Post subject: Re: Window regulator solution
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:31 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

*EDIT*
Quote:
"The old regulator part number is 04589266AB

The new part number is 04589267AB"

I originally asked for the part numbers but I found them, so I figured I would add it to this thread also just in case other people are looking for it.

Here is a site with some good info.

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/1yr ... t-if-there

Once again, thanks (as per usual).

-Dean

4.10s sitting in a box - 3

Sold-1988 Suzuki Samurai
2002 Jeep TJ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:16 pm 
LOST Newbie

Great read, new to the forum so hi to all.

My 2006 KJ had the same issue, ended up buying the whole unit for $265, has put a bad taste in my mouth as it seems many people have the same problem but Jeep will not deal with it as they should.

The spare parts guy told me if my KJ was built 3 days later I would have had to replace the glass also at a cost of $900.

What a joke.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:29 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

You guys know about these guys?
http://www.steigerperformance.com/

I got a rear window unit about a year ago. no probs. First class part. great instructions, good guys.

OME, Rancho, RRO A arms, RRO roof rails w/ diy cross bars, Dual XHD7714 with Pyle speakers, drop in K&N air filter with home made CAI, 8k smittybilt winch , Sears Platinum P1, in cab winch control, 100w Optilux lights, 7" e-code Hella headlights,245/75-16C Duratracs. DIY rockrails, DIY rear double deck cargo rack.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:08 pm 
LOST Member

welp my drivers side back window took the dump , anybody know if you can get the part at a parts house or only through the stealer ? and about how much is it ? AND how do you tell if you need the new or old part ? Mine is an 06 bought at the last of 05 ( in Oct )

Off-Road Package,
Rock Rails,
Tow Package, Factory Tow Hooks Front.
Rear Hitch Tow Hook,
750 Watt Inverter,
Cobra 25 WX CB Radio W/ a Cobra HG-M75 Power Mic
Cobra 100 Watt CB Magnet Mount Antenna - HG-A1000
Garmin nuvi 265T

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:16 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

TnRebel wrote:
welp my drivers side back window took the dump , anybody know if you can get the part at a parts house or only through the stealer ? and about how much is it ? AND how do you tell if you need the new or old part ? Mine is an 06 bought at the last of 05 ( in Oct )

I think they are in New York. To Tennessee should be a couple of days. They will tell you exactly which one you need. The main problem is the plastic piece that the weight of the whole window hangs on. It just stress fractures. An hour to install if you read the instructions. comes with the correct allen wrench.

OME, Rancho, RRO A arms, RRO roof rails w/ diy cross bars, Dual XHD7714 with Pyle speakers, drop in K&N air filter with home made CAI, 8k smittybilt winch , Sears Platinum P1, in cab winch control, 100w Optilux lights, 7" e-code Hella headlights,245/75-16C Duratracs. DIY rockrails, DIY rear double deck cargo rack.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:10 pm 
LOST Member

and liberty wrote:
TnReble wrote:

I think they are in New York. To Tennessee should be a couple of days. They will tell you exactly which one you need. The main problem is the plastic piece that the weight of the whole window hangs on. It just stress fractures. An hour to install if you read the instructions. comes with the correct allen wrench.

Thank you kind sir . ordered today .

Off-Road Package,
Rock Rails,
Tow Package, Factory Tow Hooks Front.
Rear Hitch Tow Hook,
750 Watt Inverter,
Cobra 25 WX CB Radio W/ a Cobra HG-M75 Power Mic
Cobra 100 Watt CB Magnet Mount Antenna - HG-A1000
Garmin nuvi 265T

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:27 pm 
LOST Newbie

I just ordered my steiger replacement parts, for both rear doors. I can't wait to put then in. I'll post pics when I receive them.

Firestone Destination 245/75/16AT
Hella 500FF mounted on bull bar
DIY: D shackles in front bumper
Trimmed front bumper
(more to come)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:20 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Read the instructions and take your time. Works like a charm!!!! :BANANA:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:18 pm 
LOST Newbie

Doeas anybody have any pics of what the Steiger fix looks like once its installed ???

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:58 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Don't have a picture but the devise is a plate that replaces the plastic retainer for the spiral that picks the window up. I've only replace a rear one. Edit: Take a look under "product manuals" for your application at the steiger website.http://www.steigerperformance.com/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:40 am 
LOST Newbie

Hey guys dont know if anyone has tried this but you can find a replacement on ebay look for "02 - 06 jeep liberty window regulator repair kit"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:53 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Steiger invented the fix. The other metal one looks like a copy of the steiger. The plastic ones are original equipment. I'll stick with Steiger because they have first class service and are honest. My driver's window started acting up and emailed them with the description of my problem and he gave me instructions for what to do and told me that his product wouldn't fix my problem. They're more expensive but if I need another, I'll get mine from Steiger.