It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Back in a Jeep
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:22 pm 
LOST Newbie

Well I really missed my 2006 CRD Liberty that I still expected to be driving...

We're in CA now and not PA any longer. I had sold my car after moving here and had only been riding my motorcycles...until I needed a 4-wheel cage again to make sure I could move my dog around when needed after wifey decided we need a divorce (sigh).

I've always liked the little BU - got myself a 2015 Latitude with the 1.4T and manual 6-speed, as I wasn't about to touch anything with a 9-speed transmission.

This thing it serious fun, and I am in the process of planning the lift. There is a manufacturer in Italy that makes a 2" lift strut, and is the same company that makes the struts for them OEM. I figure with the strut and Trailhawk Springs I will be good to add a slightly bigger tire and call it a day. I don't hard core off-road. I have dirt bikes for that!

Post subject: Back in a Jeep
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:48 pm 
LOST Member

BE CAREFUL with the oil... use the euro specific oil... I have seen may of those fist engines with problems because of the wrongs oil... I recommend looking it up on the liquimoly site and getting the recommended oil. The dealer often times uses the WRONG oil... we see it all the time with BMW and others that have gone to the dealer for years, way more problems vs our regular customers. If you read the fine print you will see you are agreeing the service they did is ok, but it is often not right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Back in a Jeep
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:19 pm 
LOST Newbie

I don't ever have the dealer do my oil.

Yes, it takes fully synthetic 5W40 oil spec'ed in the owners manual.. only a couple oil bottles on the shelf at the local auto parts stores qualify. I may just bulk order LiquiMoly from one of the internet places that sells for the Renegade.

https://shopeurocompulsion.net/collecti ... engine-oil

Redline also sells a correct low friction 5W40.

Oil has to meet MS-12991. I believe Penzoil and Valvoline now also sell some qualifying 5W40.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:50 pm 
LOST Member

But remember... no Mobil 1 ... it’s a joke, basically only meets Porsche specs and old VW, the Mobil 1 they have in the states is crap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:10 pm 
LOST Newbie

Just did the Alfa 4C coil upgrade along with recommended spark plug change. Smoothed things out really well.

Also yesterday added the Mpx Bored Throttle Body and have the GFB Turbo Diverter Valve coming. Might do the Turbosmart Internal Wastegate Actuator soon, and slow down on engine stuff since those are the major turbo control enhancements that make it work the way it should. Well the bored TB was for performance.

I need that lift! Then tires, although my tires are new...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:06 am 
LOST Newbie

What type of tires do you have on?