It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Engine Misfire / Engine Codes
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:46 pm 
LOST Newbie

Just thought I'd let everyone know that the other day my engine (2004 3.7L, 37K) started misfiring; kicked up 2 codes, a p0304 and a p2311. I found the p0304 (cylinder #4 misfire) in the forums here but for the life of me I could not find out what the p2311 was (the code lists in lostkjs.com forums don't cover something to the nature of p1000 and up); I discovered on another website that it is a "Ignition Coil Secondary # 4 Circuit." A.k.a., you have a bad coil for the #4 cylinder, replace it. If anybody else if having a problem locating codes there is a complete breakdown at the following site (although it is for 99-04 WJs it cooresponds to 02-04 KJs just the same):

http://www.wjjeeps.com/faultcodes.htm

Hope this helps anyone who needs it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:32 pm 
LOST Newbie

FYI,
If you can get the 4 book set of dio books from ebay they are well worth having. I picked up a set for 30 bucks delivered.
Dave

Post subject: engine misfire/ valve spring problem
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:43 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have an '02 Jeep Liberty, 28,800 miles, and the valve spring on #3 cylinder broke, they tell me that this is an inherent problem with the Liberty, anyone else have a problem with this?? Thank god I took the 10yr. 100,000 extended warranty when I bought it new. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:49 pm 
LOST Newbie

The Haynes Repair Manual can always help you out with codes in a bind (about 16 bucks). It is inexpensive and can help you with all kinds of stuff. I recently had a P0320 code pop up....after my check engine light came on as well. The engine basically kicked and lost alot of power....ends up after a bit of research it was the crank sensor and also replaced the cam sensor too for good measure.

02' Liberty Sport 4x4
W/ Tow & Offroad Pack
2.5 Rusty's Suspension Lift
Some Thule stuff...K&N...yada...yada...
265/75/16 BFG AT's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:53 am 
LOST Newbie

I am having a similar problem.....2 cylinder misfire 2&6... Loss of power and rough running after replacing coils....could it be crank sensor and cam sensors?? I am at a loss for this one. Had codes P0302 & P0306 come up prior to this. they have been cleared and have not come back since coils were replaced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:07 am 
LOST Addict

Thanks for the link.

Post subject: Engine Knocks / Misfires
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:12 pm 
LOST Member

If this is such a common problem with the Liberty - I was hoping someone could shed alot more light on this subject then what can be found here at LOST. I see a few more people are having this problem besides myself or have had the same issues. There is no REAL Details as to what was found or what the fix could be. My KJ is with my mechanic now, and has been for almost a week. I am hoping that someone hear can REALLY shed some light on this subject since eveyone is saying "Common" problem, and more detail other then remove your valve covers and you will find the "Problem" more detail is needed and I am sure "ALL" of us who has had this issue or is experincing it will benefit form the experince and expertise of the LOST Members. Thanks much and looking forward to some real details and answers.

2003 Liberty Sport
3" Inch Lift / Atlantic Blue / Ram-Air Intake
31x10.50-15" Pro Comp Xterrains / MT Classic II's

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2212206/

Post subject: Re: Engine Knocks / Misfires
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:33 pm 
LOST Addict

afornal wrote:
If this is such a common problem with the Liberty - I was hoping someone could shed alot more light on this subject then what can be found here at LOST. I see a few more people are having this problem besides myself or have had the same issues. There is no REAL Details as to what was found or what the fix could be. My KJ is with my mechanic now, and has been for almost a week. I am hoping that someone hear can REALLY shed some light on this subject since eveyone is saying "Common" problem, and more detail other then remove your valve covers and you will find the "Problem" more detail is needed and I am sure "ALL" of us who has had this issue or is experincing it will benefit form the experince and expertise of the LOST Members. Thanks much and looking forward to some real details and answers.

Remove the valve cover would refer to a possible cracked/broken valve spring or a bad rocker arm, which are know to occur with the 3.7's. You can't see these with the valve cover on.

Original Old L.O.S.T. #000354

Nick's Pics & Mods click here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/531173
http://www.survivaltopics.com/forums/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:27 pm 
LOST Member

Thanks for more input - I understand that the problem lies under the valve covers, I was looking for additional information as to how hard of a job this maybe to repair, How long it takes, What kind of costs are involved in parts, If it is a broken spring, the should "ALL" be replaced? How about the rocker arms themselves? If one is bad repalce all? Sorry I am looking for MORE details details details...... having all the details that our members share helps others understand what they are up against. Thanks again for your input and reply. :D

2003 Liberty Sport
3" Inch Lift / Atlantic Blue / Ram-Air Intake
31x10.50-15" Pro Comp Xterrains / MT Classic II's

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2212206/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:41 pm 
JEEPZILLIA
JEEPZILLIA

WOW. I had no idea this thread was going on.
I have been having a missfire on 5 and 6. it happend to me once in the winter and I thought it was because my AC comp was going bad at that time. well the error codes went away after a few days and did not come back untill about 2 weeks ago. 2 days after I replaced my compressor and plugs it came back. CEL started to flash and then SOLID, and then the engin really ran like CRAP untill it stalled. I turned it off for a moment and fired it back up and it ran GREAT. But CEl stayed on for a day. I rechecked all my coils and plugs. I rotated my 5 and 6 coils with 1 and 2. Error code came back a day later with still 5 and 6. I checked injectors, coil packs and I even traced wires to find any damage. ALL CHECKED OUT FINE!

I am at a wall rite now my self........

Moabs and plenty of pin striping
Flexable people don't get bent out of shape!
Current MPG 6" to a gallon
L.O.S.T. # BL065211
www.ItAtYourHome.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:33 pm 
JEEPZILLIA
JEEPZILLIA

Any updates to these issues?

I am still haveing my problem and I just can not seem to solve it.....

Moabs and plenty of pin striping
Flexable people don't get bent out of shape!
Current MPG 6" to a gallon
L.O.S.T. # BL065211
www.ItAtYourHome.com

Post subject: Re: Engine Misfire / Engine Codes
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:07 am 
LOST Newbie

Found this old thread and I am also having the same problem. The code was P2311 and switching coil pack #4 and #1 changed it to P2302.
Still trying to figure this out.

2005 KJ Renegade, 133K+, 2.5" JBA lift with adj coiloveres, Bilstein 7100 rear /BFG MT KM2 245/75R16 on 16x8 MOABs/ Terraflex bump stops and 2 hockey pucks /OEM skids/ Front tow hooks/rear hitch/ OEM roof lightbar/ JBA 4.5 UCA's /LSD's: Trac Lock /TrueTrac 4:10's/ RRO steel roof rails and crossbars/ RRO Supersliders/ SS brake lines