It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Got a ticket... and a laugh
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:29 am 
LOST Newbie

I parked my '06 Jeep Liberty in a space that was not clearly defined as a parking space nor as a non-parking space. The strip of curb was in an area where if you parallel parked there would still be ample room for two cars to pass each other going in opposite directions... so many people have used the strip to park in parallel. Yesterday they decided to ticket all parking along that strip... I'm not mad nor going to fight it. Just a lesson learned... anyway, the parking ticket I got made me laugh when I looked down to see that my little Liberty was noted as... Jeep Wrangler! :ROTFL:

I've heard of people using the name Jeep as a universal term for all smaller 4X4s... but never heard of a Liberty being called a Wrangler.... must be the non-stock mud tires...

Post subject: Re: Got a ticket... and a laugh
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:59 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I got a ticket thrown out for the officer putting my vehicle color as yellow,also reversed the "at fault" accident to "no fault".Might want to check to see if wrong vehicle info is a reason to dismiss a ticket in your area.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:10 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tjkj2002 wrote:
I got a ticket thrown out for the officer putting my vehicle color as yellow,also reversed the "at fault" accident to "no fault".Might want to check to see if wrong vehicle info is a reason to dismiss a ticket in your area.

X2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:15 am 
LOST Newbie

that's funny... some of those parking tickets can be so irritating though, no matter how little the amount

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:57 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hum not the sharpest tool in the shed. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:54 pm 
LOST Member

I once got an exhibition driving ticket for going mudding behind my apartment building...I lived on the edge of town and it was literally an empty field. I had just put my grabber AT2's on and thought why the hell not, let's try em out. I was kinda doing a figure 8 or donuts or something when all of a sudden I noticed a cop standing outside of his car with his arms crossed staring right at me. I then attempted to drive out and promptly got stuck. The cop wrote me a ticket and waited until my friend with a tahoe came to pull me out.

2006 Sport 4X4, Deep Beryl Green, NSG370, NV241J, Lifted with OME 927/948 and Bilstein, JBA 4.5 UCA's, Custom 3" Rear Y-Link Extension and Swaybar Relocation, 265/75-16 Toyo Open Country AT2 tires, Black Plastidipped bumpers, flares, and doors, Pioneer speakers, Alpine head unit, 1200w Phoenix Gold Amp, 12" Dayton Reference sub.