x4, working motor optional, CHEAP[/SIZE]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:49 pm 
LOST Addict

Please no atleast if you do it make it electric assist like the new Ferrari main it goes from having like 320 to having like 515.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:05 pm 
LOST Junkie

We are having them pushed over here with proposals for recharging points at car parks etc., and I saw recharging points at Hamburg Hauptbahnhof when we were there in April. The trouble is that I think that electric cars are basically a leap forward into a dead end. They are heavy, and the batteries are a) not cheap, b) an eco nightmare to produce (from mining onwards and I've yet to see how they propose to recycle them), and c) What will they cost to replace when they get "worn" - as all rechargeable batteries do? You can't exactly swop them out like duracells. Also - where do people think the electricity comes from to charge them? Finally, there is the time it takes to recharge and the limited range. They are fine as short distance urban vehicles, but not really otherwise.

As soon as they crack cheap hydrogen manufacture and distribution - I suspect that fuel cell vehicles will take off in a major way. Mind you - I don't quite see a hydrogen jerry can for refuelling offroad!

Light Khaki 2.8CRD: TJM alloy bumper; Skid Row &Asfir skids;ext. breathers; SAMCO hoses; Grabber At3 235/70/16; Fumoto; Euro TC; Odyssey PC1500;GDE FTEcotune; OME lift; lightforce driving lights;ARB diff cover;nylon fan+Hayden2905;ss vortex exhaust; Airflow snorkel; Frontrunner roofrack; rock rails

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:54 am 
LOST Addict

We are getting recharging stations around here to mostly in larger cities and Green only parking. The problem with the current electric cars besides them being boring little Eco boxes is the fact that if you do have to replace the battery pack you can't replace just one. Like take the Prius for example it is like 10k to replace the battery pack. And by the time it comes to that the car isn't even worth it usually. So now you have a car that isn't worth the repair batteries that can't be recycled easily and a car that is to light to be worth anything in scrap. So basically you get and Eco friendly lawn ortament.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:02 am 
LOST Junkie

audiboy86 wrote:
We are getting recharging stations around here to mostly in larger cities and Green only parking. The problem with the current electric cars besides them being boring little Eco boxes is the fact that if you do have to replace the battery pack you can't replace just one. Like take the Prius for example it is like 10k to replace the battery pack. And by the time it comes to that the car isn't even worth it usually. So now you have a car that isn't worth the repair batteries that can't be recycled easily and a car that is to light to be worth anything in scrap. So basically you get and Eco friendly lawn ortament.

And that right there is what they dont expect you to think about when you're "saving the world"

03 Sport - SEMI DIGGERIZED, Surco Rack with Daylighters, OME Lift, Runcool Hood Louvers, RL Front Bumper and Super Skink Sliders, 31" BFG AT/KO on Soft 8s, Skid Row/Mopar Skids, 8k Smittybilt Winch with Synthetic Line.
MY BUILD: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=59628