It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: any rock climbers out there?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:50 pm 
LOST Junkie

Used to climb a lot abd then got out of it when cross country got serious, I broke put the harness a couple days ago and went to the gym. Pretty good time, topped out on a 5.9 and spent the rest of the time belaying and bouldering. Found a gash in the left leg strap and a small hole in both shoes, so I figured its a good enough time to get new equipment. Whats every one using and where all have you climbed? Ive been to pilot mountain a couple times but havent been in years.

03 Sport - SEMI DIGGERIZED, Surco Rack with Daylighters, OME Lift, Runcool Hood Louvers, RL Front Bumper and Super Skink Sliders, 31" BFG AT/KO on Soft 8s, Skid Row/Mopar Skids, 8k Smittybilt Winch with Synthetic Line.
MY BUILD: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=59628

Post subject: Re: any rock climbers out there?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:08 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

CoopaTroopa wrote:
Used to climb a lot abd then got out of it when cross country got serious, I broke put the harness a couple days ago and went to the gym. Pretty good time, topped out on a 5.9 and spent the rest of the time belaying and bouldering. Found a gash in the left leg strap and a small hole in both shoes, so I figured its a good enough time to get new equipment. Whats every one using and where all have you climbed? Ive been to pilot mountain a couple times but havent been in years.

i used to go a lot in wisconsin. vertical endeavors a lot too for indoor. i have a pair of 510 shoes and a pair of la sportiva shoes and a wild country harness. I used to have a black diamond harness but i think it was horribly made. My 510 shoes are for indoor and the la sportiva are for outdoor, a lot more protection and they are a little more flexible and bigger too. so i can walk on them too with out arching my foot lol

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:19 pm 
LOST Junkie

Im getting a pair of 5 10 quantum shoes to use and me and my girlfriend are out right now getting supplies to make chalk bags and pots

03 Sport - SEMI DIGGERIZED, Surco Rack with Daylighters, OME Lift, Runcool Hood Louvers, RL Front Bumper and Super Skink Sliders, 31" BFG AT/KO on Soft 8s, Skid Row/Mopar Skids, 8k Smittybilt Winch with Synthetic Line.
MY BUILD: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=59628

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:32 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I retired from rock climbing and marathon running when I was 26 years old. I’m now an avid backpacker and hiker. I’m currently hiking the highest point in each state and planning a future Kilimanjaro summit.

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.