It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PIAA 520 Wiring Diagram
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:20 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Does anyone have a set of Piaa 520's? Mine were installed professionally last time around so I need a helping hand with this one. I wish I had taken pictures, but I'll try to describe it accurately: The set of 3 wires coming from the switch to the connector are Red(hot?), Black(Negative?) and White(neutral/ground?). However, 2 of the wires on the other half of the connector are white with red dashes and the other is black with red dashes. My question is, how are these connected? Do you simply line up the two ends of the connector and ground the one out that mates up to the white wire? Thanks for any help. When it comes to electronics or wiring, my brain shuts off.

DynoMax Ultra Flow SS Muffler
Amsoil Ea "Absolute Efficiency" Air Filter
Nokian Vatiiva 235/70/R16 Tires
Pixeldzn's "RENEGADE" decals
Support the 2nd Amendment - It's your right!

Last edited by SavageUrge on Mon May 14, 2007 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:30 pm 
LOST Junkie

well i am not much help but iam sure black is always ground on a vehicle! If i was there i could wire it without hesitation but to not actually see it is very hard to picture.

2003 Jeep Liberty(KJ) Renegade,235/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors 245/75/16 MTR's,Factory Skids, Selec-Trac,trac lock,Husky Floor Liners,OME Lift,948 rear/926 front,Rusty's strut plate,clevis 2.5 "s, Al's UCA's Gen 4.5.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:12 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I found a diagram online. It is for the power to the switch which has a red light for off and green for on, or maybe that's backwards, but anyway you get what I mean. Sorry, it's late and I'm tired :?
Here it is for anyone who needs it - it was tough to find!
If you are having trouble reading it, just save it onto your computer and you can enlarge it using Windows Pic and Fax viewer. I printed it out and it was actually bigger than the paper in landscape mode, so you may need to make it smaller by about 20% if you want to print the whole thing. Or you can use the Zoom function in the Mozilla browser, which is what I do because I don't use IE.

DynoMax Ultra Flow SS Muffler
Amsoil Ea "Absolute Efficiency" Air Filter
Nokian Vatiiva 235/70/R16 Tires
Pixeldzn's "RENEGADE" decals
Support the 2nd Amendment - It's your right!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:30 pm 
LOST Addict

i just installed these 540 lights, and the wiring and switch is the same. i put the "switched" power wire directly to a constant hot wire under the dash. so that green light on the switch is always on(yes green means off, and red means on, im not sure why that is) im not sure if that little green LED will kill my battery or not? i wanted to be able to run these lights whenever i want, not only switched hot when the highbeams are on, or fog lights, or low beams etc. what would have been a better choice as a ignition hot wire under the dash? so that my ignition has to be on for the lights to work. i dont mind that the lights work with the key on or off. i just dont want it to drain power from that little light, not sure if it will or not as it sits now.

im not sure if that green switch light is supposed to be on ALL the time no matter how you have the switched power run. does anybody have these lights, and is that light always on?