It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
 Post subject: Arrrgh!!! I'm so tired of hearing about gun control!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:54 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

:banghead: sorry but I just have to vent.
How about people control? There are laws in place to keep firearms out of the hands of criminals but they don't work. By their very nature, criminals will break the law. There are groups of people who lie in wait for a tragedy, for some wacko to do an attrocious, unthinkable act of violence just to pass an "agenda". The media just takes the ball and rolls with it, mostly one sided. It's very frustrating when I hear "we have to do something, even if it's wrong, something has to be done". I think I heard that one on the news as some snide remark they say between stuff just to throw more crap out there. The truth is, when there's trouble and we need to defend ourselves, we use a weapon. If we don't have one, we call someone with one. Don't think for a minute that these people who want to remove one of our constitutional RIGHTS, not privileges, doesn't either have a gun or hired someone with a gun to protect them.
I'm sorry if my little rant offends anyone, but I feel there a lot of emotions are flowing around right now and we need to stop for a minute and look at all of the facts instead of this knee jerk reaction that the national media is trying to spawn. Fact is, the problem isn't guns it's people. Removing guns from honest peoples hands with a weak attempt at removing them from criminal's hands will only make it worse and violent crime will rise again.

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

Post subject: Re: Arrrgh!!! I'm so tired of hearing about gun control!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Preach it Brother!!

Gun control only works for the honest people, criminals don't care about Laws, that's why they are criminals!!

I wonder how many criminals with guns have a carry permit.

L.O.S.T. #DW090501

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:16 pm 
LOST Member

I agree. The media wants us to believe that guns are evil.

Let me set them straight.

ALL GUNS ARE INANIMATE SOME PEOPLE ARE EVIL.

That said, Wayne LaPierre (NRA president) could not have worse timing to state his proposal to have armed guards at all schools and to teach administrators and teachers to shoot and defend. Nevermind most urban schools already have armed law enforcement assigned to middle and high schools.

Although I have an interesting observation since this tragedy. The extreme right (NRA specifically) all of a sudden has a use for the (left) "overpaid" teachers.

To the media and those with a political agenda, would you be talking about car control if this nut would have stolen his mothers car and tragically ended 26 lives with it?

My family and I pray the survivors and families can someday find healing and peace.

2005 Blue KJ Sport CRD, GDE, Magnaflow muffler, Destination AT, Amsoil filters, Fumoto, Timing belt and waterpump @ 99,600, 11 blade nylon fan, 2905 hayden fan clutch, EURO TC

Arguing about whether the glass is half full or half empty misses the point: the bartender cheated you.
Unknown

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:15 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

What's offensive is the government wanting to take away our rights and the folks that preach taking away our rights as the right thing to do. The entire lot is a bunch of fools. But dare a respectful law abiding citizen speak up and he/she must be a demon of some sorts. Ohhhhhh brother don't get me going on how the current government and special interest groups (Clintons, NATO, terrorists-which ever flag they choose to fly) would LOVE to walk all over our Constitution and claim it's for our own good. It's much easier to over take a country when the people are unarmed and can't defend themselves.
People in this country need to WAKE UP to the government controlled media and it's true agenda(s).........
I could go on and on on this very subject but I know many would be offended (so sad) and it's hard to discuss this topic with out getting the current administration and past administrations true agendas out in the open.
So I shall bow out now while I can retain my membership.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:43 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

woodtick wrote:
I agree. The media wants us to believe that guns are evil.

Let me set them straight.

ALL GUNS ARE INANIMATE SOME PEOPLE ARE EVIL.

That said, Wayne LaPierre (NRA president) could not have worse timing to state his proposal to have armed guards at all schools and to teach administrators and teachers to shoot and defend. Nevermind most urban schools already have armed law enforcement assigned to middle and high schools.

Although I have an interesting observation since this tragedy. The extreme right (NRA specifically) all of a sudden has a use for the (left) "overpaid" teachers.

To the media and those with a political agenda, would you be talking about car control if this nut would have stolen his mothers car and tragically ended 26 lives with it?

My family and I pray the survivors and families can someday find healing and peace.

I don't know if you saw Wayne's whole statement or just the small part that was on television but here's a link to the transcript.
http://home.nra.org/iphone.aspx
It's not that he has bad timing asking for armed guard at our schools, he did this a long time ago. How many lives would've been saved had they listened instead of declaring those "gun free school zones" Funny how they pick stuff apart to make it appear the way they want it to.

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:40 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ted15 wrote:
Funny how they pick stuff apart to make it appear the way they want it to.

Again, it's government controlled media, not the news.
News is suppose to report the facts, not what they feel or what the government wants support of from it's sheeple as it stuffs it's agenda down our throats. Wonderful scare tactics and the sheeple are just stupid enough to nod their lil necks in agreement.
Notice also now how the media is all over any type of gun related act of any kind and puts the spin on it?
Where is the media reporting the robber, rapist or car jacker that got stopped with a gun from harming some one or their family? Oh that's right, only evil people own and use guns because it's so much easier to carry a cop on our backs than carry a gun that no one needs. Just tell that robber to wait a minute while ya dial 911, maybe you can talk it out while waiting for the cops to show up if they ever do.
Big Brother is doing a fine job........... :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:10 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Nuff said.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:14 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

^^^^^
Oh so true!
Hey by the way, ya have my desk top on my old pc! :pepper:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:33 pm 
LOST Junkie

I have been posting this around several forums:

Well I own several firearms - a revolver, semi-autos, single shot and bolt action.

