It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SEMA Cherokee
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:02 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

What do you think?
Going to the next level of customization, the Mopar-modified Jeep Cherokee uses the Trailhawk 4×4 package powered by a 3.2-liter V-6 engine as a starting point. Its exterior is colored in Auburn Pearl paint, with low-gloss black and Granite Crystal with low-gloss clear touches.

Unique Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk hood and roof topographical graphics are bordered in Crush Orange, with matching orange tow hooks. The top of the modified Jeep Cherokee sports a concept roof basket design, with orange accent side panels wrapped in woven metallic fabric. A front wind deflector, which includes the Mopar logo, completes the design.

Aggressive tires highlight the off-road flavor of the vehicle, and rock rails protect this Jeep Cherokee from trail obstacles.

The inside is enhanced with Katzkin Amaretto leather seats, with colored leather in the center, ensuring a premium feel. Leather wrapping on the center console, storage door and armrest, and matching color stitching on the seats, offer even more appointments. The top and bottom of the steering wheel are leather, and painted trim provides highlights throughout the inside.

Other Mopar goodies include bright door-sill guards with the Jeep Cherokee logo, a wireless smartphone charger, and WiFi. The Jeep Cargo Management Receiver System (JCMRS), a unique option that features a running bar along the left interior, to which Mopar items may be mounted, is also utilized. The Mopar roadside emergency kit, Trailhawk bag and first-aid kit are mounted to the JCMRS. In the Jeep Performance Parts department, a Mopar cold-air intake and a cat-back exhaust are put to work to achieve horsepower gains.

Post subject: Re: SEMA Cherokee
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:41 pm 
LOST Addict

Pretty bland color for SEMA. The roof basket looks really out of place to me.
Can't wait to see these in person.

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Gibson stainless steel exhaust
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
BFG All Terrrain 225/75/16
JBA upper control arms

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:45 pm 

Roof rack is too tall for my tastes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:46 pm 
LOST Newbie

Getting used to the front, bigger tire looks great on it. On the other end, the rear seems just wrong. It's still (way) better than a Rav4/CRV..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:50 pm 
LOST Addict

brunolambert wrote:
Getting used to the front, bigger tire looks great on it. On the other end, the rear seems just wrong. It's still (way) better than a Rav4/CRV..

I wanna see how one looks at night from the front with the light on.

The rear I dig the exhaust, but if that's the gas tank that's visible, I don't like that.

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
JBA upper control arms

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:53 pm 
LOST Newbie

Gageraid wrote:
brunolambert wrote:

The rear I dig the exhaust, but if that's the gas tank that's visible, I don't like that.

Would be indeed nice to see at night. Good thing about the back is people shouldn't hit the hitch while wheeling :ROTFL:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:12 pm 

Gageraid wrote:
brunolambert wrote:

Thats the muffler you see across the back

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:14 pm 
LOST Addict

That makes sense, Tom. Seems like a great way to smash your muffler.

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
JBA upper control arms

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:59 pm 

Jeep must like mufflers there, JKs the same place. But I guess its either a muffler or a gas tank, has to be one or the other

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:01 pm 
LOST Addict

Where is the location of the KL gas stank? Dumb question.

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
JBA upper control arms

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:07 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tommudd wrote:
Roof rack is too tall for my tastes

X2 but I like everything else a lot!

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

RRO: Adventure Rack/Rails ** MOPAR: Skids/Renny Flares & 255/75r17 (32.1) BFG M/T on JK wheels ** ARB: Bumper/IPF lights/790/948/shocks ** GDE: TCM/Hot Tune ** ROCKLIZARD: Super Sliders/Komodo Bumper

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:14 am 
LOST Addict

It's better...I still think its hideous and don't like it though. I would also ditch the roof rack, it's just too much. I want to see the interior with everything they did though.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:00 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I think it looks pretty good! :JEEPIN:

1977- Jeep CJ-5

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:53 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I would be happier if Jeep would have named it the Jeep EAGLE. It more closely resembles an AMC Eagle replacement, not a Cherokee replacement. That's my only complaint. I understand that Jeep is after a different evolving audience, and I'm fine with that. Jeep has attempted to maintain their "true to Jeep" mission by displaying the above rig at the SEMA show, but it doesn't look like they have made it more off-road capable. Typically, their SEMA vehicles are lifted, heavily armored, and appear more capable. But to answer the question, I like the above car-like vehicle for what it is.

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:07 pm 
LOST Junkie

I'm liking it. Wheels and tires made nice difference to it. It's growing on me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:13 pm 
LOST Junkie

You can put lipstick on a pig..........

Provent @ 43,000 km
SEGR in progress
SAMCO Sport hoses @ 48500 km
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac LT225/75R16

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:29 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Does nothing for me, hopefully by the time I'm ready for a new vehicle this new style of vehicle will be gone and a better looking one will exist.

L.O.S.T. #DW090501

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:47 pm 
LOST Addict

I want to see the rock rails a lot more closely. And I would want to crawl underneath and examine the factory armor too.

I watched the video posted by TFL Cars and was less than impressed by what FourWheeler.com had already reported about the fact that the AWD system does not engage the rear wheels until the front starts slipping. It was painful to watch. The reviewers were quick to comment that their lead vehicle (a Wrangler) was a "real 4WD". You make your own decisions, but this is the first real test video of the KL that I have seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEgNyCYmtqI

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4
Steel IFS/DL&DTT/4.10s/Tow Pkg/Mopar-Rusty's-Skid Row skids&sliders/OME struts&springs/Rancho shocks/Terraflex bumpstops/Landy FRH/Gen Steel/Grabber AT2s/Spidertrax/Rockcrusher/Hella/Smittybilt XRC8/Bulldog wiring/NAPA brakes/JBA UCAs&spacers/Deka Intimidator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:02 am 
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint

dieselenthusiast wrote:
I would be happier if Jeep would have named it the Jeep EAGLE. It more closely resembles an AMC Eagle replacement, not a Cherokee replacement. That's my only complaint. I understand that Jeep is after a different evolving audience, and I'm fine with that. Jeep has attempted to maintain their "true to Jeep" mission by displaying the above rig at the SEMA show, but it doesn't look like they have made it more off-road capable. Typically, their SEMA vehicles are lifted, heavily armored, and appear more capable. But to answer the question, I like the above car-like vehicle for what it is.

You nailed it Diesel...hooked up like that it reminds me of my old Drivers Ed car!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:05 am 

dieselenthusiast wrote:

Anymore most all SEMA prepped vehicles from the manufactures and the main stream aftermarket companies are heavy laden pieces of crap I think. They throw so much crap on them to advertise their products that they are no longer capable of doing anything but sitting there with 12 inches of lift with 44 inch tall tires on 24 inch wheels. I like to look at them but they are so impracticable its a joke anymore. At least this one is basically add a couple of things and throw it out on the street and go, consumers can identify with it .
I'd buy one before I'd buy a KK