It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cherokee CRD Injector Fail
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:27 am 
LOST Newbie

Hi Everyone
I need some assistance.
I recently bought a 2007 Jeep Cherokee CRD, I had very little problems with it..... and then 3 injectors failed!
I want to ask does anyone know why all 3 could of failed? Is this a problem with these models that happen often?
I really like the Jeep but this is making me a bit negative, especially after I heard the cost of replacing it.
I will appreciate any assistance on this.
Thank you in advance

Post subject: Re: Cherokee CRD Injector Fail
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:07 pm 
LOST Member

Who is telling you that they are failed? I would take them to a reputable injector shop and have them bench tested if you haven't already. Was any home brew bio diesel or vege oil burned in it? That can coat the inside of the injectors with a thin layer of glycerin which will eventually break free and cause the injector to stick open to return. Can be taken apart and cleaned if you are very careful. You have nothing to lose by trying.

2006 Liberty CRD 275K, JBA 2.5 with Fox Shocks, GDE Turbo Kit, GDE TCM Tune, Suncoast TC, OEM fuel filter housing converted to fit Caterpillar Fuel Filter 1R-0749, OEM themostat housing modified to accept Hemi 203 F thermostat.

Post subject: Re: Cherokee CRD Injector Fail
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:50 am 
LOST Member

Wrong section. Post in the CRD section.

JBA 4" lift, IRO Tri-link w/ wwdiesel bracket, JBA sliders, 235/85-16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Mercedes Benz forged ultralight wheels, Weeks stage 1 and 2, Weeks lift pump and harness, Weeks battery tray and AGM battery, GDE tune, Suncoast TC, updated front pump, HDS 001 T-stat, ARP studs, Front and rear Detroit/Eaton Truetrac LSD.