It is a hobby and I used to hunt back in my younger days. Now I shoot for fun and if the need arises to defend myself and my loved ones. It is my right to defend myself from any and all who would deny me life, liberty and happiness (or my possessions which I don't really care about as they can be replaced.) I possess a License to Carry Firearms. Each time I purchase a firearm I have to fill out paperwork, show ID and pass a background check.

"I don't carry a weapon and look for trouble, I carry one in case trouble finds me."

Law abiding firearms owners have no desire to kill anyone or commit crimes.

Here is a long, but excellent article as to why more laws won't work:

An opinion on gun control « Monster Hunter Nation

Ignore anything from Obama's mouth. He considers his kids more important than yours:

Sasha and Malia Obama have 11 armed guards at their school
Sidwell Friends, a Washington, D.C. area private school, has 11 armed security guards and is apparently hiring an additional police officer. The reason that the not-at-all biased staff at Breitbart is bringing this to everyone's attention is because Sasha and Malia Obama attend Sidwell Friends, as did other First Kids like Chelsea Clinton, Tricia Nixon, and Archibald Roosevelt (where, presumably, he wasn't tormented for being named Archibald). "Shame on President Obama … for trying to prevent the parents of other school children from doing what he has clearly done for his own," Awr Hawkins wrote.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where was the liberal “outrage” over Clinton’s “COPS in School” federal grant program?
Another day, another sad yet infuriating adventure into “that was then, this is now” Democrat hypocrisy – via Bryan Preston:

The NRA came out with a proposal to post armed police officers at schools to prevent or at least minimize the next school shooting. The left promptly called the idea nuts.

Turns out, it wasn’t a new idea. President Bill Clinton proposed the same idea in April 2000.
Clinton Pledges Funds to Add Police to Schools - Los Angeles Times

He implemented it, too, only to see Barack Obama cut the funding for it.
The PJ Tatler » Report: Obama Cut School Security Funding
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
But by the end of their father's second term as President, Sasha will be 15, and Malia will be 18, and they'll have moved from sleepovers to college applications. At that point, they'll have lived much of their lives in Washington.

"They're smart, they're funny," President Obama told "Good Morning America's" Robin Roberts. "But most importantly, they're kind, they're respectful, they're responsible, they're well behaved. I could not ask for better kids."

Now there will be more milestones in that big White House, including homecomings, proms, learning to drive and first dates.

"I have men with guns that surround them -- often," Obama said, laughing.
Living in the White House: The Obama Family and the Next Four Years as First Daughters Sasha and Malia Grow - ABC News

L.O.S.T. #000202
2021 Compass

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:48 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

priell3 wrote:
Ignore anything from Obama's mouth. Shame on President Obama

Enough said............

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:31 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

BugginKJ wrote:
priell3 wrote:

Enough said............

Only 4 more years then the next 75 trying to correct all his f***ups.

Post subject: On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:29 am 
LOST Junkie

"Most of the people in our society are sheep. They are kind, gentle, productive creatures who can only hurt one another by accident." This is true. Remember, the murder rate is six per 100,000 per year, and the aggravated assault rate is four per 1,000 per year. What this means is that the vast majority of Americans are not inclined to hurt one another. Some estimates say that two million Americans are victims of violent crimes every year, a tragic, staggering number, perhaps an all-time record rate of violent crime. But there are almost 300 million Americans, which means that the odds of being a victim of violent crime is considerably less than one in a hundred on any given year. Furthermore, since many violent crimes are committed by repeat offenders, the actual number of violent citizens is considerably less than two million.

Thus there is a paradox, and we must grasp both ends of the situation: We may well be in the most violent times in history, but violence is still remarkably rare. This is because most citizens are kind, decent people who are not capable of hurting each other, except by accident or under extreme provocation. They are sheep.

I mean nothing negative by calling them sheep. To me it is like the pretty, blue robin's egg. Inside it is soft and gooey but someday it will grow into something wonderful. But the egg cannot survive without its hard blue shell. Police officers, soldiers, and other warriors are like that shell, and someday the civilization they protect will grow into something wonderful.? For now, though, they need warriors to protect them from the predators.

"Then there are the wolves," the old war veteran said, "and the wolves feed on the sheep without mercy." Do you believe there are wolves out there who will feed on the flock without mercy? You better believe it. There are evil men in this world and they are capable of evil deeds. The moment you forget that or pretend it is not so, you become a sheep. There is no safety in denial.

"Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."

http://mwkworks.com/onsheepwolvesandsheepdogs.html

L.O.S.T. #000202
2021 Compass

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:47 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

OK remember we are a non political forum here
watch your step and choose your words wisely

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:05 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tommudd wrote:
OK remember we are a non political forum here
watch your step and choose your words wisely

Which is why I HAVE to walk away from this discussion stepping on my tongue (fingers) to keep from typing something I may regret.....
Freedom of speech also ends at a privately owned forum, which some, including myself forget at times. :shock:
As ya know Tom you and I can have different views and healthy debate(s) but still shake hands and walk away from it being friends. A little too hard to do over the generic internet...........
Now dang it! Bring back Wadded Panties! Digger needs something to do! :ROTFL:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:53 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tjkj2002 wrote:
BugginKJ wrote:
priell3 wrote:

Enough said............

Only 4 more years then the next 75 trying to correct all his f***ups.

this^

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:23 pm 

OK you were warned

Off Topic but not Irresponsible
Keep it RESPECTFUL and this forum will remain open! NO Politics or Religion. IF YOU ARE POSTING SPAM OF LINKS TO OTHER CRAP SITES...PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. IT WILL BE DELETED.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]