It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Halloween Run with Ranger Greg on October 25th
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:41 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Hey Everyone,
Here is another fun trail we will be doing. Its the Miller Jeep Trail in the Gorman area. The trail is rated high moderate to difficult. Minimum 32" tires, lift and armor are required, if you have one locker even better. The trail is a lot of fun and its pretty long. Plan to be out on the trail most of the day. Bring plenty of water and lunch for the day. We will meet at the Jack in the Box in Frazier Park. The address is 73 Frazier Mountain Park Rd, Lebec 93243. We will meet at 830 and leave for the trail at 9am. Hope to see you guys out there, this trail is a blast! Please post up if you plan on going.

thanks

Hey Everyone,
There is a change of plans for this run On the 25th. Instead of Running Miller Jeep Trail, we will be doing a Halloween Run with Greg Hoffman. Anybody thats been on Gregs runs know how fun they are and they are filled with history and other cool stuff. I am not sure yet the meeting location and the time, but I will know in a few days. So please mark your calendars and come on out. This trail will probably rated easy to moderate, so anyone can make. Please come along. MILLER JEEP TRAIL IS CANCELLED FOR NOW.

thanks

See Complete info below

Hello Adopt-a-Trail Clubs!

It's that time of year once again!!! Time to get 'spooked out' in the Forest!

Meeting at Big Bear Discovery Center at 0830 and leaving at 0845.

Many people have come to our Forest with hopes to 'get away from it all!!.' MANY DID. From as far back as written history provides us, our forest has been witness to thousands of humans that lost their lives in a cadre of methods. From 'accidental' to 'mysterious' even 'incomprehensible and phenomenal tales of individuals ultimate dates with fate.'

First, we will be 'passing' through the 'haunts' of venerable Holcomb Valley. After we visit the often touted 'spirit-filled graveyard', we'll be off to drive up and over White Mountain Road (Black Diamond) 'site of many dreadful crashes and bizarre tales'. Next, we'll stop for a 'break' at Horse Spring Campground in hopes to 'rattle some bones and revive some souls'. Returning to Big Bear Valley (by 1630) via the infamous 'disgusting ghost story alley' 3N14.

Come, 'ONLY if you dare.' However, please be a 'prudent soul.' Bring a vehicle that is capable to maneuver over a black diamond obstacle course that can lead to 'serious injury or ???'. Dress your 'bodies' in layers of clothing to prevent 'hypodermic death or heat exhaustion in misery.' Please remember to bring treats to prevent 'starvation on the trail.' Lots of cool liquids to 'prevent death by dehydration.'

Have a CB or Ham radio to help you 'unravel the many mysteries of the forest' to be had.

'Until then, have a bloodcurdling week!!!!'

Ranger Greg

Post subject: Re: Miller Jeep Trail - Saturday October 25th
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:48 pm 
LOST Newbie

I'll be there

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:48 pm 
LOST Newbie

I'm in for this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:11 pm 
LOST Junkie

Interested, but might i thought I heard this trail was hard. I will check out some you tube videos. And any more info or comments would help.

Lifted by JEEPIN BY AL - Get yours by following my link

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:34 pm 
LOST Newbie

We will be there for this one. Are we all traveling there in a group?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:36 pm 
LOST Newbie

I am in how about we caravan together in a group

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:37 am 
LOST Member

E2 wrote:
Interested, but might i thought I heard this trail was hard. I will check out some you tube videos. And any more info or comments would help.

Hey Eddy! Come on out, haven't seen you in years! You will be fine with this trail. What will you be driving?

5.5 Rubicon Express long arm suspension lift. Hanson front and rear bumpers,Warn Winch, IPF offroad lights. Front ARB locker, 410 G2 gears & Boulder Bars.

Post subject: Re: Halloween Run with Ranger Greg on October 25th
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:38 am 
LOST Member

Oh, and I'm in. Not sure which Jeep I'm bringing, luv to bring the XJ if the cooling system is working.

5.5 Rubicon Express long arm suspension lift. Hanson front and rear bumpers,Warn Winch, IPF offroad lights. Front ARB locker, 410 G2 gears & Boulder Bars.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:48 pm 
LOST Newbie

:pepper: This is going to be real fun. I have been ready to wheel for weeks and Rebecca has been to. She is even turning down a Halloween party to go to... I told her we could have her Grandma take her and her reply was "no I want to wheel" that a girl. LOL she is my kid.So we are ready to " Get Lost" . See you all there. :pepper:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:52 pm 
LOST Newbie

Wish I could go, but I'm committed to a trip to Dumont.

I was up at white mountain a few weeks ago.
Its doable in a stock XJ so any of you should be just fine.

The geocache on that trail is missing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:46 pm 
LOST Newbie

:pepper: I'm in