It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Two Wheelers ?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:10 pm 
LOST Member

Hi guys, anyone into supermoto on here ? ... or motorcyles of any description come to that :mrgreen:

I've been a biker all my life, and currently tryin very hard to not lose my licience on my totally mental KTM :twisted:

What ya got ?

Post subject: Re: Two Wheelers ?
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:05 am 
LOST Member

Really ?? ... no bike-mad Jeepers on here like me ?? :D

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:02 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Have 2 Harley Davidson. 1988 Soft tail, and a 2007 full dresser. Is that your pup?

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:20 pm 
LOST Member

8) I love the idea of Harleys, but I get my kicks from "on the limit" cornering and braking which my moto does amazingly I have to say (I should know better at my age, but what the hey )

Yeah my avy is my 20 month old Staffy "Max" ... he's a loony :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:49 pm 
LOST Addict

I have a 1980 Kawasaki KE100 that I'm trying to get running.

A vehicle isn't yours till you learn to wrench on it yourself.

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport (Eugene, I am the Passenger, And I ride and I ride.)
1999 Chev Astro 2WD (Green, Daily Driver)
1997 Chev Astro AWD (Grumpy "The Heep", $250 Rally Van, 335k miles, 2" lift, 31" tires)

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:52 am 
LOST Member

I have a '93 Honda Shadow VLX that I've modded quite a bit. The stock gas tank has been split and widened and the stock filler neck was cut out and welded up, and two Harley Fat Bob filler necks were welded into either side. I installed a set of Jardine pipes. I installed a chrome radiator cover. I had the stock black diamond button tuck seat recovered with smooth grey vinyl with dark grey piping, and the original foam replaced with memory foam. It has a Hondaline crash bar, and back rest/sissybar. I made a small coffin-shaped luggage rack out of diamond plate aluminium. I replaced the stock mirrors with some small chrome ovals with recesses in them; I painted the recesses to match the color of the bike.
On Honda Shadows the front turn signals work as running lights and turn signals, the rears are signal blinkers only; the inner reflector/bulb mounts can be swapped from front to rear...I swapped the single element bulb mount from the rear lights to the fronts and then mounted some amber LED's inside of the housing. I used a pair of relays to power the LED's from the stock turn signal wiring. With a clear lens cover that allowed me to use an 1156 single element bulb as the running light, 23 watts versus 8 watts of the original running light. With the dual element bulb mounts in the rear signals I was able to tap into the running light on the fender. I dyed the amber lenses on the rear signals red using a simulated stained glass paint. All of that was done with no cutting of any factory wiring; all of the factory wiring uses bullet type connectors. I made up some small "Y adapters" with two wires inserted into one male connector, and a female connector on the end of each wire. Everything was "plug n play". I could return all of those mods back to stock.....If for some reason I wanted to.
I cut the stock tag light and tag off and replaced it with an LED bar that is also another running light. I mounted that on a bracket that I made out of aluminum that "pulls" the tag closer into the fender and follows the "line" of the rear tire better.
I installed a set of Kuryakyn large ISO pegs in the drivers (my) location, I cut the factory toe peg off of the shift lever and drilled it accept a Kuryakyn ISO shift peg made for a Harley. I also cut off the stock passenger peg mounting tabs and in their place I put on a set of clamp on, adjustable offset small Kuryakyn ISO pegs. I originally had the adjustable offset pegs on my crash bar, and I'll be getting another set to put back on there. Those pegs allowed me to kick my feet out and up when cruising down the highway, and I miss having them there.

ARB bumper, Mopar skids, JCR stage III's, Reese hitch with tractor lights, Champion shackle insert, "homebrew" on board air, 1000 watt inverter

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:17 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Always had Harleys until I moved a few years ago. Bought my first one in 1975 !
First one was a chopped Sporty, add in a 57 , 63, then a 85 FXRT Sport Glide I put over 90,000 miles on, through in some Honda dirt bikes, a 750 Kaw with a big bore kit in it, 883 Sportster with a Buell engine and overseas sprockets made some interesting rides
Built a couple that won a lot of trophys but that got boring real quick sitting arond waiting cause I wanted to ride
Where I live now is boring as all he** to ride plus the drivers try and kill you here so gave it up until I move back home

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:23 am 
LOST Member

There's a big Harley place close to where I live, I often get large groups of them comin past my house on the way there ... sounds like thunder :lol: 8)

This is my latest loony machine :mrgreen: ... I wont bore you with the long list of mods its had, but beleive me when I say ... it's brutal !!! and will wheelie off the throttle in the first 4 gears !!! :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:22 am 

Looks good ando!!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:16 am 
LOST Addict

Mmmmm, Motard. Do like. Wish I had the cash to pick up a Yamaha WR250X.

A vehicle isn't yours till you learn to wrench on it yourself.

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport (Eugene, I am the Passenger, And I ride and I ride.)
1999 Chev Astro 2WD (Green, Daily Driver)
1997 Chev Astro AWD (Grumpy "The Heep", $250 Rally Van, 335k miles, 2" lift, 31" tires)

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:44 pm 
LOST Member

Cheers fella's ... it really is a beast :twisted: , bristling with factory parts that was mostly done by the previous owner who must have spent an absolute fortune on it, so I got lucky, tho I have put a few quid into it myself :wink:

Here is the previous money pit which I completely rebuilt from the ground up, and this was also tuned to a lethel level :mrgreen: (can you see a patern forming :lol: )

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:31 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

No super moto here, like more of an adventure style bike but enjoy my bike like no other :pepper: Here's a couple pics of my 09 DR650SE 8)