It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 12:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Lost Jeeps Official Vendor Posts for CRDs only. Members may also post replies to the vendor posts.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
 Post subject: Re: SMS "Weeks" CRD Intake Elbow Kit- Bypasses EGR, Deletes
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:06 am 
LOST Newbie

Has anyone installed the weeks 1 & 2 along with GDE tune and passed an emissions test? Well I guess it does not matter now because I installed both the 1 & 2 Weeks kits today. The only thing I see that could be improved is a new V band clamp for the cap on the exhaust manifold. I work in aviation and a nice T bolt similar to the one one the intake would be nice. My clamp is not in very good condition and has a small leak. So I will be going to the dealership on Monday to get a new one. Other than that issue the kit installed great, and having the use of air tools makes it even easier.

JBA UCA, JBA strut & clevis spacers, JBA Y-Link Ext,
Extra rear isolators, Goodyear DuraTrac’s,
Enkei SR-6 wheels 16X7, Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck, WIX’s 51515XP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:14 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Just got my kit last night. I was very impressed with the packaging. Only from JBA (expanded foam that custom-fits the arms) have I seen a kit that was more thoughtfully packaged. The nice part was that everything was recyclable. Much like the available battery tray, it's very green.

It was a little funny to see a business card and a sticker... but no included instructions. The online ones are quite good and having a QC code to scan on my mobile and pull up the pdf was a nice touch.

Is the EGR blockoff cap in the kits that include stage1 & 2 just a mulligan? I can see using it if you split the install into two steps, but I hate to see you loosing on your margins if you don't NEED to include it. Just a thought.

P.S. I was motivated to do this since I started getting glow plug faults (first time ever) and have a new 7v etecno set sitting in a box several years old. Hopefully taking off the entire intake will make that job straightforward to do at the same time.

Dan

Fumoto drain | ProVent CCV Filter
Stanadyne FM100 filter | Cummins fuel pump
GDE Eco | SEGR | BoulderBars | FrankenLift | Frankenskids

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:41 pm 
LOST Junkie

it really makes it a snap. You will still want to get the alternator out of the way for 1&2 though.

Future plans: TC upgrade, Transgo kit, GDE Hot-tune

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:47 pm 
LOST Junkie

dgeist wrote:
Just got my kit last night. I was very impressed with the packaging. Only from JBA (expanded foam that custom-fits the arms) have I seen a kit that was more thoughtfully packaged. The nice part was that everything was recyclable. Much like the available battery tray, it's very green.

It was a little funny to see a business card and a sticker... but no included instructions. The online ones are quite good and having a QC code to scan on my mobile and pull up the pdf was a nice touch.

Thanks for the awesome feedback!

dgeist wrote:
Is the EGR blockoff cap in the kits that include stage1 & 2 just a mulligan? I can see using it if you split the install into two steps, but I hate to see you loosing on your margins if you don't NEED to include it. Just a thought.

Yep, that is there if you just want to do the elbow kit (Stage 1) and wait to do the full delete (Stage 2). We recommend doing them at the same time, but the Stage 2 does take significantly longer. So if one is in a hurry, it's nice to have the option!

dgeist wrote:
P.S. I was motivated to do this since I started getting glow plug faults (first time ever) and have a new 7v etecno set sitting in a box several years old. Hopefully taking off the entire intake will make that job straightforward to do at the same time.

We designed the elbow kit to make replacing glow plugs easier and faster. I would say it cuts the time of that job in half, maybe more.

SasquatchParts.com
VM Motori Parts & Performance​

Jeep Liberty 2.8L CRD
RAM 1500 3.0L EcoDiesel
Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0L EcoDiesel
Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon 2.8L Duramax​

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:42 am 
LOST Junkie

I have weeks stage one and two - since they came out. I also have the in-tank lift pump and wiring harness. Weeks' stuff is well designed, well made and well packed. I have a new Odyssey grp 34 - otherwise I'd have his battery tray too!

Light Khaki 2.8CRD: TJM alloy bumper; Skid Row &Asfir skids;ext. breathers; SAMCO hoses; Amsoil air filter;Grabber At2 235/70/16; Fumoto; Euro TC; Odyssey PC1500;GDE FTEcotune; OME lift; lightforce driving lights;RuffStuff diff cover;nylon fan+Hayden2905;ss vortex exhaust; snorkel.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:02 pm 
LOST Addict

Lancer wrote:
I have a new Odyssey grp 34 - otherwise I'd have his battery tray too!

I installed his battery tray and used my grp 34 battery in it till I was able to purchase the bigger grp 65 NorthStar AGM. Just did not use the hold down plate on top that came with the kit, used a temporary one I made.... :wink:

Hella's, Flowmaster/nocat, V6 Airbox, GM11 blade fan & Hayden HD clutch
98 Dodge Cummins, 5"exh. Viair, HugeK&N

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32